Looking back at my life
I now can see
God, family, friends were
Always there for me
Joel Dean Hollingsworth, 75, Russiaville, passed away at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 4, 1937, in Russiaville, to the late Nelson and Cecil (Rhodes) Hollingsworth.
Joel was a 1955 graduate of Western High school and later attended Ball State.
He served his country with the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1958.
Joel had been owner and operator of Hollingsworth Lumber in Russiaville. He was also a member of the former Russiaville American Legion and the Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Association. His hobbies included racing, camping, ATV riding, traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
He is survived by sons, Darin (Michelle) Hollingsworth, Kokomo, and Cale (Melanie) Hollingsworth, Louisville; grandchildren, Katie Hollingsworth, Kaleb Hollingsworth, Brittany (Joshua) Damron, Victoria Sanders, Blair Sanders, Bradley Cline Eric (Christina) Hollering, Shaun Hollering, Drew Hollering and Rob (Kristin) Wilson; seven great-grandchildren; a sister, A. Holly Hollingsworth, San Francisco; and former wife, Rita Hollingsworth, mother of Cale.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Sue Hollingsworth; wife, Roberta Jo (Rayl) Hollingsworth, mother of Darin and Dirk; a son, Dirk Hollingsworth; a brother, Benjamin Hollingsworth; and sisters, Evelyn Noe and Jean Crenshaw.
A celebration of Joel’s life will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St. Russiaville, with Pastor Chad Collins officiating. Friends may visit with the family from 4 until 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project in Joel’s name. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at stoutandson.com.
Oct. 4, 1937 - May 8, 2013
Looking back at my life
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Dorothy was born Nov. 14, 1923, in Frankfort, to the late Ward and Mary Etta Dreyer. Her marriage to Donald W. Warnock, who preceded her in death,
- Funerals Curella, Al S., services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Pierce, Jacqueline "Jackie," services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout and Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Laughner, Gary L., s
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, Kokomo, died at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison
- Leroy Young Leroy Young, 82, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Leroy Young
- Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine Richard Walter "Dick" Rhine, 78, Kokomo, died Tuesday morning, Dec. 10, 2013, at his home. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine
- Josephine Alyce (Mullett) Alexander Josephine Alyce (Mullett) Alexander, Kokomo, went home to the Lord Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013. She was born Jan. 10, 1924, in Nappanee to Levi and Mary (Yoder) Mullett. She graduated in 1942 from Nappanee High School, where she first met the love of her li
- James P. Schurig James P. Schurig, 65, Kokomo, passed away Dec. 9, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born Oct. 1, 1948, to Julius and Frances (McCulloch) Schurig in St. Louis, Mo. James met Nilene Thomas in a Christian folk singing group called the Se
- Linda E. Strange Linda E. Strange, 76, Kokomo, passed away at 10:52 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born June 28, 1937, in Kokomo to the late Sherman and Eva (Dicky) Shelby. On June 10, 1954, she married Troy E. Strange. Troy passed away Ma
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, died at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory in Kokomo. A full obit will be in Thursday's newspaper. Thomas Anthony Ewing
- Betty Jane Bagwell Betty Jane Bagwell, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 12:33 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her daughter's home surrounded by her loving family. She was the last of four siblings for the late Fred and Mary Sacks (Blockson). Betty graduated from Kokomo High
- More Obituaries Headlines