June 30, 1929 - April 18, 2013
Mary Jo Gordon, 83, of Waterford Place Health Campus, Kokomo, went to be with our Lord on April 18, 2013.
She was born June 30, 1929, at the home of a relative in Cass County, the youngest child and only daughter of Earl Ray and Bernice Pearl (McKinney) McKnight. Mary Jo grew up in Galveston and graduated from Galveston High School. She later studied at Indiana University of Kokomo at the Seiberling Mansion campus.
She worked at Stellite (now Haynes) and Delco Radio (now GMCH), where she met her future husband. On July 7, 1950, she married Lewis Chester (Chet) Gordon, who preceded her in death on April 21, 2003.
Mary Jo left Delco to become a full-time wife and stay-at-home mother, where she devoted herself to her family, her home, her flower beds, and her artistic pursuits. A self-taught artist, Mary Jo produced many watercolors, pen-and-ink sketches, and crafts of all kinds, finally specializing in needlework and fabric arts. She made award-winning quilts, clothing and decorative items for friends and family, as well as many commissioned works, and projects sold
at several bazaars.
She is survived by her son, Stephen L. Gordon and his wife, Theresa, of Kokomo; her daughter, Janice D. Fant and her husband Kevin, Indianapolis; granddaughter and grandson-in-law, Holly and Joe Barszcz, Brownsburg; step-grandsons Joel, Barry and Nick Fant, Indianapolis; great-grandson, Carter Barszcz, Brownsburg; and step great-grandson, Noah Fant, Indianapolis. Several nieces and nephew also survive.
Mary Jo was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and her three brothers, Ernest, Herbert (Buck), and James McKnight.
Funeral services will be held at the Murray Weaver Funeral Home in Galveston, 401 S. California St., on Monday at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Roy E. Ice officiating. Burial will follow at Galveston Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Galveston United Methodist Church, 515 S. Maple St. Galveston, IN 46932, or the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Indiana Chapter, 50 E. 91st St., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com
June 30, 1929 - April 18, 2013
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines