July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Phillip 'Phil' E. Fernung Phillip "Phil" E. Fernung, 70, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Fairmont Rehabilitation Center in Kokomo. He was born March 5, 1944, to Ernest and Madella (Sellers) Fernung in Kokomo. Phil grew up on a farm, and deeply respected both
- Funerals listings, April 16, 2014 Corradi, James Joseph, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E. Horoho, Ernest "Pete," services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Rivera, Seferina D., services
- Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown, 54, escaped her earthly struggles and passed into Paradise Wednesday, April 2, 2014. A wonderful wife, sister, mother, mother-in-law, proud grandmother of her 12 grandchildren, civil engineering graduate, and faithful frien
- Angeline Hanna Fife Angeline Hanna Fife, 91, formerly of Flora, died at 12:35 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Golden Living Healthcare-Kokomo. She was born April 2, 1923, in Burnettsville, to the late Homer and Faye Johnsonbaugh Hanna. Her marriage was to Donald E. Fif
- Roy Leslie Kinsey Roy Leslie Kinsey, 97, North Manchester, died at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Peabody Healthcare Center in North Manchester. He was born May 25, 1916, in Claypool, to Harry and Mabel (Bowen) Kinsey. Roy was a 1934 graduate of Claypool High
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Glenda Joy Kessler Glenda Joy Kessler passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, after a blessedly short battle with Alzheimer's ending with a stroke. She touched many lives with her gentle spirit and Christian outlook on life. Glenda was born at home in Stillwater, Okla.,
- Dena M. Morris Dena M. Morris, 95, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014, in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Dena M. Morris
- Diane Mitchell Coffman Diane Mitchell Coffman, 68, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 9, 1945, in London, England, to Mark and Dorothy (Banbury) McCain. She retired from Delco. Survivors include her two children, Mark Coffman and his
- Scott K. Van Sickel Scott K. Van Sickel, 60, Lafayette, formerly of Kokomo and Morton, Ill., passed away at 7:10 a.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital. He was born the son of L.K. and Maxine Van Sickel on Jan. 1, 1954, in Berwyn, Ill. Scott was a
- More Obituaries Headlines