March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
Jeffery Darine Duke, 41, Kokomo, passed away peacefully at 4:12 a.m. Saturday morning, Feb. 13, 2010, at Clarion Arnett Hospital in Lafayette, with his friends and family by his side, after a courageous battle with renal failure. He was born March 22, 1968, in Kokomo.
Jeff worked as a contractor for many years of his life. He loved race car driving, motorcycling, fishing, boating, camping and all sports. He coached many baseball teams and was a great mentor to many kids. He loved listening to his music — “rocking out” as he would say — and doing jigsaw puzzles in last times at home. Jeff was beloved by so many people within his family, friends and community and touched so many lives in such special ways.
Survivors include his mother, Angelina Neuhauser, stepfather Richard Neuhauser, Kokomo; his father, Robert (Velma) Duke, Florida; children Michael Duke Causey, Kokomo, Crystal Duke, Frankfort, and Jeffery Duke, Kokomo; brother Dan (Janie) Duke; sisters Debbie Watkins and Tammy (Jeff) Bender, all of Kokomo; stepsisters Denise (Charles) Brabham, Georgia, and Merica (Danny) Carol, Florida; a host of nephews and nieces, Daniel Duke Jr., Vincent Duke, Robert Duke, Rico Duke, Brock Duke, Damion Reed II and Victoria Watkins; and great nephews and niece Kayden Duke, Myla Duke, Gaige Duke. He also had a companion and her children who he helped raise, Jackie Rainwater, Heather (Eric) Huey, Brook Hite, Samanthia Hite, and grandchildren Jaylen and Juan Herrera. He also mentored many young men in his life, many friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandmother Mary Gonzales.
He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Jesse Gonzales; great uncle, Julian Gonzales; uncle, Steven Gonzales; and cousins, Elaine McClish and Nathan Gonzales.
A celebration of his life will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Visitation is from 1 to 5 p.m. Services will be officiated by Pastor Brad Swain. You are invited to read Jeffery’s obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you may sign the guest book, share a personal message or order flowers for the family. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel assisted the family with arrangements.
March 22, 1968—Feb. 13, 2010
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines