Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
Jim Gasho, 77, Tipton, died at 3:35 a.m. Friday, May 3, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. He was born on Feb. 24, 1936, in Tipton County to Raymond G. and Mildred (Thompson) Gasho. On March 27, 1957, he married Sherry J. Hinds, and she preceded him in death on Oct. 16, 1999.
Jim had retired from Delco-Remy in Anderson. He was a 1954 graduate of Jackson Central High School and a member of the Atlanta Christian Church. He belonged to Austin Masonic Lodge and Murat Shrine. Jim had served on the board of directors of Mid-America Threshing & Antique Show, the Tipton County 4-H Fair board and the Indiana National Guard.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Gasho and wife Beverly, and Randy Gasho and friend Ann LeMasters, all of Atlanta; four grandchildren, Jon Gasho and wife Deanna, Joey Gasho and friend Elspeth Hoover, Amanda Moonyhan and husband Evan, and James Gasho; and one great-grandson.
A memorial service for Jim will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, beginning with a Masonic service, at Atlanta Christian Church, with the Rev. Jody Brown presiding, followed by a period of fellowship at the church. Young-Nichols Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Memorial contributions in Jim’s honor may be made to the Austin Masonic Lodge, 122 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072 to help with their many charities.
Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- Donald E. Newman Donald E. Newman, 78, died at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Sharon Walk
- Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal, 67, Kokomo, died at 2:40 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, in her home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel with a full obituary to follow. Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, died Friday April 19, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. David A. Emberton
- More Obituaries Headlines