Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
Mary Jane Pavey Stokes, 90, Russiaville, went to be with the Lord at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Oct. 9, 1922, in Clinton County to Lloyd and Florence (Bishop) Marshall. She married Leonard Pavey on June 9, 1943, and he passed April 19, 1999, she remarried on June 24, 2003, to Leo Stokes, and he passed away on Feb. 12, 2013.
Mary retired from First National Bank in Indianapolis, worked for Russiaville Schools for eight years, Reliance Plant in Kokomo and State Life Insurance. Mary was a 1940 Burlington High School graduate. She was a member of Russiaville Community Church, and former member of Union Baptist and Judson Baptist Churches. She also taught Sunday school for several years. She was a pastor’s wife at Nevada, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Walton Methodist Churches, and also at Boyleston and Forest Baptist Churches.
Mary’s hobbies included fishing in Minnesota. She loved to take day trips to see new places and enjoyed bird watching, especially looking for eagles. Mary found great comfort in Matthew 28 verse 20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ron) Maloney, Kokomo, Connie Pavey, Kokomo; son, William (Jan) Pavey, Kokomo; five grandchildren, Melinda (Mike) Brown, Scott (Sharon) Pavey, Brian Pavey, Jill (David) Owen, Michael (Sarah) Maloney; 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews; daughter in-law, Connie Pavey; sisters in-laws, Paula Marshall, Joan Marshall, Shirley Marshall; brother in-law and sister in-law, Kenny (Cecilia) Stokes; brother-in-law, George and Ginny Pavey; and sister-in-law, Phyllis Pavey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lloyd and Florence; husbands, Leonard Pavey and Leo Stokes; son, Johnny Pavey; brothers, John Marshall, Richard Marshall, Robert Marshall.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Russiaville Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 5 pm Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Russiaville Community Church. Stout & Son Funeral home has been entrusted with funeral arrangements. Online condolence may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
The family would like to thank Waterford and staff for all of the wonderful care they gave to Mary.
Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- Helen M. Shultz Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines