June 30, 1923 - April 17, 2013
E. Maxine Moulton, 89, Fort Wayne, went to her Lord Wednesday, April 17, 2013.
She was born June 30, 1923, in Miami County, the daughter of the late Kenneth and Velma Jones. She graduated in 1941 from Jefferson Township High School in Mexico. She took the train to Kingman, Ariz., with Mrs. Lawrence Moulton; she then married the love of her life in 1944, Joseph R. Moulton; he passed in 2012. They married at the Chapel at Kingman and she sent “mom” home alone.
Maxine worked civil service in reclamation as a mechanic, removing usable parts from the crashed planes. They then transferred to Las Vegas where she worked in a propeller shop. Upon War’s end they returned to Denver and then moved to Fort Wayne. She was instrumental in founding and was a charter member of the Westridge Baptist Church, which later became the Oak Park Church. She enjoyed working with the children at the church. She enjoyed camping, gardening, sewing, home maintenance, traveling and fishing.
She is survived by five nieces, seven nephews, and a cousin.
Services are at 11 a.m., Monday at Oak Park Church, 14922 Illinois Road, with calling one hour prior. Pastor Joe Osborn officiating. Calling is from 2 to 5 p.m., Sunday at the church. She will be laid to rest at Covington Memorial Gardens.
Memorial contributions can be made to the church.
Online condolescences www.covingtonmemorial.com
June 30, 1923 - April 17, 2013
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines