April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines