May 13, 1921 - April 21, 2013
Murl Noel Day, 91, Tipton, died at 9:20 p.m. on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton. He was a lifetime resident of Tipton, having been born in Tipton on May 13, 1921, to Miles Everett & Edith Ethel (Phifer) Day. On Nov. 16, 1948, he married Henrietta Leona Hellmann and she survives.
Murl retired as the chief mechanic for the Tipton County Highway Department. He also drove bus number 7 for 25 years for Tipton School Corp. He was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and enjoyed reading and working on lawn mowers. Murl served in the U.S. Army Air Corps as a first lieutenant and flight instructor during World War II.
Survivors besides his wife, Henrietta, include nine children, Helen (Day) Baltic and husband Tony, Fort Collins, Colo., Anita (Day) Carter, Troy, Mich., Mary Ann (Day) Losey and husband David, Sellersburg, Charles Day and wife Theresa, Mineral, Va., the Rev. Martin Day, San Antonio, Texas, Carolyn (Day) Zenoni and husband Robert, Cedarburg, Wis., Margaret (Day) Patterson, West Lafayette, Barbara (Day) Davis and husband Michael, Greenwood, and Dennis Day and wife Valerie, Lorton, Va.
Murl is also survived by one sister-in-law, Ann (Mattingly) Day, Tipton; 23 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by two brothers and one sister, Burl Loel Day, Aubrey Clayton Day and Mary Ellen Altherr.
A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. on Thursday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, with the Rev. Leroy Kinnaman presiding. Burial will follow in St. John’s Cemetery with military honors. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, with a wake service at 7 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 340 Mill St., Tipton, IN 46072 or the Tipton County Public Library, 127 E. Madison St., Tipton, IN 46072.
May 13, 1921 - April 21, 2013
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- More Obituaries Headlines