May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
Inez Aretha Kitts, 81, Kokomo, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother, died at 8:02 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born May 26, 1925, in New Tazewell, Tenn., the daughter of John and Ollie (Mabe) Meyers, who preceded her in death. She married Vasco Verlin Kitts on June 13, 1942, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 10, 1987.
She had been employed at Kingston Products and Delco Electronics. She loved being with her good friends and family, enjoying cards and board games, bingo, traveling, shopping, writing and playing music. Her favorite singer and performer above all others was Elvis.
Surviving are two daughters and sons-in-law, Janis and Robert Bergman, and Sandra and Kenneth Fisher, Kokomo; one grandson and grand-daughter-in-law, Dr. R. Todd and Julie Bergman, Columbus; three grand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Jennifer and Clay Miller, Colorado Springs, Colo., Julie and Jerry Johnson, and Lori and Pierre Malone, all of Kokomo; one stepgrandson and stepgrand-daughter-in-law, Tim and Linda Fisher, Alexandria, Va.; two stepgrand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Natalie Jo and John Wilson, Westport, and Christy and Mike Shane, Kokomo; 12 great-grandchildren, 10 stepgreat-grandchildren, one stepgreat-great-grandchild; one brother and sister-in-law, Claude and Carolyn Meyers, Miami; one sister and brother-in-law, Oma Lee and Allen Silence, Kokomo; two sisters, Christine Louks, and Leva Sue Martin, both of Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Dorothy Meyers, Kokomo; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Fate Loy Meyers; and two sisters, Anna Mae Love and Nellie Lee (Ogle) Hoffman.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with the Rev. George E. Reprogle officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from noon until service time at the funeral home on Monday. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines