Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
Jim Gasho, 77, Tipton, died at 3:35 a.m. Friday, May 3, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. He was born on Feb. 24, 1936, in Tipton County to Raymond G. and Mildred (Thompson) Gasho. On March 27, 1957, he married Sherry J. Hinds, and she preceded him in death on Oct. 16, 1999.
Jim had retired from Delco-Remy in Anderson. He was a 1954 graduate of Jackson Central High School and a member of the Atlanta Christian Church. He belonged to Austin Masonic Lodge and Murat Shrine. Jim had served on the board of directors of Mid-America Threshing & Antique Show, the Tipton County 4-H Fair board and the Indiana National Guard.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff Gasho and wife Beverly, and Randy Gasho and friend Ann LeMasters, all of Atlanta; four grandchildren, Jon Gasho and wife Deanna, Joey Gasho and friend Elspeth Hoover, Amanda Moonyhan and husband Evan, and James Gasho; and one great-grandson.
A memorial service for Jim will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, beginning with a Masonic service, at Atlanta Christian Church, with the Rev. Jody Brown presiding, followed by a period of fellowship at the church. Young-Nichols Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Memorial contributions in Jim’s honor may be made to the Austin Masonic Lodge, 122 N. Main Street, Tipton, IN 46072 to help with their many charities.
Feb. 24, 1936 - May 3, 2013
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines