Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
Maria Margarita Gonzalez, 87, Kokomo, died 12:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born Dec. 1, 1919, in Caomo, Puerto Rico, the daughter of Teleforo and Paula (Melendez) Gonzalez. She was the wife of Augusto Colon, who precedes her in death. She then married Ramiro Santos, who also precedes her in death.
She was a teacher at James J. Ferris High School in Jersey City, N.J., where she taught home economics. She also taught English as a second language at Jersey City Adult Education. She was a member of St. Peters Catholic Church in Jersey City.
She is survived by two daughters, Ada Malave, Kokomo, and Sheila Kirby and her husband Dan, Sedalia; one son, Ivan Santos, Wakefield, England; five grandchildren, Heather Santos, Sedalia, Connie Malave, Stratford, Conn., Curtiss Malave and his wife Lori, Peru, Amy Ward, Kokomo, and Charles Santos, Wakefield, England; nine great-grandchildren, Aaron, Hannah and Khadeem Buntyn, Madison Malave, Helen, Samuel and Benjamin Olufade, Cody Hyles and Chance Biggs; four sisters, Rosalia Johnson and her husband Arlyn, Arizona, Juanna Gonzalez, Puerto Rico, Carmen Aponte and her husband Cheo, Texas, and Candida Malave, Oklahoma; and stepson, Jose Santos and his wife Miriam, Puerto Rico. She was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; three brothers, Telefito, Jesus and Sergio Gonzalez; and one sister, Maria Gonzalez.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated 1 p.m. Monday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Andrew Dudzinski the celebrant. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call from noon until service time at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Shirley and Stout Funeral Homes assisted the family with these arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- Funerals Nickels, Ronald J. "Nick," services are 10:30 a.m. today Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Foard, Sister Georgia F., a memorial service is 11 a.m. today in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCan
- William 'Willie' Washam William "Willie" Washam, 84, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Arrangements are pending at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. William 'Willie' Washam
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- More Obituaries Headlines