Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
Jim Gasho, 77, Tipton, died at 3:35 a.m. Friday, May 3, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. He was born on Feb. 24, 1936, in Tipton County to Raymond G. and Mildred (Thompson) Gasho. On March 27, 1957, he married Sherry J. Hinds, and she preceded him in death on Oct. 16, 1999.
Jim had retired from Delco-Remy in Anderson. He was a 1954 graduate of Jackson Central High School and a member of the Atlanta Christian Church. He belonged to Austin Masonic Lodge and Murat Shrine. Jim had served on the board of directors of Mid-America Threshing & Antique Show, the Tipton County 4-H Fair board and the Indiana National Guard.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Gasho and wife Beverly, and Randy Gasho and friend Ann LeMasters, all of Atlanta; four grandchildren, Jon Gasho and wife Deanna, Joey Gasho and friend Elspeth Hoover, Amanda Moonyhan and husband Evan, and James Gasho; and one great-grandson.
A memorial service for Jim will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, beginning with a Masonic service, at Atlanta Christian Church, with the Rev. Jody Brown presiding, followed by a period of fellowship at the church. Young-Nichols Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Memorial contributions in Jim’s honor may be made to the Austin Masonic Lodge, 122 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072 to help with their many charities.
Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- Funerals Nickels, Ronald J. "Nick," services are 10:30 a.m. today Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Foard, Sister Georgia F., a memorial service is 11 a.m. today in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCan
- William 'Willie' Washam William "Willie" Washam, 84, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Arrangements are pending at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. William 'Willie' Washam
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- More Obituaries Headlines