April 3, 1927 - May 10, 2013
Mrs. Maylene Learue Weeks, 86, Winfield, Ala., passed away Friday, May 10, 2013, in the Ridgeview Health Care Center in Jasper, Ala. Mrs. Weeks was born on April 3, 1927, in New Madrid, Mo., a daughter of John B. and Annie Garner Learue.
She was a resident of Kokomo prior to moving to Winfield in 1985; was a member of Fairview Missionary Baptist Church in Kokomo, where she also was in WMU; attended New Hope Baptist Church in Winfield; and was the widow of Charlie Ray Weeks, who died April 25, 1997.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by one sister, Ann Meyers, and four brothers, Herbert, Herman, Onis and Jim Learue.
Survivors include one son, Jim Weeks and his wife, Cheri, Kokomo; one daughter, Jarita Carter and her husband, Eddie, Winfield; four grandchildren, Brian Scott Weeks and his wife, Christine, Tricia Marie Weeks Cutshaw, Tiffany Nesmith and her husband, Kevin, and Dustin Carter and his wife, Nicole; four great-grandchildren, Brianne, Kylie and Jake Weeks and Max Carter; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Funeral services are at 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, 2013, from the McGraw Memorial Chapel of Miles Funeral Home. Dr. Charles Ballew and Max Goodson officiated. Active pallbearers were Dustin Carter, Brian Weeks, Kevin Nesmith, Mike Weeks, Shane Duckworth and Fred W. Weeks. Burial followed in Winfield City Cemetery with Miles Funeral Home of Winfield directing.
April 3, 1927 - May 10, 2013
- Leo J. Kuchnicki Leo J. Kuchnicki, 92, Kokomo, passed away at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Northwoods Village. He was born the son of Thomas and Marv (Soltysiak) Kuchnicki on Aug. 18, 1921, in Alpena, Mich. On Jan. 18, 1944, he married Helen St. John, and she
- Funeral listings, Dec. 7, 2013 Coverdale, Edna M., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Hipes, Virgil Everett, service are 11 a.m. today at Kirby & Family Funeral Home Chapel, Mountain Home, Ark. Voris, Merle M., services are 2 p.m. tod
- John L. Osborne Jr. John Lee Osborne Jr., 70, Sebring, Fla., and formerly of Kokomo and Naples, Fla., passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Good Shepherd Hospice with the support of his family. John fought a four-year battle with lung cancer. He was born April 22, 1943,
- Arleda Z. Jones Arleda Z. Jones, 72, Windfall, died at 3:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Windfall Christian Church, with the Rev. Carl Roudebush presiding. Burial will follow in Brookside Ce
- SFC Jim Vester SFC Jim Vester, 32, Lizton, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013. He was born Aug. 25, 1981, in Muncie, the son of Walter and Janice (Bir) Vester. He married Jamie (Green) Vester June 11, 2005, in Kokomo. He and Jamie welcomed their son, Gavin Lee Ves
- Robert E. Trapp Robert E. Trapp, 81, died at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W Main St., Peru. Friends may call from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at t
- Kathy Brockett Kathy Brockett, 66, Bloomington and formerly of Tipton and Kokomo, died at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born Oct. 25, 1947, in Elwood, to Richard and Wilna (Hunter) Warfel. Kathy was a 1965 graduate of
- Wilma Cochran Wilma Cochran, 50, formerly of Peru, passed away at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at the University Medical Center, Jackson, Miss. Funeral arrangements are pending at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home. Wilma Cochran
- Brice L. Carrothers Brice L. Carrothers, 83, Peru, passed away at 8:15 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his residence. A service celebrating the life of Brice L. Carrothers will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with Pastor
- Donald Smith Donald Smith, 76, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Sycamore Village. Services are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Donald Smith
- More Obituaries Headlines