July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
Robert P. Summers, 91, Greentown, died at 1:10 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013, at his home. He was born July 28, 1921, in Howard County, the son of Wesley and Lela (Wise) Summers. On Dec. 27, 1941, he married Freeda L. Horoho, who preceded him in death in May 9, 2012.
Bob was a graduate of Greentown High School. He retired from the Delco Electronics division of General Motors in 1978 after 31 years of service.
He attended Sycamore Friends Church. Bob enjoyed photography.
Survivors include his three children, Jan A. (Rhonda) Summers, Jerilee (Ted) Radcliffe, Jennifer (Cecil) Troyer; 15 grandchildren, Tamara Covert, Teri (Roy) Keller, Sara Radcliffe, Shawn (Wayne) Dilley, Bridget Gruette, David (Nancy) Radcliffe, Carol Rose, Melissa Troyer, Corey Troyer, Christopher Troyer, Sara (Scott) McKinney, Angela (Matt) Maple, Jarred (Hillary) Summers, Sean (Jennifer) Power, Dustin Summers; 35 great-grandchildren, 35 great-great grandchildren, two great-great-great grandchildren; and one sister, Joanna Frail.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; wife; one daughter, Jonetta Mauller; one great-grandson, Jacob Covert; and one brother, Donald Summers.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Sycamore Friends Church, 1148 N. 1100 East, Greentown, with Pastors Dave Freelan and Jesse Vore officiating. Burial will follow in Zion Cemetery. Friends may visit with the family from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
Memorial contributions may be made in Robert’s name to Sycamore Friends Church. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at hasler-stout.com.
July 28, 1921 - April 26, 2013
- Funerals Yentes, John F., services are 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru. Amthauer, Emma M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Murray-Weaver Funeral Home, Galveston. Temoney, John Jr., the homegoing service is 11 a.m. today a
- Mildred E. Harper Mildred E. Harper, 84, died Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Century Villa Healthcare, Greentown. Mildred was born in Marion on Jan. 26, 1929, to the late Eli and Malvra (Lawson) Adkins. She married Roy J. Harper on March 16, 1947, and he survives. She wa
- Bette J. Kellogg Bette J. Kellogg, 84, Mount Vernon, Ohio, passed away Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at the Emeritus at HillenVale in Mount Vernon. She was born Oct. 3, 1929, in Kokomo to the late Buell and Esse Mae (Parker) Bennett. She was employed by the City of Mount Ver
- Elsie Newhouse Elsie Newhouse, 83, Kokomo, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West, with Pastor Brent Faulkner officiating. Burial will
- Kelley L. Kilfoil Kelley Lynn Kilfoil, 42, Tipton, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Kelley's family would like to invite friends to a casual gathering from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the Social Room at the West Street Christian Chu
- Leo J. Kuchnicki Leo J. Kuchnicki, 92, Kokomo, passed away at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Northwoods Village. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1220 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Father Mike McK
- Kathy Brockett Kathy Brockett, 66, Bloomington and formerly of Tipton and Kokomo, died at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Arrangements are pending and will be updated at www.young-nichols.com when they become available.
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, died at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel has been entrusted with the funeral arrangements and a full obituary will follow.
- Kelley L. Kilfoil Kelley L. Kilfoil, 42, Tipton, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral arrangements are pending at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, and will be updated at www.young-nichols.com when they are available. Ke
- Funerals Harris, Dr. David J. Sr., services are 1 p.m. today at the Woodland Church of God, 3401 S. Webster St. Keller, Retired Master Chief Jackie, services are 1 p.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St. Yentes
- More Obituaries Headlines