April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Don Longworth Don Longworth, 59, Delano, Tennessee, passed away Tuesday morning, July 8, 2014. He was a native of Kokomo, and had been a resident of Tennessee since 1992. Throughout his life, he owned several successful businesses. Most recent among them was a con
- Robert 'Bob' William James Jr. Robert “Bob” William James Jr., 78, Lakeland, Florida, passed peacefully Thursday, July 3, 2014, at Good Shepherd Hospice House after a long battle with supra nuclear palsy. Bob was born in Kokomo, to Florence and Robert James Sr. He was a lifelong r
- Angelita Enriquez Villegas Angelita Enriquez Villegas, 74, Kokomo, died at 3:47 a.m. Thursday, July 10, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo.Mass of Christian burial will be 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 3155 S. 200 West, Kokomo. The Rev. Fat
- Deloris Yvonne Greathouse Deloris Yvonne Greathouse, 76, died at 3:50 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, 2014, at her home.A Mass of Christian burial will take place at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Father Michael McKinley as celebr
- Funeral listings, July 11, 2014 Casey, Dorothy W., services are 11 a.m. today at First Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 2000 W. Jefferson St. Quirk, Helen L. (Vassele), services will be at 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St.McCauley, Richard
- Karen Ann Reising Karen Ann Reising, 56, was born Dec. 5, 1957, in Indianapolis, the daughter of Marge Reising and the late Thomas Reising, Kokomo. She was called to heaven Tuesday, July 8, 2014, to join her dad and sisters, Carolyn Reising and Julie Steidle, Cincinna
- William Horace Barnett William Horace Barnett, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 9, 2014. He was born in Kokomo, on Oct. 7, 1934. He was the eldest child of Fuzzy and Pauline Barnett. On May 22, 1965 in Kokomo, he married Judith Diane (Kaufman), and she
- Russell R. Kalata Russell R. Kalata, 80, Kokomo, passed away Monday, July 7, 2014, at his home surrounded by family. He was born June 2, 1934, in Chicago, Illinois, to John and Ruth (Willett) Kalata.He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy and worked for the Chicago Railroad
- Amy Renee Bagley Amy Renee Bagley, 46, Tipton, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 6, 2014, at her home. She was born May 29, 1968, in Lebanon to Herbert Gene and Elsie Mae (Atkins) Stowers.Amy attended Tipton High School. She worked as a deputy county assessor in
- Richard Ray 'Dick' McCauley Richard Ray “Dick” McCauley, 73, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, 2014, at his home in Kokomo. He was born in Miami County, Indiana, on Jan. 9, 1941, to Earnest and Hazel (Watkins) McCauley. On March 22, 1963, he married Diana Y. (Miller) Mc
- More Obituaries Headlines