Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
Thelma ‘Jean’ Tusing, 74, of Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, May 18, 2013, at 11:35 p.m. at her home.
She was born on Oct. 26, 1938, to Harlan V. and Maude A. (Fraizer) Bowers in Luttrell, Tenn.
Jean attended Russiaville High School and worked for Delco Electronics for 29 years, retiring in 1988. She was a member of the United Auto Workers Local 292 and loved to sew, read, and crochet.
Survivors include her children, Mark W. McQuinn, Connie G. (Pete) Alonzo, Kent H. McQuinn, Lisa A. (Dave) Willis; three brothers, Colin (Judy) Bowers, Dan (Becky) Bowers, Ron (Cindy) Bowers; one sister, Frances Kidwell; 13 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, Harlan Bowers; and two sisters, Helen Wolf, Barbara Tipton.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Stout & Son Funeral Home 200 E. Main St. Russiaville with Pastor Charlie Riley officiating. Burial will follow at Sunset Memory Gardens.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the funeral home.
The family wishes to thank Guardian Angel Hospice for all their care and love. In lieu of flowers, donations may be given to Parkinson Awareness Foundation.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to Stout & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
- Martha S. Benjamin Martha S. Benjamin, 77, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at her daughter's home in Kokomo after a courageous three-and-a-half year battle with brain cancer. She was born Nov. 24, 1936, in Anderson, to Mildred and Cecil Skaggs, and reside
- Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger Paulette E. (Ingbretson) Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, in her home. She was born Sept. 16, 1951, in Chicago, to the late Paul and Matilda (Stellrecht) Ingbretson. Paulette graduated from Tremper High Schoo
- Thomas Anthony Ewing Thomas Anthony Ewing, 60, Kokomo, passed away at 2:40 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born Oct. 11, 1953, in Kokomo, to Marianna Ewing. On Aug. 18, 1990, Thomas married Joyce Quillen, and she survives. Thomas was a truck dri
- Roosevelt 'Bo' Swygert Jr. Roosevelt "Bo" Swygert Jr., 76, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013. He was born March 12, 1937, in Pickens, Ark., the son of Roosevelt Swygert Sr. and Fannie L. McGee Swygert. He was employed by Chrysler LLC as a machine operator. He was a me
- Mary F. Edwards Mary F. Edwards, 77, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at North Woods Village Healthcare in Kokomo. She was born March 3, 1936, in Marion, to Orville Wayne and Estella Maxine (Eicher) Parson. On July 8, 1956, she married John R. Edwards Sr.
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Dorothy was born Nov. 14, 1923, in Frankfort, to the late Ward and Mary Etta Dreyer. Her marriage to Donald W. Warnock, who preceded her in death,
- Funerals Curella, Al S., services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Pierce, Jacqueline "Jackie," services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout and Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Laughner, Gary L., s
- Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison Margaret L. "Marge" Harrison, 97, Kokomo, died at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Margaret L. 'Marge' Harrison
- Leroy Young Leroy Young, 82, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at his residence. Arrangements are pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Leroy Young
- Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine Richard Walter "Dick" Rhine, 78, Kokomo, died Tuesday morning, Dec. 10, 2013, at his home. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Richard Walter 'Dick' Rhine
- More Obituaries Headlines