Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
Mary Jane Pavey Stokes, 90, Russiaville, went to be with the Lord at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Oct. 9, 1922, in Clinton County to Lloyd and Florence (Bishop) Marshall. She married Leonard Pavey on June 9, 1943, and he passed April 19, 1999, she remarried on June 24, 2003, to Leo Stokes, and he passed away on Feb. 12, 2013.
Mary retired from First National Bank in Indianapolis, worked for Russiaville Schools for eight years, Reliance Plant in Kokomo and State Life Insurance. Mary was a 1940 Burlington High School graduate. She was a member of Russiaville Community Church, and former member of Union Baptist and Judson Baptist Churches. She also taught Sunday school for several years. She was a pastor’s wife at Nevada, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Walton Methodist Churches, and also at Boyleston and Forest Baptist Churches.
Mary’s hobbies included fishing in Minnesota. She loved to take day trips to see new places and enjoyed bird watching, especially looking for eagles. Mary found great comfort in Matthew 28 verse 20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ron) Maloney, Kokomo, Connie Pavey, Kokomo; son, William (Jan) Pavey, Kokomo; five grandchildren, Melinda (Mike) Brown, Scott (Sharon) Pavey, Brian Pavey, Jill (David) Owen, Michael (Sarah) Maloney; 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews; daughter in-law, Connie Pavey; sisters in-laws, Paula Marshall, Joan Marshall, Shirley Marshall; brother in-law and sister in-law, Kenny (Cecilia) Stokes; brother-in-law, George and Ginny Pavey; and sister-in-law, Phyllis Pavey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lloyd and Florence; husbands, Leonard Pavey and Leo Stokes; son, Johnny Pavey; brothers, John Marshall, Richard Marshall, Robert Marshall.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Russiaville Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 5 pm Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Russiaville Community Church. Stout & Son Funeral home has been entrusted with funeral arrangements. Online condolence may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
The family would like to thank Waterford and staff for all of the wonderful care they gave to Mary.
Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines