Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
David Ryan Cavazos, 34, Greentown, was born on Oct. 4, 1972, to Adolph and Susan (Jenkins) Cavazos. Tearfully, for all who knew and loved him, at 11:09 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, David was escorted from this world safely into his Savior’s arms.
David had a childlike quality which drew people to him. Those who knew David best knew of his unending loyalty to family and friends. One of David’s dreams was to go to school to become a master chef. He was able to accommodate a small portion of that dream by working as a cook for his Aunt Maureen at Baja Burritos. He also worked with many other family members on different occasions. David attended Ivy Tech Community College for several semesters. He also worked there as an aide in the student services department of the college.
David loved to write poetry and was very diverse in his selection of music, including his love of oldies, country and rock n’ roll. One of David’s many interests was playing cards with the family. David loved reading and was well-versed on the Holy Bible and Christian literature.
In April of 1992, David was blessed with a son, Tyler J. Ryan (Ratcliff) Cavazos, with his first love, Lindy Ratcliff. David resided with his dad, Adolph, and his stepmother, Jackie, and nephew Jordan, who were all near and dear to him. He was his dad’s heart and special friend. David’s mother, Susan Williamson, was a source of encouragement and unconditional love for him. David’s grandmother, Ada Lee “Grandma Mom” Jenkins, was a constant gentle presence in his life.
His siblings, whom he considered to be among his closest friends, were Amanda and Chris Abney, Noblesville, Brent and Tiana Cavazos, Sara Cavazos McClerkin, Rachael and Brent Stewart, and Nicholas Williamson, all of Kokomo; also surviving are Lois and Marco Castro, Noblesville, Missy and Donnie Black, Alabama, and Butch and Geri Wisehart, Texas; uncles and aunts, Joe, Lupe, Jane, Ramona, Maureen, Henry, Manual, Joey, Frankie, Rudy, Artie, Liz and Terri; aunt, Tina and husband Russ Jarrett, Russiaville; and other nieces, nephews, cousins, family and friends that he loved so dearly.
Preceding him in death were his grandmother, Phyllis Cavazos; grandfather, Howard Jenkins; Uncle Pete; and nephew, Gabriel.
The funeral services are 11 a.m. Wednesday at Family Worship Center, 1149 E. Center Road, with Pastor Pat Bousum officiating. Burial is in Memorial Park Cemetery. Visitation is 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., and one hour prior to services at the church.
P.S. David says, “Love ya’, see ya’ bye!”
Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
- Julie K. (Robinson) Groves Julie was an exceptional mother and homemaker who loved family more than anything. She had a lot of family. Surviving includes her husband, Russell Groves, Peru; two daughters, Jamie Graber and husband Seth, Greentown, Brenda Thomas and husband Micha
- Funeral listings, March 11, 2014 Newby, Mary Louise, services are 10 a.m. today at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Townsend, Gertrude R., services are 10:30 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Price, Gary Allan, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers M
- Imogene Eaker Imogene Eaker, 66, Kokomo, died at 4:35 a.m. Monday, March 9, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Crown Point Cemetery, Kokomo. Burial will follow. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting wit
- Christine Spears Christine Spears, 81, Tipton, passed away Friday, March 7, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital in Tipton. Visitation is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Wednesd
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. The funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastors Doug Benham and Jefffrey Miller officiating. Burial will
- John Edwin Gingerich John Edwin Gingerich, 88, of Milford, passed away peacefully at his home at 11:25 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born Oct. 8, 1925, in Howard County, to Albert and Salome (Troyer) Gingerich. He married Mary Ellen Schlabach in LaGrange on Feb. 28,
- Stanley Jesse Baldwin Stanley Jesse Baldwin, 77, Clovis, N.M., died Monday, March 3, 2014, at his home in Clovis. Memorial services were March 8, 2014, at Faith Christian Family Church, with Pastor David Swann officiating. Stanley was born Dec. 20, 1936, to Weldy C. and E
- Scott Anthony Granson Scott Anthony Granson, 51, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014. He was born July 14, 1962, in Kokomo, to Richard "Dick" P. Granson and Olympia "Jo" A. (Stefan) Granson. He graduated in 1981 from Kokomo High School. He had worked fo
- Jerolyn 'Jeri' Ruth Blessing Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth Blessing, 80, Kokomo, was ushered into the presence of her Lord and Savior on Friday, March 7, 2014. She was born May 12, 1933, in Tipton Township, Cass County, to Benjamin C. and Ruth Lois (Cotterman) Couch. On March 19, 1977, sh
- J. William Crouch Long-time Colorado automobile dealer, Bill Crouch of Cherry Hills Village and formerly of Tipton, passed away Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014, in La Quinta, Calif., where he spent the winter months. Graveside services will be at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Fairvie
- More Obituaries Headlines