Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
Maria Margarita Gonzalez, 87, Kokomo, died 12:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 2007, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born Dec. 1, 1919, in Caomo, Puerto Rico, the daughter of Teleforo and Paula (Melendez) Gonzalez. She was the wife of Augusto Colon, who precedes her in death. She then married Ramiro Santos, who also precedes her in death.
She was a teacher at James J. Ferris High School in Jersey City, N.J., where she taught home economics. She also taught English as a second language at Jersey City Adult Education. She was a member of St. Peters Catholic Church in Jersey City.
She is survived by two daughters, Ada Malave, Kokomo, and Sheila Kirby and her husband Dan, Sedalia; one son, Ivan Santos, Wakefield, England; five grandchildren, Heather Santos, Sedalia, Connie Malave, Stratford, Conn., Curtiss Malave and his wife Lori, Peru, Amy Ward, Kokomo, and Charles Santos, Wakefield, England; nine great-grandchildren, Aaron, Hannah and Khadeem Buntyn, Madison Malave, Helen, Samuel and Benjamin Olufade, Cody Hyles and Chance Biggs; four sisters, Rosalia Johnson and her husband Arlyn, Arizona, Juanna Gonzalez, Puerto Rico, Carmen Aponte and her husband Cheo, Texas, and Candida Malave, Oklahoma; and stepson, Jose Santos and his wife Miriam, Puerto Rico. She was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; three brothers, Telefito, Jesus and Sergio Gonzalez; and one sister, Maria Gonzalez.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated 1 p.m. Monday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Andrew Dudzinski the celebrant. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call from noon until service time at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Shirley and Stout Funeral Homes assisted the family with these arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 1, 1919 - Oct. 4, 2007
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines