Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
David Ryan Cavazos, 34, Greentown, was born on Oct. 4, 1972, to Adolph and Susan (Jenkins) Cavazos. Tearfully, for all who knew and loved him, at 11:09 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, David was escorted from this world safely into his Savior’s arms.
David had a childlike quality which drew people to him. Those who knew David best knew of his unending loyalty to family and friends. One of David’s dreams was to go to school to become a master chef. He was able to accommodate a small portion of that dream by working as a cook for his Aunt Maureen at Baja Burritos. He also worked with many other family members on different occasions. David attended Ivy Tech Community College for several semesters. He also worked there as an aide in the student services department of the college.
David loved to write poetry and was very diverse in his selection of music, including his love of oldies, country and rock n’ roll. One of David’s many interests was playing cards with the family. David loved reading and was well-versed on the Holy Bible and Christian literature.
In April of 1992, David was blessed with a son, Tyler J. Ryan (Ratcliff) Cavazos, with his first love, Lindy Ratcliff. David resided with his dad, Adolph, and his stepmother, Jackie, and nephew Jordan, who were all near and dear to him. He was his dad’s heart and special friend. David’s mother, Susan Williamson, was a source of encouragement and unconditional love for him. David’s grandmother, Ada Lee “Grandma Mom” Jenkins, was a constant gentle presence in his life.
His siblings, whom he considered to be among his closest friends, were Amanda and Chris Abney, Noblesville, Brent and Tiana Cavazos, Sara Cavazos McClerkin, Rachael and Brent Stewart, and Nicholas Williamson, all of Kokomo; also surviving are Lois and Marco Castro, Noblesville, Missy and Donnie Black, Alabama, and Butch and Geri Wisehart, Texas; uncles and aunts, Joe, Lupe, Jane, Ramona, Maureen, Henry, Manual, Joey, Frankie, Rudy, Artie, Liz and Terri; aunt, Tina and husband Russ Jarrett, Russiaville; and other nieces, nephews, cousins, family and friends that he loved so dearly.
Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- Helen M. Shultz Helen M. Shultz, 93, passed away at her residence Friday, July 25, 2014. She was born Sept. 9, 1920, to Raymond and Esther (Wolf) Jackson. They preceded her in death.Helen graduated from Butler High School and married Homer G. “Jake” Shultz on Aug. 3
- Wilma Leach Wilma Leach, Tipton, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor in Tipton.Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare in Greentown. She was born Dec. 21, 1919, to William Raleigh Coverdale and Ethel Jane (Harrison) Coverdale. On Dec. 24, 1939, she married Albert Richey, who preceded h
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Gary Foster officiating. Burial will follow at K
- James E. Young James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, died at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, surrounded by his daughters at his residence. He was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Sleepy Hollow, Miami County, the son of Floyd E. and Margaret V. (Miller) Young. He was married N
- Max Bitner Max Bitner, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home of Tipton.
- More Obituaries Headlines