April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Betty Jane Bagwell Betty Jane Bagwell, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 12:33 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her daughter's home surrounded by her loving family. She was the last of four siblings for the late Fred and Mary Sacks (Blockson). Betty graduated from Kokomo High
- Funeral listings, Dec. 10, 2013 Jones, Arleda Z., services are 11 a.m. today at Windfall Christian Church, Windfall. Newhouse, Elsie, services are 1 p.m. today at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Miller, Mary Frances, services are 1 p.m. today at Shirley & Stout F
- Frances Ellen Rohrer Frances Ellen Rohrer, 96, Kokomo, died Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013. She was born in Camden on Aug. 19, 1917, the daughter of Tillman Howard Leslie and Bessie Belle (Calloway) Leslie. On Sept. 20, 1945, she married Ivan Rohrer who preceded her in death on Ja
- Mary Jane McCauley Mary Jane McCauley, 91, Kokomo, passed away at 6:58 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her home. She was born Oct. 21, 1922, in Howard County to the late Oren and Minnie Helms. Mary loved animals, traveling and spending time with her family. She is surv
- Linda E. Strange Linda E. Strange, 76, Kokomo, passed away at 10:52 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at St. Joseph Hospital. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Friday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., with Pastor Ken Spangler officiating. Burial will fol
- Donald LeRoy Smith Donald LeRoy Smith, 76, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Golden Living Center Sycamore Village. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Marion National Cemetery. Friends may visit from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Shirley &
- Wilma Lee Cochran Wilma Lee Cochran, 50, Sallis, Miss., and formerly of Peru, died at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at University Medical Center, Jackson, Miss. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Charles Catholic Church, 58 W. Fifth St., Per
- Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr., 62, Kokomo, passed away at 8:04 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born Feb. 10, 1951, in Kokomo, to the late Ralph E. Ashcraft Sr. and Mary Elizabeth (Zellner) Ashcraft. On March 14, 1975,
- Thomas Kent Hobbs Thomas K. Hobbs, 66, Tipton County, passed away unexpectedly at 9:45 p.m. Saturday at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home with Pastor Dave Freelan offic
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Dorothy was born Nov. 14, 1923, in Frankfort, to the late Ward and Mary Etta Dreyer. Her marriage to Donald W. Warnock, who preceded her in death,
- More Obituaries Headlines