Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
Harold “Harry” L. Mix Jr., 48, Galveston, went home to be with the Lord at 7:10 a.m. Monday, March 19, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System, Kokomo. He was born Jan. 1, 1959, to Harold “Sonny” L. and Velda L. (Sitzes) Mix, both of whom survive.
Harry was the manager for Mix’s Auto Sales in Kokomo for the past 20 years. He had also worked for Cuneo Press and Wiese Oldsmobile. He was a 1977 graduate of Lewis Cass High School.
Harry was a true sports fan. He loved NASCAR racing and was an avid Indianapolis
Colts and Lewis Cass Kings football fan.
Surviving are his parents, Harold “Sonny” and Velda Mix, Galveston; brother, Randy C. Mix, Galveston; sister, Kathy and husband Bob Phipps, Galveston; special nephew, Ryan Mix, Galveston; niece, Ashley Phipps, Noblesville; stepnieces and nephews, Timothy Armfield, Craig Roupe, Lacee Roupe, Lexcee Roupe and Ashlee Armfield; aunts and uncles, Loren and Carol Sitzes, Cynthia and Marlin Himmelwright, Evert and Darlene Sitzes, and Marlena Sitzes, all of Kokomo, Freeda Whitehurst, and Anita Henson, both of Arkansas; special friends, Tracy Vincent, and Chris and Candy Stonebraker; also survived by several cousins and many, many friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Frank and Beulah Sitzes; maternal stepgrandmother, Marie Sitzes; paternal grandparents, Alva and Bertha Mix; and uncles, David Sitzes and Fay Mix.
Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, U.S. 35 South, Galveston, with the Revs. Dennis Riggs and Norm Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Galveston Cemetery. Calling will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or American Diabetes Association. Online condolences may be sent to the family at, www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com.
Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
- Mary Edna Jackson Aug. 29, 1935 - July 23, 2014Mary Edna Jackson 78, Russiaville, went to be with her Lord at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014. She was the daughter of Elzie and Minnie (Sikes) O’Neal, born on Aug. 29, 1935 in Adolphus, Kentucky. On May 6, 1954, Mary
- Funeral listings, July 26, 2014 Wylie, William A., services are 10 a.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Hudson, Jimmie Mae Gilbreath, a celebration of life service is 11 a.m. today at Kossuth Street Baptist Church, 2901 Kossuth St., Lafayette.Stroup, Margare
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with the Rev. Lehmon Hale of
- Netanya Marie Madison Netanya Marie Madison, 1 week, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent Women’s Hospital. She was born July 17, 2014, to Cory and Heather (Stabler) Madison.She was a gift from God. May her memory be for a blessing.She is survived by her pa
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Imogene R. (Lett) Holmes Imogene R. (Lett) Holmes, 90, Tipton, died Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at West Street Christian Church, with the Rev. Linda McKiernan-Allen presiding. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery, Ti
- Boyd King March 6, 1914 - July 23, 2014Boyd King, 100, Kokomo and formerly of Peru, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014. Boyd was born in Amboy, on March 6, 1914, the son of Seth and Nora King. On Oct. 27, 1934, Boyd married Kathleen Kendall, who preceded him
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, died Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington. She was born Dec. 24, 1932, in Kokomo, the daughter of the late Carl and Edna (Walker) Shaffer. She married Wayne R. McElfresh June 22, 1952, at Main Stre
- Funeral listings, July 25, 2014 Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11 a.m. today at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, 401 S. California St., Galveston.Barber, Marjorie L., services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home Neptune Chapel, 44 Michigan St., Burlington.Hudson
- William A. Wylie William A. Wylie, 81, Tipton, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014, at IU Tipton Health in Tipton. Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Porter’
- More Obituaries Headlines