May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
Inez Aretha Kitts, 81, Kokomo, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother, died at 8:02 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born May 26, 1925, in New Tazewell, Tenn., the daughter of John and Ollie (Mabe) Meyers, who preceded her in death. She married Vasco Verlin Kitts on June 13, 1942, and he preceded her in death on Sept. 10, 1987.
She had been employed at Kingston Products and Delco Electronics. She loved being with her good friends and family, enjoying cards and board games, bingo, traveling, shopping, writing and playing music. Her favorite singer and performer above all others was Elvis.
Surviving are two daughters and sons-in-law, Janis and Robert Bergman, and Sandra and Kenneth Fisher, Kokomo; one grandson and grand-daughter-in-law, Dr. R. Todd and Julie Bergman, Columbus; three grand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Jennifer and Clay Miller, Colorado Springs, Colo., Julie and Jerry Johnson, and Lori and Pierre Malone, all of Kokomo; one stepgrandson and stepgrand-daughter-in-law, Tim and Linda Fisher, Alexandria, Va.; two stepgrand-daughters and grandsons-in-law, Natalie Jo and John Wilson, Westport, and Christy and Mike Shane, Kokomo; 12 great-grandchildren, 10 stepgreat-grandchildren, one stepgreat-great-grandchild; one brother and sister-in-law, Claude and Carolyn Meyers, Miami; one sister and brother-in-law, Oma Lee and Allen Silence, Kokomo; two sisters, Christine Louks, and Leva Sue Martin, both of Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Dorothy Meyers, Kokomo; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Fate Loy Meyers; and two sisters, Anna Mae Love and Nellie Lee (Ogle) Hoffman.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with the Rev. George E. Reprogle officiating. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from noon until service time at the funeral home on Monday. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 26, 1925 - Feb. 18, 2007
- Funerals Yentes, John F., services are 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru. Amthauer, Emma M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Murray-Weaver Funeral Home, Galveston. Temoney, John Jr., the homegoing service is 11 a.m. today a
- Mildred E. Harper Mildred E. Harper, 84, died Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Century Villa Healthcare, Greentown. Mildred was born in Marion on Jan. 26, 1929, to the late Eli and Malvra (Lawson) Adkins. She married Roy J. Harper on March 16, 1947, and he survives. She wa
- Bette J. Kellogg Bette J. Kellogg, 84, Mount Vernon, Ohio, passed away Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at the Emeritus at HillenVale in Mount Vernon. She was born Oct. 3, 1929, in Kokomo to the late Buell and Esse Mae (Parker) Bennett. She was employed by the City of Mount Ver
- Elsie Newhouse Elsie Newhouse, 83, Kokomo, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West, with Pastor Brent Faulkner officiating. Burial will
- Kelley L. Kilfoil Kelley Lynn Kilfoil, 42, Tipton, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Kelley's family would like to invite friends to a casual gathering from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the Social Room at the West Street Christian Chu
- Leo J. Kuchnicki Leo J. Kuchnicki, 92, Kokomo, passed away at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Northwoods Village. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1220 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Father Mike McK
- Kathy Brockett Kathy Brockett, 66, Bloomington and formerly of Tipton and Kokomo, died at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Arrangements are pending and will be updated at www.young-nichols.com when they become available.
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, died at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel has been entrusted with the funeral arrangements and a full obituary will follow.
- Kelley L. Kilfoil Kelley L. Kilfoil, 42, Tipton, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral arrangements are pending at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, and will be updated at www.young-nichols.com when they are available. Ke
- Funerals Harris, Dr. David J. Sr., services are 1 p.m. today at the Woodland Church of God, 3401 S. Webster St. Keller, Retired Master Chief Jackie, services are 1 p.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St. Yentes
- More Obituaries Headlines