Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
Jim Gasho, 77, Tipton, died at 3:35 a.m. Friday, May 3, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. He was born on Feb. 24, 1936, in Tipton County to Raymond G. and Mildred (Thompson) Gasho. On March 27, 1957, he married Sherry J. Hinds, and she preceded him in death on Oct. 16, 1999.
Jim had retired from Delco-Remy in Anderson. He was a 1954 graduate of Jackson Central High School and a member of the Atlanta Christian Church. He belonged to Austin Masonic Lodge and Murat Shrine. Jim had served on the board of directors of Mid-America Threshing & Antique Show, the Tipton County 4-H Fair board and the Indiana National Guard.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Gasho and wife Beverly, and Randy Gasho and friend Ann LeMasters, all of Atlanta; four grandchildren, Jon Gasho and wife Deanna, Joey Gasho and friend Elspeth Hoover, Amanda Moonyhan and husband Evan, and James Gasho; and one great-grandson.
A memorial service for Jim will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, beginning with a Masonic service, at Atlanta Christian Church, with the Rev. Jody Brown presiding, followed by a period of fellowship at the church. Young-Nichols Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Memorial contributions in Jim’s honor may be made to the Austin Masonic Lodge, 122 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072 to help with their many charities.
Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines