July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Shirley A. Water Shirley A. Water, 68, Kokomo, died at 2:15 a.m. Friday, March7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home. Shirley A. Water
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born April 20, 1920, near Greentown. His parents were Raymond Issac and Susie G. (Synder) Hill, both deceased. He and June E. Brown w
- Herbert Ford Herbert Ford, 73, Walton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Cass County due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Per Herbert's wishes, there will be no services. Hartzler-Clapper Funeral Home of Brookston is entrusted with care. Share mem
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital, Noblesville. Visitation is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. the same da
- Mary Louise Newby Mary Louise Newby, 85, died at 5:56 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at North Woods Village. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Burial will follow at New London Ceme
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, Kokomo, died at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Servi
- Jerolyn R. Blessing Jerolyn R. Blessing, 80, Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Jerolyn R. Blessing
- Funerals Rogers, Stephen P. II, a celebration of life is 11 a.m. today at Paw Paw United Methodist Church, 7712 N. Paw Paw Pike, Denver. Amsbury, Blanche Alma, services are noon today at Leatherman-Morris-Boyer Funeral Home, 314 N. Main St., Tipton. Bauer, Ka
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- More Obituaries Headlines