May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
Inez Aretha Kitts, 81, Kokomo, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother, died at 8:02 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born May 26, 1925, in New Tazewell, Tenn., the daughter of John and Ollie (Mabe) Meyers, who preceded her in death. She married Vasco Verlin Kitts on June 13, 1942, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 10, 1987.
She had been employed at Kingston Products and Delco Electronics. She loved being with her good friends and family, enjoying cards and board games, bingo, traveling, shopping, writing and playing music. Her favorite singer and performer above all others was Elvis.
Surviving are two daughters and sons-in-law, Janis and Robert Bergman, and Sandra and Kenneth Fisher, Kokomo; one grandson and grand-daughter-in-law, Dr. R. Todd and Julie Bergman, Columbus; three grand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Jennifer and Clay Miller, Colorado Springs, Colo., Julie and Jerry Johnson, and Lori and Pierre Malone, all of Kokomo; one stepgrandson and stepgrand-daughter-in-law, Tim and Linda Fisher, Alexandria, Va.; two stepgrand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Natalie Jo and John Wilson, Westport, and Christy and Mike Shane, Kokomo; 12 great-grandchildren, 10 stepgreat-grandchildren, one stepgreat-great-grandchild; one brother and sister-in-law, Claude and Carolyn Meyers, Miami; one sister and brother-in-law, Oma Lee and Allen Silence, Kokomo; two sisters, Christine Louks, and Leva Sue Martin, both of Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Dorothy Meyers, Kokomo; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Fate Loy Meyers; and two sisters, Anna Mae Love and Nellie Lee (Ogle) Hoffman.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with the Rev. George E. Reprogle officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from noon until service time at the funeral home on Monday. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines