March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
Jeffery Darine Duke, 41, Kokomo, passed away peacefully at 4:12 a.m. Saturday morning, Feb. 13, 2010, at Clarion Arnett Hospital in Lafayette, with his friends and family by his side, after a courageous battle with renal failure. He was born March 22, 1968, in Kokomo.
Jeff worked as a contractor for many years of his life. He loved race car driving, motorcycling, fishing, boating, camping and all sports. He coached many baseball teams and was a great mentor to many kids. He loved listening to his music — “rocking out” as he would say — and doing jigsaw puzzles in last times at home. Jeff was beloved by so many people within his family, friends and community and touched so many lives in such special ways.
Survivors include his mother, Angelina Neuhauser, stepfather Richard Neuhauser, Kokomo; his father, Robert (Velma) Duke, Florida; children Michael Duke Causey, Kokomo, Crystal Duke, Frankfort, and Jeffery Duke, Kokomo; brother Dan (Janie) Duke; sisters Debbie Watkins and Tammy (Jeff) Bender, all of Kokomo; stepsisters Denise (Charles) Brabham, Georgia, and Merica (Danny) Carol, Florida; a host of nephews and nieces, Daniel Duke Jr., Vincent Duke, Robert Duke, Rico Duke, Brock Duke, Damion Reed II and Victoria Watkins; and great nephews and niece Kayden Duke, Myla Duke, Gaige Duke. He also had a companion and her children who he helped raise, Jackie Rainwater, Heather (Eric) Huey, Brook Hite, Samanthia Hite, and grandchildren Jaylen and Juan Herrera. He also mentored many young men in his life, many friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandmother Mary Gonzales.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Jesse Gonzales; great uncle, Julian Gonzales; uncle, Steven Gonzales; and cousins, Elaine McClish and Nathan Gonzales.
A celebration of his life will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Visitation is from 1 to 5 p.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Brad Swain. You are invited to read Jeffery’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel assisted the family with arrangements.
March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- Donald E. Newman Donald E. Newman, 78, died at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Sharon Walk
- Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal, 67, Kokomo, died at 2:40 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, in her home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel with a full obituary to follow. Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, died Friday April 19, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. David A. Emberton
- More Obituaries Headlines