Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
David Ryan Cavazos, 34, Greentown, was born on Oct. 4, 1972, to Adolph and Susan (Jenkins) Cavazos. Tearfully, for all who knew and loved him, at 11:09 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, David was escorted from this world safely into his Savior’s arms.
David had a childlike quality which drew people to him. Those who knew David best knew of his unending loyalty to family and friends. One of David’s dreams was to go to school to become a master chef. He was able to accommodate a small portion of that dream by working as a cook for his Aunt Maureen at Baja Burritos. He also worked with many other family members on different occasions. David attended Ivy Tech Community College for several semesters. He also worked there as an aide in the student services department of the college.
David loved to write poetry and was very diverse in his selection of music, including his love of oldies, country and rock n’ roll. One of David’s many interests was playing cards with the family. David loved reading and was well-versed on the Holy Bible and Christian literature.
In April of 1992, David was blessed with a son, Tyler J. Ryan (Ratcliff) Cavazos, with his first love, Lindy Ratcliff. David resided with his dad, Adolph, and his stepmother, Jackie, and nephew Jordan, who were all near and dear to him. He was his dad’s heart and special friend. David’s mother, Susan Williamson, was a source of encouragement and unconditional love for him. David’s grandmother, Ada Lee “Grandma Mom” Jenkins, was a constant gentle presence in his life.
His siblings, whom he considered to be among his closest friends, were Amanda and Chris Abney, Noblesville, Brent and Tiana Cavazos, Sara Cavazos McClerkin, Rachael and Brent Stewart, and Nicholas Williamson, all of Kokomo; also surviving are Lois and Marco Castro, Noblesville, Missy and Donnie Black, Alabama, and Butch and Geri Wisehart, Texas; uncles and aunts, Joe, Lupe, Jane, Ramona, Maureen, Henry, Manual, Joey, Frankie, Rudy, Artie, Liz and Terri; aunt, Tina and husband Russ Jarrett, Russiaville; and other nieces, nephews, cousins, family and friends that he loved so dearly.
Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- Donald E. Newman Donald E. Newman, 78, died at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Sharon Walk
- Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal, 67, Kokomo, died at 2:40 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, in her home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel with a full obituary to follow. Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, died Friday April 19, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Porter Funeral Home in Tipton. David A. Emberton
- More Obituaries Headlines