Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
Mary Jane Pavey Stokes, 90, Russiaville, went to be with the Lord at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Oct. 9, 1922, in Clinton County to Lloyd and Florence (Bishop) Marshall. She married Leonard Pavey on June 9, 1943, and he passed April 19, 1999, she remarried on June 24, 2003, to Leo Stokes, and he passed away on Feb. 12, 2013.
Mary retired from First National Bank in Indianapolis, worked for Russiaville Schools for eight years, Reliance Plant in Kokomo and State Life Insurance. Mary was a 1940 Burlington High School graduate. She was a member of Russiaville Community Church, and former member of Union Baptist and Judson Baptist Churches. She also taught Sunday school for several years. She was a pastor’s wife at Nevada, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Walton Methodist Churches, and also at Boyleston and Forest Baptist Churches.
Mary’s hobbies included fishing in Minnesota. She loved to take day trips to see new places and enjoyed bird watching, especially looking for eagles. Mary found great comfort in Matthew 28 verse 20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ron) Maloney, Kokomo, Connie Pavey, Kokomo; son, William (Jan) Pavey, Kokomo; five grandchildren, Melinda (Mike) Brown, Scott (Sharon) Pavey, Brian Pavey, Jill (David) Owen, Michael (Sarah) Maloney; 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews; daughter in-law, Connie Pavey; sisters in-laws, Paula Marshall, Joan Marshall, Shirley Marshall; brother in-law and sister in-law, Kenny (Cecilia) Stokes; brother-in-law, George and Ginny Pavey; and sister-in-law, Phyllis Pavey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lloyd and Florence; husbands, Leonard Pavey and Leo Stokes; son, Johnny Pavey; brothers, John Marshall, Richard Marshall, Robert Marshall.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Russiaville Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 5 pm Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Russiaville Community Church. Stout & Son Funeral home has been entrusted with funeral arrangements. Online condolence may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
The family would like to thank Waterford and staff for all of the wonderful care they gave to Mary.
Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
- Shirley A. Water Shirley A. Water, 68, Kokomo, died at 2:15 a.m. Friday, March7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home. Shirley A. Water
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born April 20, 1920, near Greentown. His parents were Raymond Issac and Susie G. (Synder) Hill, both deceased. He and June E. Brown w
- Herbert Ford Herbert Ford, 73, Walton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Cass County due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Per Herbert's wishes, there will be no services. Hartzler-Clapper Funeral Home of Brookston is entrusted with care. Share mem
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital, Noblesville. Visitation is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. the same da
- Mary Louise Newby Mary Louise Newby, 85, died at 5:56 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at North Woods Village. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Burial will follow at New London Ceme
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, Kokomo, died at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Servi
- Jerolyn R. Blessing Jerolyn R. Blessing, 80, Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Jerolyn R. Blessing
- Funerals Rogers, Stephen P. II, a celebration of life is 11 a.m. today at Paw Paw United Methodist Church, 7712 N. Paw Paw Pike, Denver. Amsbury, Blanche Alma, services are noon today at Leatherman-Morris-Boyer Funeral Home, 314 N. Main St., Tipton. Bauer, Ka
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- More Obituaries Headlines