Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
David Ryan Cavazos, 34, Greentown, was born on Oct. 4, 1972, to Adolph and Susan (Jenkins) Cavazos. Tearfully, for all who knew and loved him, at 11:09 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, David was escorted from this world safely into his Savior’s arms.
David had a childlike quality which drew people to him. Those who knew David best knew of his unending loyalty to family and friends. One of David’s dreams was to go to school to become a master chef. He was able to accommodate a small portion of that dream by working as a cook for his Aunt Maureen at Baja Burritos. He also worked with many other family members on different occasions. David attended Ivy Tech Community College for several semesters. He also worked there as an aide in the student services department of the college.
David loved to write poetry and was very diverse in his selection of music, including his love of oldies, country and rock n’ roll. One of David’s many interests was playing cards with the family. David loved reading and was well-versed on the Holy Bible and Christian literature.
In April of 1992, David was blessed with a son, Tyler J. Ryan (Ratcliff) Cavazos, with his first love, Lindy Ratcliff. David resided with his dad, Adolph, and his stepmother, Jackie, and nephew Jordan, who were all near and dear to him. He was his dad’s heart and special friend. David’s mother, Susan Williamson, was a source of encouragement and unconditional love for him. David’s grandmother, Ada Lee “Grandma Mom” Jenkins, was a constant gentle presence in his life.
His siblings, whom he considered to be among his closest friends, were Amanda and Chris Abney, Noblesville, Brent and Tiana Cavazos, Sara Cavazos McClerkin, Rachael and Brent Stewart, and Nicholas Williamson, all of Kokomo; also surviving are Lois and Marco Castro, Noblesville, Missy and Donnie Black, Alabama, and Butch and Geri Wisehart, Texas; uncles and aunts, Joe, Lupe, Jane, Ramona, Maureen, Henry, Manual, Joey, Frankie, Rudy, Artie, Liz and Terri; aunt, Tina and husband Russ Jarrett, Russiaville; and other nieces, nephews, cousins, family and friends that he loved so dearly.
Oct. 4, 1972 - Feb. 22, 2007
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- Thelma P. Gibson Thelma P. Gibson, 94, Kokomo, died at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, in her home. Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.
- Terry Alan 'Jake' Benedict Sr. Jan. 27, 1949 - Aug. 16, 2014 Terry Alan "Jake" Benedict Sr., 65, Logansport, passed away at 5:25 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, in his residence surrounded by his family. Born Jan. 27, 1949, in Peru, he was the son of George and Alice (Walls) Benedic
- Richard Carl Miller Oct. 5, 1924 - Aug. 16, 2014 Richard Carl Miller, 89, passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, with his family surrounding him. He was born Oct. 5, 1924, to the late Carl and Leona Miller, Peru. He graduated from Peru High School in 1943. He was employed
- Tom R. Faunce Tom R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Home and Crematory at 1315 W. Lincoln Road.
- More Obituaries Headlines