April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
Robert Charles “Chuck” Bucheri, 65, Kokomo, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home.
He was born April 13, 1948, in Mesa, Ariz., and passed away in Kokomo following a two-year-long fight with cancer. In his last days, he was surrounded by loved ones and passed peacefully in his sleep in the presence of his wife of 43 years, Illuminada.
Chuck was the son of Harley Mitchell of Windfall and Bertie Young of Oakley, Idaho. Chuck graduated from Kokomo High School in 1966. After a year at IU Kokomo, he enlisted in the Air Force where he was ultimately stationed at Clark AFB in the Philippines. There Chuck met the love of his life, Illuminada Caballes (Luming), and they were soon married.
Upon his return to Indiana, Chuck graduated from Indiana University and later became a Certified Public Accountant. A position at Geo. S. Olive launched his accounting career. Later, Chuck partnered with Brian Hufford to start their own accounting firm. That business developed over the years into the accounting firm of Bucheri, McCarty, and Metz, with Chuck as a senior partner.
Family was at the center of Chuck’s life. Together with his children and grandchildren, he celebrated holidays and milestones big and small. They took many memorable family vacations together. Also an avid sportsman, some of his favorite moments were spent on the golf course or in a fishing boat.
Chuck built solid friendships over the years in Kokomo from high school and into his adult life as a businessman and community leader. He was active in the local community and a generous benefactor to many causes. Among the many community, social and business organizations that he actively participated in were the Rotary Club, Inventrek, City Revolving Loan Board, IUK Advisory Board, St. Joan of Arc Parish, Indiana CPA Society, Community First Bank, Kokomo County Club Board, Chamber of Commerce Board and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
Chuck is survived by his wife, Illuminada Bucheri; sons, Louis (Chona) and Richard Bucheri; daughter, Sara Fichtner (Mario); sister, Carol Bucheri; grandchildren, Tyshyla Sutherin (Michael), Robert Bucheri, Christian and Roman Fichtner; great-grandchild, Gabriel; and nephew, Joseph Walsh.
Funeral services will be celebrated by Father Ted Dudzinski and Father David Hellman on Friday at 1:30 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Church, 3155 S. 200 W. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Garden Cemetery. A wake honoring the life of Chuck will be held following the burial at the Kokomo Country Club. For those wishing to pay respects, viewing will be held on Thursday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Rd., from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the church. Those wishing to share thoughts and memories of Chuck are encouraged to visit www.sunsetmemorygarden.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Community Foundation of Howard County.
April 13, 1948 – May 19, 2013
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines