April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
Betty Lou (McGuire) Davis, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 1:48 p.m. Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born April 12, 1928, in Kokomo, to the late William and Jeanette (Bennett) McGuire. On Aug. 31, 1946, she married the love of her life, Walter Davis Jr., and they were happily married until his passing on Dec. 26, 1993.
Betty graduated from Kokomo High School before starting her employment at Haynes Stellite in Kokomo. She worked there as a machinist for 30 years, retiring in 1981, and was one of the first women to work in the machine shop. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene, United Steelworkers of America, and Quarter Century Club. Her greatest joy in life was spending time with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren. She was loving and kind to everyone. She also loved bowling and playing bingo.
Betty is survived by her daughter, June Avila; her grandchildren, Lynn and Brian Smith, Missy Harris, Larry and Eva Crull, Jayme and Sarah Whitaker, and Roland Avila; great-grandchildren, Brandon and fiancé Carrie, Matt, Adam, Ryan, Lindsay, Jordan, David, Shelby, Elizabeth, Cameron and Bella; great-grandchildren, Brandon, Tavien, BraLin, Kimoni, Kaitlynnm Hailey, Nathan, Brayden and Ryan; her sister, Wanda Fivecoate; brother, Paul and Judy McGuire; brother and sisters-in-law, Lester Davis, Linda Phipps Mugg, Edith Pike; and many nieces and nephews.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Billy, grandsons Thomas and Anthony, and sister-in-law Mary Helen Wright.
There will be a graveside service for Betty at 11 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, 1103 E. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901, with Pastor David Leeder officiating. Betty’s friends and family are welcome to join for a time of visitation from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. You are invited to read Betty’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message, or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., assisted the family with arrangements.
April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
- Gary L. Laughner Gary L. Laughner 62, Hillisburg, passed away at 1:13 p.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at I.U. Health Arnett, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1950, in Clinton County to Raymond and Frances (Scott) Laughner. He married Jane Ziebarth on March 30, 1968, in Sh
- Funerals Vester, Jim, services are 10 a.m. today at Cornerstone Christian Church, 8930 N. Ind. 267, Brownsburg. Carrothers, Brice L., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. Brockett, Kathy, services are 2 p.m. tod
- Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr., 62, Kokomo, died at 8:04 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo, IN. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr.
- Al S. Curella Al S. Curella, 79, Kokomo, died at 12:15 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 at Waterford Place Health Campus. He was born April 1, 1934 in Cumberland, Wis., the youngest of 12 children, to Frank and Jamie (DeCammilas) Curella. On June 29 1956, in Louisville,
- Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson, 77, Kokomo, went home to be with our Lord Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013. She was born April 14, 1936, in Marion, to James and Lillian Sutton. Shirley loved her church and her family and will be dearly missed by both. She was a l
- Mary Frances Miller Mary Frances Miller, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 1:10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born March 16, 1924, in Derby, N.C., to the late Alex and Florence (Brown) Dunn. On Nov. 1, 1943, she was married to Luke Mil
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, passed away at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on Jan. 22, 1964, in Miami, Fla., to Carl and Linda Gail Justice and they both survive. Linda attended Indi
- Funeral listings, Dec. 8, 2013 Coleman, Jerry W., a memorial service is 12:30 p.m. today at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Bennett, Frederick "Fred" J., memorial services are 1 p.m. today at Sharon Baptist Church, 7012 E. 50 North, Flora. Raikes, Merlyn, services
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday als
- Gordon B. Gish Gordon Beck Gish, 87, died peacefully at his home Saturday morning, Nov. 23, 2013, after many years of battling COPD. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 26, 1926, to Dwight Vernon and Louise Beck Gish, he was raised in both Cass and Tipton countie
- More Obituaries Headlines