April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
Betty Lou (McGuire) Davis, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 1:48 p.m. Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born April 12, 1928, in Kokomo, to the late William and Jeanette (Bennett) McGuire. On Aug. 31, 1946, she married the love of her life, Walter Davis Jr., and they were happily married until his passing on Dec. 26, 1993.
Betty graduated from Kokomo High School before starting her employment at Haynes Stellite in Kokomo. She worked there as a machinist for 30 years, retiring in 1981, and was one of the first women to work in the machine shop. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene, United Steelworkers of America, and Quarter Century Club. Her greatest joy in life was spending time with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren. She was loving and kind to everyone. She also loved bowling and playing bingo.
Betty is survived by her daughter, June Avila; her grandchildren, Lynn and Brian Smith, Missy Harris, Larry and Eva Crull, Jayme and Sarah Whitaker, and Roland Avila; great-grandchildren, Brandon and fiancé Carrie, Matt, Adam, Ryan, Lindsay, Jordan, David, Shelby, Elizabeth, Cameron and Bella; great-grandchildren, Brandon, Tavien, BraLin, Kimoni, Kaitlynnm Hailey, Nathan, Brayden and Ryan; her sister, Wanda Fivecoate; brother, Paul and Judy McGuire; brother and sisters-in-law, Lester Davis, Linda Phipps Mugg, Edith Pike; and many nieces and nephews.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Billy, grandsons Thomas and Anthony, and sister-in-law Mary Helen Wright.
There will be a graveside service for Betty at 11 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, 1103 E. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901, with Pastor David Leeder officiating. Betty’s friends and family are welcome to join for a time of visitation from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. You are invited to read Betty’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message, or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., assisted the family with arrangements.
April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
- Julie K. (Robinson) Groves Julie was an exceptional mother and homemaker who loved family more than anything. She had a lot of family. Surviving includes her husband, Russell Groves, Peru; two daughters, Jamie Graber and husband Seth, Greentown, Brenda Thomas and husband Micha
- Funeral listings, March 11, 2014 Newby, Mary Louise, services are 10 a.m. today at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Townsend, Gertrude R., services are 10:30 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Price, Gary Allan, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers M
- Imogene Eaker Imogene Eaker, 66, Kokomo, died at 4:35 a.m. Monday, March 9, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, Kokomo. Burial will follow. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting wit
- Christine Spears Christine Spears, 81, Tipton, passed away Friday, March 7, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital in Tipton. Visitation is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Wednesd
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastors Doug Benham and Jefffrey Miller officiating. Burial will
- John Edwin Gingerich John Edwin Gingerich, 88, of Milford, passed away peacefully at his home at 11:25 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born Oct. 8, 1925, in Howard County, to Albert and Salome (Troyer) Gingerich. He married Mary Ellen Schlabach in LaGrange on Feb. 28,
- Stanley Jesse Baldwin Stanley Jesse Baldwin, 77, Clovis, N.M., died Monday, March 3, 2014, at his home in Clovis. Memorial services were March 8, 2014, at Faith Christian Family Church, with Pastor David Swann officiating. Stanley was born Dec. 20, 1936, to Weldy C. and E
- Scott Anthony Granson Scott Anthony Granson, 51, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born July 14, 1962, in Kokomo, to Richard "Dick" P. Granson and Olympia "Jo" A. (Stefan) Granson. He graduated in 1981 from Kokomo High School. He had worked fo
- Jerolyn 'Jeri' Ruth Blessing Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth Blessing, 80, Kokomo, was ushered into the presence of her Lord and Savior on Friday, March 7, 2014. She was born May 12, 1933, in Tipton Township, Cass County, to Benjamin C. and Ruth Lois (Cotterman) Couch. On March 19, 1977, sh
- J. William Crouch Long-time Colorado automobile dealer, Bill Crouch of Cherry Hills Village and formerly of Tipton, passed away Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014, in La Quinta, Calif., where he spent the winter months. Graveside services will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Fairvie
- More Obituaries Headlines