Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
Harold “Harry” L. Mix Jr., 48, Galveston, went home to be with the Lord at 7:10 a.m. Monday, March 19, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System, Kokomo. He was born Jan. 1, 1959, to Harold “Sonny” L. and Velda L. (Sitzes) Mix, both of whom survive.
Harry was the manager for Mix’s Auto Sales in Kokomo for the past 20 years. He had also worked for Cuneo Press and Wiese Oldsmobile. He was a 1977 graduate of Lewis Cass High School.
Harry was a true sports fan. He loved NASCAR racing and was an avid Indianapolis
Colts and Lewis Cass Kings football fan.
Surviving are his parents, Harold “Sonny” and Velda Mix, Galveston; brother, Randy C. Mix, Galveston; sister, Kathy and husband Bob Phipps, Galveston; special nephew, Ryan Mix, Galveston; niece, Ashley Phipps, Noblesville; stepnieces and nephews, Timothy Armfield, Craig Roupe, Lacee Roupe, Lexcee Roupe and Ashlee Armfield; aunts and uncles, Loren and Carol Sitzes, Cynthia and Marlin Himmelwright, Evert and Darlene Sitzes, and Marlena Sitzes, all of Kokomo, Freeda Whitehurst, and Anita Henson, both of Arkansas; special friends, Tracy Vincent, and Chris and Candy Stonebraker; also survived by several cousins and many, many friends.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Frank and Beulah Sitzes; maternal stepgrandmother, Marie Sitzes; paternal grandparents, Alva and Bertha Mix; and uncles, David Sitzes and Fay Mix.
Services will be 11 a.m. Thursday at Murray Weaver Funeral Home, U.S. 35 South, Galveston, with the Revs. Dennis Riggs and Norm Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Galveston Cemetery. Calling will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or American Diabetes Association. Online condolences may be sent to the family at, www.murrayweaverfuneralhome.com.
Jan. 1, 1959 - March 19, 2007
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines