March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
Jeffery Darine Duke, 41, Kokomo, passed away peacefully at 4:12 a.m. Saturday morning, Feb. 13, 2010, at Clarion Arnett Hospital in Lafayette, with his friends and family by his side, after a courageous battle with renal failure. He was born March 22, 1968, in Kokomo.
Jeff worked as a contractor for many years of his life. He loved race car driving, motorcycling, fishing, boating, camping and all sports. He coached many baseball teams and was a great mentor to many kids. He loved listening to his music — “rocking out” as he would say — and doing jigsaw puzzles in last times at home. Jeff was beloved by so many people within his family, friends and community and touched so many lives in such special ways.
Survivors include his mother, Angelina Neuhauser, stepfather Richard Neuhauser, Kokomo; his father, Robert (Velma) Duke, Florida; children Michael Duke Causey, Kokomo, Crystal Duke, Frankfort, and Jeffery Duke, Kokomo; brother Dan (Janie) Duke; sisters Debbie Watkins and Tammy (Jeff) Bender, all of Kokomo; stepsisters Denise (Charles) Brabham, Georgia, and Merica (Danny) Carol, Florida; a host of nephews and nieces, Daniel Duke Jr., Vincent Duke, Robert Duke, Rico Duke, Brock Duke, Damion Reed II and Victoria Watkins; and great nephews and niece Kayden Duke, Myla Duke, Gaige Duke. He also had a companion and her children who he helped raise, Jackie Rainwater, Heather (Eric) Huey, Brook Hite, Samanthia Hite, and grandchildren Jaylen and Juan Herrera. He also mentored many young men in his life, many friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandmother Mary Gonzales.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Jesse Gonzales; great uncle, Julian Gonzales; uncle, Steven Gonzales; and cousins, Elaine McClish and Nathan Gonzales.
A celebration of his life will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Visitation is from 1 to 5 p.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Brad Swain. You are invited to read Jeffery’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel assisted the family with arrangements.
March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- More Obituaries Headlines