Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
Mary Jane Pavey Stokes, 90, Russiaville, went to be with the Lord at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Oct. 9, 1922, in Clinton County to Lloyd and Florence (Bishop) Marshall. She married Leonard Pavey on June 9, 1943, and he passed April 19, 1999, she remarried on June 24, 2003, to Leo Stokes, and he passed away on Feb. 12, 2013.
Mary retired from First National Bank in Indianapolis, worked for Russiaville Schools for eight years, Reliance Plant in Kokomo and State Life Insurance. Mary was a 1940 Burlington High School graduate. She was a member of Russiaville Community Church, and former member of Union Baptist and Judson Baptist Churches. She also taught Sunday school for several years. She was a pastor’s wife at Nevada, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Walton Methodist Churches, and also at Boyleston and Forest Baptist Churches.
Mary’s hobbies included fishing in Minnesota. She loved to take day trips to see new places and enjoyed bird watching, especially looking for eagles. Mary found great comfort in Matthew 28 verse 20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ron) Maloney, Kokomo, Connie Pavey, Kokomo; son, William (Jan) Pavey, Kokomo; five grandchildren, Melinda (Mike) Brown, Scott (Sharon) Pavey, Brian Pavey, Jill (David) Owen, Michael (Sarah) Maloney; 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews; daughter in-law, Connie Pavey; sisters in-laws, Paula Marshall, Joan Marshall, Shirley Marshall; brother in-law and sister in-law, Kenny (Cecilia) Stokes; brother-in-law, George and Ginny Pavey; and sister-in-law, Phyllis Pavey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lloyd and Florence; husbands, Leonard Pavey and Leo Stokes; son, Johnny Pavey; brothers, John Marshall, Richard Marshall, Robert Marshall.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Russiaville Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 5 pm Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Russiaville Community Church. Stout & Son Funeral home has been entrusted with funeral arrangements. Online condolence may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
The family would like to thank Waterford and staff for all of the wonderful care they gave to Mary.
Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
- Roosevelt Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. Roosevelt "BO" Swygert Jr. was born on March 12, 1937, the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert in Pickens, Ark. He was retired from Chrysler LLC after 30
- Janet Lee Leffert Mrs. Janet Lee Leffert, 80, Walton, passed away at 1:37 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Born April 12, 1933, in Rochester, she was the daughter of John and Cleda (KiKi) Baldwin. Janet is survived by her husband, Thomas
- Glenna Gay Landrum Glenna Gay Landrum, 48, Wabash, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. She was born Aug. 18, 1965, in Kokomo, to Everett Glen and Shirley Mae (Hopper) Landrum. She loved music. She is survived by her mother, Shirley
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, went to the Lord Dec. 10, 2013. She was born Nov. 24, 1916, in Peru. She was the daughter of Jacob and Margaret (Radel) Spitznagle. On June 3, 1939, she married Dewey C. Harrison, Kokomo, at St. Charles Catholic Chu
- William F. 'Bill' Croddy William F. "Bill" Croddy, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. William F. 'Bill' Croddy
- Funeral listings, Dec. 13, 2013 Cochran, Wilma Lee, a Mass of Christian burial is 11 a.m. today at St. Charles Catholic Church, 58 W. Fifth St., Peru. Schurig, James P., services are 11 a.m. today at Shiloh United Methodist Church, 5741 W. 100 North. Edwards, Mary F., a memorial se
- Martha S. Benjamin Martha S. Benjamin, 77, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at her daughter's home in Kokomo after a courageous three-and-a-half year battle with brain cancer. She was born Nov. 24, 1936, in Anderson, to Mildred and Cecil Skaggs, and reside
- Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, in her home. She was born Sept. 16, 1951, in Chicago, to the late Paul and Matilda (Stellrecht) Ingbretson. Paulette graduated from Tremper High Schoo
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, passed away at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born Oct. 11, 1953, in Kokomo, to Marianna Ewing. On Aug. 18, 1990, Thomas married Joyce Quillen, and she survives. Thomas was a truck dri
- Roosevelt 'Bo' Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "Bo" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. He was born March 12, 1937, in Pickens, Ark., the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert. He was employed by Chrysler LLC as a machine operator. He was a me
- More Obituaries Headlines