Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
Maria Margarita Gonzalez, 87, Kokomo, died 12:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born Dec. 1, 1919, in Caomo, Puerto Rico, the daughter of Teleforo and Paula (Melendez) Gonzalez. She was the wife of Augusto Colon, who precedes her in death. She then married Ramiro Santos, who also precedes her in death.
She was a teacher at James J. Ferris High School in Jersey City, N.J., where she taught home economics. She also taught English as a second language at Jersey City Adult Education. She was a member of St. Peters Catholic Church in Jersey City.
She is survived by two daughters, Ada Malave, Kokomo, and Sheila Kirby and her husband Dan, Sedalia; one son, Ivan Santos, Wakefield, England; five grandchildren, Heather Santos, Sedalia, Connie Malave, Stratford, Conn., Curtiss Malave and his wife Lori, Peru, Amy Ward, Kokomo, and Charles Santos, Wakefield, England; nine great-grandchildren, Aaron, Hannah and Khadeem Buntyn, Madison Malave, Helen, Samuel and Benjamin Olufade, Cody Hyles and Chance Biggs; four sisters, Rosalia Johnson and her husband Arlyn, Arizona, Juanna Gonzalez, Puerto Rico, Carmen Aponte and her husband Cheo, Texas, and Candida Malave, Oklahoma; and stepson, Jose Santos and his wife Miriam, Puerto Rico. She was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; three brothers, Telefito, Jesus and Sergio Gonzalez; and one sister, Maria Gonzalez.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated 1 p.m. Monday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Andrew Dudzinski the celebrant. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call from noon until service time at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Shirley and Stout Funeral Homes assisted the family with these arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
- Funerals, March 10, 2014 Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St. Harner, John T. "Dutch," servic
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- More Obituaries Headlines