Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
Harold “Harry” L. Mix Jr., 48, Galveston, went home to be with the Lord at 7:10 a.m. Monday, March 19, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System, Kokomo. He was born Jan. 1, 1959, to Harold “Sonny” L. and Velda L. (Sitzes) Mix, both of whom survive.
Harry was the manager for Mix’s Auto Sales in Kokomo for the past 20 years. He had also worked for Cuneo Press and Wiese Oldsmobile. He was a 1977 graduate of Lewis Cass High School.
Harry was a true sports fan. He loved NASCAR racing and was an avid Indianapolis
Colts and Lewis Cass Kings football fan.
Surviving are his parents, Harold “Sonny” and Velda Mix, Galveston; brother, Randy C. Mix, Galveston; sister, Kathy and husband Bob Phipps, Galveston; special nephew, Ryan Mix, Galveston; niece, Ashley Phipps, Noblesville; stepnieces and nephews, Timothy Armfield, Craig Roupe, Lacee Roupe, Lexcee Roupe and Ashlee Armfield; aunts and uncles, Loren and Carol Sitzes, Cynthia and Marlin Himmelwright, Evert and Darlene Sitzes, and Marlena Sitzes, all of Kokomo, Freeda Whitehurst, and Anita Henson, both of Arkansas; special friends, Tracy Vincent, and Chris and Candy Stonebraker; also survived by several cousins and many, many friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Frank and Beulah Sitzes; maternal stepgrandmother, Marie Sitzes; paternal grandparents, Alva and Bertha Mix; and uncles, David Sitzes and Fay Mix.
Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, U.S. 35 South, Galveston, with the Revs. Dennis Riggs and Norm Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Galveston Cemetery. Calling will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or American Diabetes Association. Online condolences may be sent to the family at, www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com.
Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
- Funerals, April 21, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Washam, William G. 'Willie', services wil
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, at IU Health Tipton in Tipton. He was born Dec. 23, 1952, in Tipton, to Floyd and Roxie (Blythe) Emberton. On March 11, 1972, David married Debbie Arnett and they had shared 42 years
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- James R. Lutz James R. Lutz, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 5:10 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. Jim was born Sept. 8, 1941, in Elizabethtown, Ky., to John and Stella (Cartwright) Lutz. In 1961, he married Shirley L. (Mi
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- More Obituaries Headlines