Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
Harold “Harry” L. Mix Jr., 48, Galveston, went home to be with the Lord at 7:10 a.m. Monday, March 19, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System, Kokomo. He was born Jan. 1, 1959, to Harold “Sonny” L. and Velda L. (Sitzes) Mix, both of whom survive.
Harry was the manager for Mix’s Auto Sales in Kokomo for the past 20 years. He had also worked for Cuneo Press and Wiese Oldsmobile. He was a 1977 graduate of Lewis Cass High School.
Harry was a true sports fan. He loved NASCAR racing and was an avid Indianapolis
Colts and Lewis Cass Kings football fan.
Surviving are his parents, Harold “Sonny” and Velda Mix, Galveston; brother, Randy C. Mix, Galveston; sister, Kathy and husband Bob Phipps, Galveston; special nephew, Ryan Mix, Galveston; niece, Ashley Phipps, Noblesville; stepnieces and nephews, Timothy Armfield, Craig Roupe, Lacee Roupe, Lexcee Roupe and Ashlee Armfield; aunts and uncles, Loren and Carol Sitzes, Cynthia and Marlin Himmelwright, Evert and Darlene Sitzes, and Marlena Sitzes, all of Kokomo, Freeda Whitehurst, and Anita Henson, both of Arkansas; special friends, Tracy Vincent, and Chris and Candy Stonebraker; also survived by several cousins and many, many friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Frank and Beulah Sitzes; maternal stepgrandmother, Marie Sitzes; paternal grandparents, Alva and Bertha Mix; and uncles, David Sitzes and Fay Mix.
Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, U.S. 35 South, Galveston, with the Revs. Dennis Riggs and Norm Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Galveston Cemetery. Calling will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or American Diabetes Association. Online condolences may be sent to the family at, www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com.
Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- More Obituaries Headlines