Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
Ada V. Dunn, 66, died at 11:04 a.m. Saturday, April 20, 2013, at her home. She was born Jan. 4, 1947, in Tampa, Fla., the daughter of Walter and Laney (Douglas) Owen. On April 21, 1984, in Cocoa Beach, Fla., she married David Wayne Dunn, who preceded her in death.
Ada was a homemaker and a seamstress. She enjoyed gardening, cooking, sewing, family gatherings, gator hunting and scary movies. She found her way into a person’s heart and made that person better. Her sweet smile would brighten your day; her sweet soul would warm your heart.
Ada is survived by three children, Chuck (Jessica) White, Carolann (Jim) Harden, and Donna White, all of Tennessee; 11 grandchildren; four nieces and one nephew.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and twin sister, Vada Skiles.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory assisted the family with arrangements. Memorial contributions may be made in Ada’s name to the Kokomo Humane Society, 713 N. Elizabeth St., Kokomo, IN 46901. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Jan. 4, 1947 - April 20, 2013
- Phillip 'Phil' E. Fernung Phillip "Phil" E. Fernung, 70, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Fairmont Rehabilitation Center in Kokomo. He was born March 5, 1944, to Ernest and Madella (Sellers) Fernung in Kokomo. Phil grew up on a farm, and deeply respected both
- Funerals listings, April 16, 2014 Corradi, James Joseph, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E. Horoho, Ernest "Pete," services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Rivera, Seferina D., services
- Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown Rose Marie (Ramey) Brown, 54, escaped her earthly struggles and passed into Paradise Wednesday, April 2, 2014. A wonderful wife, sister, mother, mother-in-law, proud grandmother of her 12 grandchildren, civil engineering graduate, and faithful frien
- Angeline Hanna Fife Angeline Hanna Fife, 91, formerly of Flora, died at 12:35 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Golden Living Healthcare-Kokomo. She was born April 2, 1923, in Burnettsville, to the late Homer and Faye Johnsonbaugh Hanna. Her marriage was to Donald E. Fif
- Roy Leslie Kinsey Roy Leslie Kinsey, 97, North Manchester, died at 12:33 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Peabody Healthcare Center in North Manchester. He was born May 25, 1916, in Claypool, to Harry and Mabel (Bowen) Kinsey. Roy was a 1934 graduate of Claypool High
- Ronald J. 'Nick' Nickels Ronald J. "Nick" Nickels, 70, Kokomo, died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 20, 1943, in Logansport, the son of Ivan and Louise (Conn) Nickels. On Feb. 4, 1967, he married Judy Tyler, who preceded him in death Oct. 3
- Glenda Joy Kessler Glenda Joy Kessler passed away Saturday, April 12, 2014, after a blessedly short battle with Alzheimer's ending with a stroke. She touched many lives with her gentle spirit and Christian outlook on life. Glenda was born at home in Stillwater, Okla.,
- Dena M. Morris Dena M. Morris, 95, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014, in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Dena M. Morris
- Diane Mitchell Coffman Diane Mitchell Coffman, 68, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 11, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 9, 1945, in London, England, to Mark and Dorothy (Banbury) McCain. She retired from Delco. Survivors include her two children, Mark Coffman and his
- Scott K. Van Sickel Scott K. Van Sickel, 60, Lafayette, formerly of Kokomo and Morton, Ill., passed away at 7:10 a.m. Thursday, April 10, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital. He was born the son of L.K. and Maxine Van Sickel on Jan. 1, 1954, in Berwyn, Ill. Scott was a
- More Obituaries Headlines