April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Janetta Dale Pearson Janetta Dale Pearson, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, in St. Joseph's Hospital, Kokomo. Born Jan. 28, 1936 in Mount Carmel, Ill, she was the daughter of "Dude" and Mary Moore Dudley. She was marri
- Funerals, March 10, 2014 Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St. Harner, John T. "Dutch," servic
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- More Obituaries Headlines