Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
Jim Gasho, 77, Tipton, died at 3:35 a.m. Friday, May 3, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. He was born on Feb. 24, 1936, in Tipton County to Raymond G. and Mildred (Thompson) Gasho. On March 27, 1957, he married Sherry J. Hinds, and she preceded him in death on Oct. 16, 1999.
Jim had retired from Delco-Remy in Anderson. He was a 1954 graduate of Jackson Central High School and a member of the Atlanta Christian Church. He belonged to Austin Masonic Lodge and Murat Shrine. Jim had served on the board of directors of Mid-America Threshing & Antique Show, the Tipton County 4-H Fair board and the Indiana National Guard.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Gasho and wife Beverly, and Randy Gasho and friend Ann LeMasters, all of Atlanta; four grandchildren, Jon Gasho and wife Deanna, Joey Gasho and friend Elspeth Hoover, Amanda Moonyhan and husband Evan, and James Gasho; and one great-grandson.
A memorial service for Jim will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, beginning with a Masonic service, at Atlanta Christian Church, with the Rev. Jody Brown presiding, followed by a period of fellowship at the church. Young-Nichols Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Memorial contributions in Jim’s honor may be made to the Austin Masonic Lodge, 122 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072 to help with their many charities.
Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital in Noblesville. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. Lula M. Davis
- John T. 'Dutch' Harner John T. "Dutch" Harner, 94, Bradenton, Fla., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in Bradenton. He was born Aug. 20, 1919, in Shoals, to Frank and Susie M. (Brown) Harner. He served in the United States Army Air Corps during Wo
- Robert 'Bob' E. Huffer Sr. Robert "Bob" E. Huffer Sr., 63, Sharpsville, passed away at 10:55 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital, Tipton. He was born Dec. 1, 1950, in Kokomo, to the late Ralph and Polly (Calhoun) Huffer. Bob graduated fr
- Funerals Babb, A. Pauline, services are 10:30 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Lucas, James "Jim" E. Sr., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Collins, Lucille I., services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mo
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St., with Dr. Mark Hill officiating along with
- Katherine S. 'Kitty' Wright Bauer Katherine S. "Kitty" Wright Bauer, 61, Speedway, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014. She was born June 10, 1952, in Kokomo, to the late Gordon and Lois Jean (Gross) Wright Jr. Kitty was a graduate of Northwestern High School and Indiana University. K
- Lois J. Augustine Lois J. Augustine, 77, Kokomo, died at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 16, 1936, in Kokomo, the daughter of Raymond Reed and Dorothy M. (Lynas) McClelland. On Aug. 10, 1957, in Kokomo, she married Coleman M. Augustine
- Mary Bonnie Ailor Mary Bonnie Ailor, 95, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 1, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 10, 1918, in Andersonville, Tenn., to Peter and Malinda (Ford) Melton. On Nov. 27, 1936, she married Milton Ailor, and he preceded her in death Sept. 2
- More Obituaries Headlines