April 3, 1927 - May 10, 2013
Mrs. Maylene Learue Weeks, 86, Winfield, Ala., passed away Friday, May 10, 2013, in the Ridgeview Health Care Center in Jasper, Ala. Mrs. Weeks was born on April 3, 1927, in New Madrid, Mo., a daughter of John B. and Annie Garner Learue.
She was a resident of Kokomo prior to moving to Winfield in 1985; was a member of Fairview Missionary Baptist Church in Kokomo, where she also was in WMU; attended New Hope Baptist Church in Winfield; and was the widow of Charlie Ray Weeks, who died April 25, 1997.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by one sister, Ann Meyers, and four brothers, Herbert, Herman, Onis and Jim Learue.
Survivors include one son, Jim Weeks and his wife, Cheri, Kokomo; one daughter, Jarita Carter and her husband, Eddie, Winfield; four grandchildren, Brian Scott Weeks and his wife, Christine, Tricia Marie Weeks Cutshaw, Tiffany Nesmith and her husband, Kevin, and Dustin Carter and his wife, Nicole; four great-grandchildren, Brianne, Kylie and Jake Weeks and Max Carter; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Funeral services are at 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, 2013, from the McGraw Memorial Chapel of Miles Funeral Home. Dr. Charles Ballew and Max Goodson officiated. Active pallbearers were Dustin Carter, Brian Weeks, Kevin Nesmith, Mike Weeks, Shane Duckworth and Fred W. Weeks. Burial followed in Winfield City Cemetery with Miles Funeral Home of Winfield directing.
April 3, 1927 - May 10, 2013
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines