March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
Jeffery Darine Duke, 41, Kokomo, passed away peacefully at 4:12 a.m. Saturday morning, Feb. 13, 2010, at Clarion Arnett Hospital in Lafayette, with his friends and family by his side, after a courageous battle with renal failure. He was born March 22, 1968, in Kokomo.
Jeff worked as a contractor for many years of his life. He loved race car driving, motorcycling, fishing, boating, camping and all sports. He coached many baseball teams and was a great mentor to many kids. He loved listening to his music — “rocking out” as he would say — and doing jigsaw puzzles in last times at home. Jeff was beloved by so many people within his family, friends and community and touched so many lives in such special ways.
Survivors include his mother, Angelina Neuhauser, stepfather Richard Neuhauser, Kokomo; his father, Robert (Velma) Duke, Florida; children Michael Duke Causey, Kokomo, Crystal Duke, Frankfort, and Jeffery Duke, Kokomo; brother Dan (Janie) Duke; sisters Debbie Watkins and Tammy (Jeff) Bender, all of Kokomo; stepsisters Denise (Charles) Brabham, Georgia, and Merica (Danny) Carol, Florida; a host of nephews and nieces, Daniel Duke Jr., Vincent Duke, Robert Duke, Rico Duke, Brock Duke, Damion Reed II and Victoria Watkins; and great nephews and niece Kayden Duke, Myla Duke, Gaige Duke. He also had a companion and her children who he helped raise, Jackie Rainwater, Heather (Eric) Huey, Brook Hite, Samanthia Hite, and grandchildren Jaylen and Juan Herrera. He also mentored many young men in his life, many friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandmother Mary Gonzales.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Jesse Gonzales; great uncle, Julian Gonzales; uncle, Steven Gonzales; and cousins, Elaine McClish and Nathan Gonzales.
A celebration of his life will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Visitation is from 1 to 5 p.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Brad Swain. You are invited to read Jeffery’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel assisted the family with arrangements.
March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines