June 30, 1923 - April 17, 2013
E. Maxine Moulton, 89, Fort Wayne, went to her Lord Wednesday, April 17, 2013.
She was born June 30, 1923, in Miami County, the daughter of the late Kenneth and Velma Jones. She graduated in 1941 from Jefferson Township High School in Mexico. She took the train to Kingman, Ariz., with Mrs. Lawrence Moulton; she then married the love of her life in 1944, Joseph R. Moulton; he passed in 2012. They married at the Chapel at Kingman and she sent “mom” home alone.
Maxine worked civil service in reclamation as a mechanic, removing usable parts from the crashed planes. They then transferred to Las Vegas where she worked in a propeller shop. Upon War’s end they returned to Denver and then moved to Fort Wayne. She was instrumental in founding and was a charter member of the Westridge Baptist Church, which later became the Oak Park Church. She enjoyed working with the children at the church. She enjoyed camping, gardening, sewing, home maintenance, traveling and fishing.
She is survived by five nieces, seven nephews, and a cousin.
Services are at 11 a.m., Monday at Oak Park Church, 14922 Illinois Road, with calling one hour prior. Pastor Joe Osborn officiating. Calling is from 2 to 5 p.m., Sunday at the church. She will be laid to rest at Covington Memorial Gardens.
Memorial contributions can be made to the church.
Online condolescences www.covingtonmemorial.com
June 30, 1923 - April 17, 2013
- Dyrl L. Martin Dyrl L. Martin, 74, a local gospel singer and barber, passed away Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to the late Luke J. and Helene Marybeth (Denny) Martin on Dec. 29, 1938, at the Adams County Hospital, Decatur. Dyrl graduate
- Tony William Bolinger Tony William Bolinger, 56, Kokomo, died at 11:10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 15, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born March 18, 1957, in Logansport to Abraham and Mary B. (Viney) Bolinger. He was married March 5, 1983, in Logansport to Rebecca Bolinger, a
- Ingeburg A. Spinner Ingeburg A. Spinner, 77, passed away at 8:15 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave., with Pastor Josh Bishop officiating. Burial
- Shirley Jean Kilgore Shirley Jean Kilgore, 74, Kokomo, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. A memorial visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. The memorial service will fo
- Hank G. Williamson Hank G. Williamson, 40, Kokomo, passed away at 1:08 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at his home. He was born on Dec. 12, 1973, in Pikeville, Ky., to Garlon and Barbara (Chapman) Williamson. On Dec. 7, 1999, he married Bridget Woolever, who survives. Ha
- Earl James Woodroof Earl James Woodroof, 86, Largo, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, passed away at 3:51 a.m. Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, in Pinellas Park, Fla. He was born Feb. 1, 1927, to Charles and Hazel (Rosenheimer) Woodroof. He graduated from Ervin Township High School in 19
- Funerals Harris, Harold B., services are 11 a.m. today at First Baptist Church, Galveston. Gerbig, Roger Earl, services are 1 p.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Road. Warnock, Hurschel C., services are 1:30 p.m. today at Ellers Mor
- Arlene C. Werking Arlene Caroline Werking, 88, passed away Dec. 13, 2013, at Primrose Retirement Community after a lengthy struggle with cancer. Heaven welcomed a new angel on that day. Her sweet smile and gentle way will be missed by all who knew her. She accepted he
Funeral listings, Dec. 17, 2013
Williams, Wavalyn Jean, services are 6 p.m. today at South Side Christian Church, 201 E. Markland Ave.
- Shirley Jean Kilgore Shirley Jean Kilgore, 74, Kokomo, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Shirley Jean Kilgore
- More Obituaries Headlines