Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
Thelma ‘Jean’ Tusing, 74, of Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, May 18, 2013, at 11:35 p.m. at her home.
She was born on Oct. 26, 1938, to Harlan V. and Maude A. (Fraizer) Bowers in Luttrell, Tenn.
Jean attended Russiaville High School and worked for Delco Electronics for 29 years, retiring in 1988. She was a member of the United Auto Workers Local 292 and loved to sew, read, and crochet.
Survivors include her children, Mark W. McQuinn, Connie G. (Pete) Alonzo, Kent H. McQuinn, Lisa A. (Dave) Willis; three brothers, Colin (Judy) Bowers, Dan (Becky) Bowers, Ron (Cindy) Bowers; one sister, Frances Kidwell; 13 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, Harlan Bowers; and two sisters, Helen Wolf, Barbara Tipton.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Stout & Son Funeral Home 200 E. Main St. Russiaville with Pastor Charlie Riley officiating. Burial will follow at Sunset Memory Gardens.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the funeral home.
The family wishes to thank Guardian Angel Hospice for all their care and love. In lieu of flowers, donations may be given to Parkinson Awareness Foundation.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to Stout & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences may be left at www.stoutandson.com.
Oct. 26, 1938 – May 18, 2013
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines