July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Carroll Ray 'C.R.' Bill Taylor Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill Taylor, 82, Kokomo, passed away early Monday morning, July 21, 2014, at Community North Hospital in Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 23, 1931, in Heber Springs, Arkansas, to William Andrew and Polly Ann (Adkins) Taylor. He marri
- Elizabeth Reid Yohe Elizabeth Reid Yohe, 83, Newburgh, passed away Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at her home. She was born Jan. 15, 1931, in Norristown, Pennsylvania, to the late Raymond C. and Marian J. Reid. Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband of 57 years, Jame
- Marjorie L. Barber Marjorie L. Barber, 95, Burlington, passed away at 5:48 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born June 2, 1919, in Carroll County, to Ockle G. and Edith May (Quinn) Barber.Marjorie was a member of Burlington Church of Christ, w
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- More Obituaries Headlines