Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
Ada V. Dunn, 66, died at 11:04 a.m. Saturday, April 20, 2013, at her home. She was born Jan. 4, 1947, in Tampa, Fla., the daughter of Walter and Laney (Douglas) Owen. On April 21, 1984, in Cocoa Beach, Fla., she married David Wayne Dunn, who preceded her in death.
Ada was a homemaker and a seamstress. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, sewing, family gatherings, gator hunting and scary movies. She found her way into a person’s heart and made that person better. Her sweet smile would brighten your day; her sweet soul would warm your heart.
Ada is survived by three children, Chuck (Jessica) White, Carolann (Jim) Harden, and Donna White, all of Tennessee; 11 grandchildren; four nieces and one nephew.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and twin sister, Vada Skiles.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory assisted the family with arrangements. Memorial contributions may be made in Ada’s name to the Kokomo Humane Society, 713 N. Elizabeth St., Kokomo, IN 46901. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, passed away at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on Jan. 22, 1964, in Miami, Fla., to Carl and Linda Gail Justice and they both survive. Linda attended Indi
- Funeral listings, Dec. 8, 2013 Coleman, Jerry W., a memorial service is 12:30 p.m. today at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Bennett, Frederick "Fred" J., memorial services are 1 p.m. today at Sharon Baptist Church, 7012 E. 50 North, Flora. Raikes, Merlyn, services
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday als
- Gordon B. Gish Gordon Beck Gish, 87, died peacefully at his home Saturday morning, Nov. 23, 2013, after many years of battling COPD. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 26, 1926, to Dwight Vernon and Louise Beck Gish, he was raised in both Cass and Tipton countie
- Betty J. Bagwell Betty J. Bagwell, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 12:33 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her residence. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo. Betty J. Bagwell
- Elsie Newhouse Elsie Newhouse, 83, Kokomo, passed away at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care. She was born March 1, 1930, in Miami, Ind., the daughter of Floyd and Orpha (Fennell) Warner. She married James Gilbert Newhouse on Nov. 9, an
- Roosevelt Swygert Roosevelt Swygert Jr.,76, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Roosevelt Swygert
- Kenton Ardee Wilson Kenton Ardee Wilson, 61, Bloomington, formerly of Kokomo, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, in Tucson, Ariz., following an 11-month battle with cancer. Born in Kokomo on June 19, 1952, to Bonnie and Ardee Wilson, he was a 1970 graduate of Haworth
- Paulette E. Schoenberger Paulette E. Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her residence. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo. Paulette E. Schoenberger
- Jacqueline 'Jackie' Pierce Jacqueline "Jackie" M. Pierce, 84, Walton, passed away at 9:35 p.m. on Dec. 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Hospital. She was born on Oct. 31, 1929, to Elizabeth (Walbrecht) Freeman in Harlan County, Kentucky. On July 7, 1947, she married Earl
- More Obituaries Headlines