June 30, 1942 - April 6, 2013
Owen Robert Copp, Peachtree City, Ga., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, April 6, 2013, at the age of 70.
Owen was a devoted husband, father and grandfather, who loved his family and his country. He was a true patriot and a proud veteran of the United States Air Force. He was known for his dry sense of humor and would always greet you with a big smile. Owen was a man of great honesty, integrity, and had a great work ethic. He was a loyal employee of the Chrysler Corp., and retired with 30 years of service. Following his retirement, he enjoyed spending time fishing, but enjoyed nothing more than the time he spent with his grandson.
He was preceded in death by his son, Robert Lee Copp.
He is survived by his loving wife of 51 years, Bernice Ashwill Copp; sons, Joseph E. Copp and wife Jeana, Huntsville, Ala., Derald O. Copp, Senoia; grandson, Ryan Lee Copp; sister, Roseann Pierce; eight nieces and nephews; and his special four-legged friend, Daisy.
Owen was cremated and there are no services scheduled at this time.
June 30, 1942 - April 6, 2013
- Master Chief Jackie L. Keller Sr., U.S.N. Ret. Master Chief Jackie L. Keller, 78, slipped his earthly moorings, weighed anchor and set sail on his final voyage. His family and friends wish him fair winds and a following sea enroute to his last port of call. Jack was born Oct. 15, 1935, to the lat
- Funeral listings, Dec. 4, 2013 Fenimore, Roderick "Rod" L., services are at 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. Zehring, Marcella, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown. Siders, Gary "Rex," the funeral is 1 p.m. today
- Frederick 'Fred' J. Bennett Frederick "Fred" J. Bennett, 58, Flora, passed away at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born on Oct. 16, 1955, in Danville, Ill., to Floyd James and Rose (Arnold) Bennett. On April 20, 1992, Fred married
- Emma M. Amthauer Emma M. Amthauer, 88, formerly of Walton, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Woodbridge Health Care Center in Logansport. She was born June 19, 1925, in Manson (Clinton County), the daughter of Roy and Emma M. (Swope) Wilson. On June 14, 1953, in
- Merlyn 'Pat' E. Wallace Merlyn "Pat" E. Wallace, 84, Fort Myers, Fla., passed away Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 9, 1929, in Trinidad, Colo., a son of Merlyn and Mary Sandifur Wallace. Pat served his country in Korea and was honorably discharg
- John F. Yentes John F. Yentes, better known as "Johnny Y," Peru, passed to his eternal rest Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral hom
- John Richard Russell John Richard Russell, 84, Oakford, passed away at 10:34 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at his residence. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Services will follow at noon, also at th
- Jerry W. Coleman Jerry W. Coleman, 65, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, in Indianapolis. A memorial service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Indiana Funeral Care is in charge of arrangements. Jerry W. Coleman
- Monzetta J. (Moss) 'Monie' Irestone Irestone, Monzetta J. (Moss) "Monie" of Jackson, Mich., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, under the loving care of her family and the compassionate staff of Allegiance Hospice after fighting a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. She was 8
- Funeral listings, Dec. 3, 2013 Miller, Louise Hall, funeral Mass is 10 a.m. today at St. James Catholic Church, Arlington Heights, Ill. Rose, David E., services are 11 a.m. today at Kroeger Funeral Home 711 E. Market St., Logansport. Hallam, Constance "Connie", services are noon t
- More Obituaries Headlines