April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
Betty Lou (McGuire) Davis, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 1:48 p.m. Saturday, April 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born April 12, 1928, in Kokomo, to the late William and Jeanette (Bennett) McGuire. On Aug. 31, 1946, she married the love of her life, Walter Davis Jr., and they were happily married until his passing on Dec. 26, 1993.
Betty graduated from Kokomo High School before starting her employment at Haynes Stellite in Kokomo. She worked there as a machinist for 30 years, retiring in 1981, and was one of the first women to work in the machine shop. She was a member of First Church of the Nazarene, United Steelworkers of America, and Quarter Century Club. Her greatest joy in life was spending time with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren. She was loving and kind to everyone. She also loved bowling and playing bingo.
Betty is survived by her daughter, June Avila; her grandchildren, Lynn and Brian Smith, Missy Harris, Larry and Eva Crull, Jayme and Sarah Whitaker, and Roland Avila; great-grandchildren, Brandon and fiancé Carrie, Matt, Adam, Ryan, Lindsay, Jordan, David, Shelby, Elizabeth, Cameron and Bella; great-grandchildren, Brandon, Tavien, BraLin, Kimoni, Kaitlynnm Hailey, Nathan, Brayden and Ryan; her sister, Wanda Fivecoate; brother, Paul and Judy McGuire; brother and sisters-in-law, Lester Davis, Linda Phipps Mugg, Edith Pike; and many nieces and nephews.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents, husband, brother Billy, grandsons Thomas and Anthony, and sister-in-law Mary Helen Wright.
There will be a graveside service for Betty at 11 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, 1103 E. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901, with Pastor David Leeder officiating. Betty’s friends and family are welcome to join for a time of visitation from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. You are invited to read Betty’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message, or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., assisted the family with arrangements.
April 12, 1928 - April 6, 2013
- Beverly Giles Cobb SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beverly Giles Cobb, 80, Savannah, Georgia, passed away at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, Florida. She was born on Nov. 13, 1933, in Kokomo to the late Vivan and Margaret (Weaver
- Funerals, July 31, 2014 Richey, Emogene, services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.Bookwalter, Frances Juanita, services are 2 p.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver.Spivey, Cathy J., a celebration of life service is 7 p.m. to
- Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove, formerly from Kokomo, passed into heaven on Jan. 16, 2014, with her son, Matthew, and daughter, Leoma, at her side at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. She was 91 years old. A memorial of her life will be at 2 p.m. Saturd
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- More Obituaries Headlines