Sept. 25, 1945 - Oct. 5, 2007
Stephen James Harris Sr., 62, Kokomo died 6:22 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5, 2007, at the home of his daughter. He was born Sept. 25, 1945, in Kokomo, the son of F. Joseph and Constance (Phillips) Harris. He had been married to Ramona Dotson, who survives.
He attended Northwestern High School. He was employed at Chrysler, retiring in 1994 after 30 years of service. He was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, NRA, AA, Bunker Hill Fish & Game and UAW Local 685.
He is survived by his children, Chris Sexton and her husband Jeff, Michelle Beam and her husband Matthew and Stephen Harris Jr. and his wife Vicky, all of Kokomo; grandchildren, Danielle and Seth Sexton, Josie and Sydney Harris and Elise Beam, all of Kokomo; mother, Constance Harris, Kokomo; brothers, David Iacona Harris and his partner Chester, McComb, Ill., Mike Harris and his wife Juanita, Lansing, Mich., Mark Harris and his wife Ferron, Coldwater, Mich., and Tim Harris, Tipton; sisters, Anita Dietzen, Marry Connie Schrepferman and her husband Phil, Cindy Ayers and her husband Dan, Debbie Harris, all of Kokomo, and Ruth Ann Stout and her husband Richard, Bronson, Mich.
He was preceded in death by his father, F. Joseph Harris; brothers, William Harris, Joseph P. Harris and Gregory Harris; and special brother-in-law, C.E. Dietzen.
Mass of Christian burial will be 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Tom Obiatuegwu the celebrant. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. A rosary will be conducted at 7:30 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to the Timothy Foundation. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home and church. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Sept. 25, 1945 - Oct. 5, 2007
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- More Obituaries Headlines