March 20, 1931 – May 16, 2013
Hassie G. Hurt, 82, Kokomo passed away on Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 11:15 p.m. at Golden Living Center Sycamore Village.
She was born on March 20, 1931, in Sullivan County, Tenn., to Carl Jason Babb Sr. And Rosa (Pullem) Babb.
Hassie was a 1949 graduate of Rogersville High School. She loved to make floral arrangements, loved reading books and had a vast knowledge of the Titanic, was an avid bowler, and loved to work in her garden.
Survivors include former husband Maurice Hurt; daughters, Jennifer (Rich) Parker of Kokomo, Sheila Jones; sisters, Barbara Sizemore of Sneedville, TN, Daisy Walden of Noblesville, Molly Brignac of Gonzales, LA; brother, Carl Babb of Kokomo; grandchildren, Alanna Driver, Robert Fuller, Jacob Pebley; great-granddaughter October Driver.
She was preceded in death by her parents; son, Dennis Wayne Hurt; sisters, Ruby Williams, Lydia Conklin; brothers, Henry Babb, Landon Babb, James Babb.
Graveside services will be held on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Albright Cemetery with Rev. Paul Enoches officiating services.
Arrangements have been entrusted with Shirley & Stout Funeral Home.
March 20, 1931 – May 16, 2013
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
Helen M. Shultz
Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines