Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
Ada V. Dunn, 66, died at 11:04 a.m. Saturday, April 20, 2013, at her home. She was born Jan. 4, 1947, in Tampa, Fla., the daughter of Walter and Laney (Douglas) Owen. On April 21, 1984, in Cocoa Beach, Fla., she married David Wayne Dunn, who preceded her in death.
Ada was a homemaker and a seamstress. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, sewing, family gatherings, gator hunting and scary movies. She found her way into a person’s heart and made that person better. Her sweet smile would brighten your day; her sweet soul would warm your heart.
Ada is survived by three children, Chuck (Jessica) White, Carolann (Jim) Harden, and Donna White, all of Tennessee; 11 grandchildren; four nieces and one nephew.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and twin sister, Vada Skiles.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory assisted the family with arrangements. Memorial contributions may be made in Ada’s name to the Kokomo Humane Society, 713 N. Elizabeth St., Kokomo, IN 46901. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines