April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
Betty Lou (McGuire) Davis, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 1:48 p.m. Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born April 12, 1928, in Kokomo, to the late William and Jeanette (Bennett) McGuire. On Aug. 31, 1946, she married the love of her life, Walter Davis Jr., and they were happily married until his passing on Dec. 26, 1993.
Betty graduated from Kokomo High School before starting her employment at Haynes Stellite in Kokomo. She worked there as a machinist for 30 years, retiring in 1981, and was one of the first women to work in the machine shop. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene, United Steelworkers of America, and Quarter Century Club. Her greatest joy in life was spending time with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren. She was loving and kind to everyone. She also loved bowling and playing bingo.
Betty is survived by her daughter, June Avila; her grandchildren, Lynn and Brian Smith, Missy Harris, Larry and Eva Crull, Jayme and Sarah Whitaker, and Roland Avila; great-grandchildren, Brandon and fiancé Carrie, Matt, Adam, Ryan, Lindsay, Jordan, David, Shelby, Elizabeth, Cameron and Bella; great-grandchildren, Brandon, Tavien, BraLin, Kimoni, Kaitlynnm Hailey, Nathan, Brayden and Ryan; her sister, Wanda Fivecoate; brother, Paul and Judy McGuire; brother and sisters-in-law, Lester Davis, Linda Phipps Mugg, Edith Pike; and many nieces and nephews.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Billy, grandsons Thomas and Anthony, and sister-in-law Mary Helen Wright.
There will be a graveside service for Betty at 11 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, 1103 E. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901, with Pastor David Leeder officiating. Betty’s friends and family are welcome to join for a time of visitation from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. You are invited to read Betty’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message, or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., assisted the family with arrangements.
April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines