Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
Mary Jane Pavey Stokes, 90, Russiaville, went to be with the Lord at 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Oct. 9, 1922, in Clinton County to Lloyd and Florence (Bishop) Marshall. She married Leonard Pavey on June 9, 1943, and he passed April 19, 1999, she remarried on June 24, 2003, to Leo Stokes, and he passed away on Feb. 12, 2013.
Mary retired from First National Bank in Indianapolis, worked for Russiaville Schools for eight years, Reliance Plant in Kokomo and State Life Insurance. Mary was a 1940 Burlington High School graduate. She was a member of Russiaville Community Church, and former member of Union Baptist and Judson Baptist Churches. She also taught Sunday school for several years. She was a pastor’s wife at Nevada, Bennetts Switch, Miami, Walton Methodist Churches, and also at Boyleston and Forest Baptist Churches.
Mary’s hobbies included fishing in Minnesota. She loved to take day trips to see new places and enjoyed bird watching, especially looking for eagles. Mary found great comfort in Matthew 28 verse 20, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Survivors include two daughters, Linda (Ron) Maloney, Kokomo, Connie Pavey, Kokomo; son, William (Jan) Pavey, Kokomo; five grandchildren, Melinda (Mike) Brown, Scott (Sharon) Pavey, Brian Pavey, Jill (David) Owen, Michael (Sarah) Maloney; 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews; daughter in-law, Connie Pavey; sisters in-laws, Paula Marshall, Joan Marshall, Shirley Marshall; brother in-law and sister in-law, Kenny (Cecilia) Stokes; brother-in-law, George and Ginny Pavey; and sister-in-law, Phyllis Pavey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lloyd and Florence; husbands, Leonard Pavey and Leo Stokes; son, Johnny Pavey; brothers, John Marshall, Richard Marshall, Robert Marshall.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officiating. Burial will follow at Russiaville Cemetery. Friends may call from 2 to 5 pm Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Russiaville Community Church. Stout & Son Funeral home has been entrusted with funeral arrangements. Online condolence may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
The family would like to thank Waterford and staff for all of the wonderful care they gave to Mary.
Oct. 9, 1922 - June 6, 2013
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- Vickie S. Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie was a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, crocheting
- Georgia F. Foard A memorial service for Sister Georgia F. Foard will be at 11 a.m. Friday in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCann St. The wife of Pastor Robert Foard of Zion Missionary Baptist Church, she passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Georgia F. Foard
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Elizabeth Louise (Jones) Stewart Elizabeth L. Stewart, 93, was called home to rest by the Lord at 2:25 p.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014. She was born in Marion to the late William Burke Jones and the late Helen Jones Casey on Nov. 8, 1920. In 1938, Elizabeth graduated from Marion High Sc
- Funerals Fields, Perry, services are 11 a.m. today at Family Worship Center, 6395 S. Clarkson St., Littleton, Colo. Tosch, Deborah L., services are 11 a.m. today at Indian Village Church of God, 602 Erie Pass, Auburn. Richardson, Nellie Marie, services are 2
- Sean Michael Mahoney Sean Michael Mahoney, 51, Springfield, passed away at 12:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at his residence. Born Jan. 20, 1963, in Springfield, Mass., he was the son of Thomas F. Mahoney and Audrey (Murphy) Mahoney. He was a veteran of the United St
- More Obituaries Headlines