Looking back at my life
I now can see
God, family, friends were
Always there for me
Joel Dean Hollingsworth, 75, Russiaville, passed away at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 4, 1937, in Russiaville, to the late Nelson and Cecil (Rhodes) Hollingsworth.
Joel was a 1955 graduate of Western High school and later attended Ball State.
He served his country with the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1958.
Joel had been owner and operator of Hollingsworth Lumber in Russiaville. He was also a member of the former Russiaville American Legion and the Indiana Hardwood Lumbermen’s Association. His hobbies included racing, camping, ATV riding, traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
He is survived by sons, Darin (Michelle) Hollingsworth, Kokomo, and Cale (Melanie) Hollingsworth, Louisville; grandchildren, Katie Hollingsworth, Kaleb Hollingsworth, Brittany (Joshua) Damron, Victoria Sanders, Blair Sanders, Bradley Cline Eric (Christina) Hollering, Shaun Hollering, Drew Hollering and Rob (Kristin) Wilson; seven great-grandchildren; a sister, A. Holly Hollingsworth, San Francisco; and former wife, Rita Hollingsworth, mother of Cale.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Sue Hollingsworth; wife, Roberta Jo (Rayl) Hollingsworth, mother of Darin and Dirk; a son, Dirk Hollingsworth; a brother, Benjamin Hollingsworth; and sisters, Evelyn Noe and Jean Crenshaw.
A celebration of Joel’s life will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St. Russiaville, with Pastor Chad Collins officiating. Friends may visit with the family from 4 until 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project in Joel’s name. Messages of condolence may be submitted online at stoutandson.com.
Oct. 4, 1937 - May 8, 2013
Looking back at my life
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, died Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington. She was born Dec. 24, 1932, in Kokomo, the daughter of the late Carl and Edna (Walker) Shaffer. She married Wayne R. McElfresh June 22, 1952, at Main Stre
- Funeral listings, July 25, 2014 Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11 a.m. today at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, 401 S. California St., Galveston.Barber, Marjorie L., services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home Neptune Chapel, 44 Michigan St., Burlington.Hudson
- William A. Wylie William A. Wylie, 81, Tipton, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014, at IU Tipton Health in Tipton. Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Porter’
- Mary Edna Jackson Mary Edna Jackson, 78, Russiaville, passed away at her home at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014.Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with the Rev. Kermit Goings and the Rev. Lehmon
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Viola Bassett Viola Bassett, 93, Kokomo, passed away at 5:54 p.m. Wednesday, July 23 2014, at Community Hospital North, Indianapolis. Arrangements are pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home.
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- More Obituaries Headlines