July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Funerals, April 21, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Washam, William G. 'Willie', services wil
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, at IU Health Tipton in Tipton. He was born Dec. 23, 1952, in Tipton, to Floyd and Roxie (Blythe) Emberton. On March 11, 1972, David married Debbie Arnett and they had shared 42 years
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- James R. Lutz James R. Lutz, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 5:10 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. Jim was born Sept. 8, 1941, in Elizabethtown, Ky., to John and Stella (Cartwright) Lutz. In 1961, he married Shirley L. (Mi
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- More Obituaries Headlines