April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
Betty Lou (McGuire) Davis, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 1:48 p.m. Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born April 12, 1928, in Kokomo, to the late William and Jeanette (Bennett) McGuire. On Aug. 31, 1946, she married the love of her life, Walter Davis Jr., and they were happily married until his passing on Dec. 26, 1993.
Betty graduated from Kokomo High School before starting her employment at Haynes Stellite in Kokomo. She worked there as a machinist for 30 years, retiring in 1981, and was one of the first women to work in the machine shop. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene, United Steelworkers of America, and Quarter Century Club. Her greatest joy in life was spending time with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren. She was loving and kind to everyone. She also loved bowling and playing bingo.
Betty is survived by her daughter, June Avila; her grandchildren, Lynn and Brian Smith, Missy Harris, Larry and Eva Crull, Jayme and Sarah Whitaker, and Roland Avila; great-grandchildren, Brandon and fiancé Carrie, Matt, Adam, Ryan, Lindsay, Jordan, David, Shelby, Elizabeth, Cameron and Bella; great-grandchildren, Brandon, Tavien, BraLin, Kimoni, Kaitlynnm Hailey, Nathan, Brayden and Ryan; her sister, Wanda Fivecoate; brother, Paul and Judy McGuire; brother and sisters-in-law, Lester Davis, Linda Phipps Mugg, Edith Pike; and many nieces and nephews.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Billy, grandsons Thomas and Anthony, and sister-in-law Mary Helen Wright.
There will be a graveside service for Betty at 11 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, 1103 E. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901, with Pastor David Leeder officiating. Betty’s friends and family are welcome to join for a time of visitation from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. You are invited to read Betty’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message, or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., assisted the family with arrangements.
April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines