July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines