Looking back at my life
I now can see
God, family, friends were
Always there for me
Joel Dean Hollingsworth, 75, Russiaville, passed away at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 4, 1937, in Russiaville, to the late Nelson and Cecil (Rhodes) Hollingsworth.
Joel was a 1955 graduate of Western High school and later attended Ball State.
He served his country with the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1958.
Joel had been owner and operator of Hollingsworth Lumber in Russiaville. He was also a member of the former Russiaville American Legion and the Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Association. His hobbies included racing, camping, ATV riding, traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
He is survived by sons, Darin (Michelle) Hollingsworth, Kokomo, and Cale (Melanie) Hollingsworth, Louisville; grandchildren, Katie Hollingsworth, Kaleb Hollingsworth, Brittany (Joshua) Damron, Victoria Sanders, Blair Sanders, Bradley Cline Eric (Christina) Hollering, Shaun Hollering, Drew Hollering and Rob (Kristin) Wilson; seven great-grandchildren; a sister, A. Holly Hollingsworth, San Francisco; and former wife, Rita Hollingsworth, mother of Cale.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Sue Hollingsworth; wife, Roberta Jo (Rayl) Hollingsworth, mother of Darin and Dirk; a son, Dirk Hollingsworth; a brother, Benjamin Hollingsworth; and sisters, Evelyn Noe and Jean Crenshaw.
A celebration of Joel’s life will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St. Russiaville, with Pastor Chad Collins officiating. Friends may visit with the family from 4 until 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project in Joel’s name. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at stoutandson.com.
Oct. 4, 1937 - May 8, 2013
Looking back at my life
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines