March 20, 1931 – May 16, 2013
Hassie G. Hurt, 82, Kokomo passed away on Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 11:15 p.m. at Golden Living Center Sycamore Village.
She was born on March 20, 1931, in Sullivan County, Tenn., to Carl Jason Babb Sr. And Rosa (Pullem) Babb.
Hassie was a 1949 graduate of Rogersville High School. She loved to make floral arrangements, loved reading books and had a vast knowledge of the Titanic, was an avid bowler, and loved to work in her garden.
Survivors include former husband Maurice Hurt; daughters, Jennifer (Rich) Parker of Kokomo, Sheila Jones; sisters, Barbara Sizemore of Sneedville, TN, Daisy Walden of Noblesville, Molly Brignac of Gonzales, LA; brother, Carl Babb of Kokomo; grandchildren, Alanna Driver, Robert Fuller, Jacob Pebley; great-granddaughter October Driver.
She was preceded in death by her parents; son, Dennis Wayne Hurt; sisters, Ruby Williams, Lydia Conklin; brothers, Henry Babb, Landon Babb, James Babb.
Graveside services will be held on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at Albright Cemetery with Rev. Paul Enoches officiating services.
Arrangements have been entrusted with Shirley & Stout Funeral Home.
March 20, 1931 – May 16, 2013
- Funeral listings, Aug. 21, 2014 Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru. Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” services are 11 a.m. today at Flora Christian Church.Gibson, Thelma, services are at 1 p.m. today at Shirley &
- Carol Wright Carol Wright, 76, Frankfort, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 8, 1937, in Indianapolis, to David Thornton and Hazel M. Burton Weaver; her mother survives. On Oct. 22, she married Ronald P. Wright, sharing over 60 yea
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born the daughter of Warren and Mary (Clark) Quakenbush on April 22, 1932, in Russiaville. On May 31, 1953, she married Eugene
- Marvin Ross Oberholtzer Marvin Ross Oberholtzer, 77, Bradenton, Florida, died Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. Born in Clay City, Indiana, he moved to Bradenton in 1991 from Kokomo and was a member of Trailer Estates Covenant Church. He retired from AT&T in Kokomo. He liked bluegras
- Roy Max Brown Roy Max Brown, 75, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. He was born Nov. 22, 1938, to Robert E. and Grace Brown in Miami County.He retired May 31, 1994 from Chrysler Corp. in Kokomo. He moved from the Kokomo area to Lake Palestine in Kosciusko County
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- More Obituaries Headlines