April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines