Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
Thelma ‘Jean’ Tusing, 74, of Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, May 18, 2013, at 11:35 p.m. at her home.
She was born on Oct. 26, 1938, to Harlan V. and Maude A. (Fraizer) Bowers in Luttrell, Tenn.
Jean attended Russiaville High School and worked for Delco Electronics for 29 years, retiring in 1988. She was a member of the United Auto Workers Local 292 and loved to sew, read, and crochet.
Survivors include her children, Mark W. McQuinn, Connie G. (Pete) Alonzo, Kent H. McQuinn, Lisa A. (Dave) Willis; three brothers, Colin (Judy) Bowers, Dan (Becky) Bowers, Ron (Cindy) Bowers; one sister, Frances Kidwell; 13 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, Harlan Bowers; and two sisters, Helen Wolf, Barbara Tipton.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Stout & Son Funeral Home 200 E. Main St. Russiaville with Pastor Charlie Riley officiating. Burial will follow at Sunset Memory Gardens.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the funeral home.
The family wishes to thank Guardian Angel Hospice for all their care and love. In lieu of flowers, donations may be given to Parkinson Awareness Foundation.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to Stout & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
- Minardean Graham Minardean Graham, 86, Greentown, passed away at 5:34 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. Minardean was born in Greentown Sept. 10, 1927, to the late Sherwood and Zola Foland (Lee).She retired in 1984 from Delco
- Funeral services, Aug. 2, 2014 Cobb, Beverly Giles, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Crawford, Deena Lou, a funeral service is 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St.Kelly, Constance “Connie” Jean, services are 1 p.m.
- Glen E. Hunter Glen E. Hunter, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 5, 1930, in Chili, Indiana, to the late Eldo and Hazel Belle (Bouse) Hunter. On Jan. 17, 1948, he married Martha (Somers) Hunter in Koko
- Ruth P Fletcher Ruth P Fletcher, Largo, Florida, and formerly of Kokomo, passed away at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Palm Gardens of Largo, with her family and hospice at her side.Ruth was born in Fox, Oklahoma, in 1922, and attended Oklahoma A&M University. Sh
- Martin Scott Martin “Pa” Scott, 82, Tipton, died at 4:28 p.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Jim Hunt presiding. Burial will follow in Fairview
- Linda L. Heater Linda L. Heater, 80, Indianapolis, passed away Thursday, July 31, 2014. She was born Jan. 8, 1934, in Windfall, to the late Glen Earl and Helen McDowell Cottingham.Linda was a graduate of Windfall High School. She was employed with Delco Remy, manage
- John W. Morris Sr. John W. Morris Sr., 86, Ridgefield, Connecticut, husband of the late Alberta (Languell) Morris, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Danbury Hospital. Mr. Morris was born in Warsaw, Indiana, June 26, 1928, son of the Rev. Thurman B. and Mary (Hollingswo
- Funeral listings, Aug. 1, 2014 Young, James E., services are 11 a.m. today at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, Indiana.Bitner, Max V., services are 11 a.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton.Rayl, Marjorie A., services are noon today at Eller
- John Arthur Reuter Sr. John Arthur Reuter Sr., 68, Old Hickory, Tennessee, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014. He is survived by his wife, Diana Reuter; son, John Arthur Reuter Jr. (Angela); daughter, Sandy Walley (Doug); four grandchildren, three great-grandchildren; sister, Jea
- Glen E. Hunter Glen E. Hunter, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at his residence. The funeral service will be at noon Monday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., Kokomo, with Pastor Jeff Russell officiating. Burial
- More Obituaries Headlines