Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
David Ryan Cavazos, 34, Greentown, was born on Oct. 4, 1972, to Adolph and Susan (Jenkins) Cavazos. Tearfully, for all who knew and loved him, at 11:09 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, David was escorted from this world safely into his Savior’s arms.
David had a childlike quality which drew people to him. Those who knew David best knew of his unending loyalty to family and friends. One of David’s dreams was to go to school to become a master chef. He was able to accommodate a small portion of that dream by working as a cook for his Aunt Maureen at Baja Burritos. He also worked with many other family members on different occasions. David attended Ivy Tech Community College for several semesters. He also worked there as an aide in the student services department of the college.
David loved to write poetry and was very diverse in his selection of music, including his love of oldies, country and rock n’ roll. One of David’s many interests was playing cards with the family. David loved reading and was well-versed on the Holy Bible and Christian literature.
In April of 1992, David was blessed with a son, Tyler J. Ryan (Ratcliff) Cavazos, with his first love, Lindy Ratcliff. David resided with his dad, Adolph, and his stepmother, Jackie, and nephew Jordan, who were all near and dear to him. He was his dad’s heart and special friend. David’s mother, Susan Williamson, was a source of encouragement and unconditional love for him. David’s grandmother, Ada Lee “Grandma Mom” Jenkins, was a constant gentle presence in his life.
His siblings, whom he considered to be among his closest friends, were Amanda and Chris Abney, Noblesville, Brent and Tiana Cavazos, Sara Cavazos McClerkin, Rachael and Brent Stewart, and Nicholas Williamson, all of Kokomo; also surviving are Lois and Marco Castro, Noblesville, Missy and Donnie Black, Alabama, and Butch and Geri Wisehart, Texas; uncles and aunts, Joe, Lupe, Jane, Ramona, Maureen, Henry, Manual, Joey, Frankie, Rudy, Artie, Liz and Terri; aunt, Tina and husband Russ Jarrett, Russiaville; and other nieces, nephews, cousins, family and friends that he loved so dearly.
Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines