Sept. 25, 1945 - Oct. 5, 2007
Stephen James Harris Sr., 62, Kokomo died 6:22 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5, 2007, at the home of his daughter. He was born Sept. 25, 1945, in Kokomo, the son of F. Joseph and Constance (Phillips) Harris. He had been married to Ramona Dotson, who survives.
He attended Northwestern High School. He was employed at Chrysler, retiring in 1994 after 30 years of service. He was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, NRA, AA, Bunker Hill Fish & Game and UAW Local 685.
He is survived by his children, Chris Sexton and her husband Jeff, Michelle Beam and her husband Matthew and Stephen Harris Jr. and his wife Vicky, all of Kokomo; grandchildren, Danielle and Seth Sexton, Josie and Sydney Harris and Elise Beam, all of Kokomo; mother, Constance Harris, Kokomo; brothers, David Iacona Harris and his partner Chester, McComb, Ill., Mike Harris and his wife Juanita, Lansing, Mich., Mark Harris and his wife Ferron, Coldwater, Mich., and Tim Harris, Tipton; sisters, Anita Dietzen, Marry Connie Schrepferman and her husband Phil, Cindy Ayers and her husband Dan, Debbie Harris, all of Kokomo, and Ruth Ann Stout and her husband Richard, Bronson, Mich.
He was preceded in death by his father, F. Joseph Harris; brothers, William Harris, Joseph P. Harris and Gregory Harris; and special brother-in-law, C.E. Dietzen.
Mass of Christian burial will be 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Tom Obiatuegwu the celebrant. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. A rosary will be conducted at 7:30 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to the Timothy Foundation. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home and church. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Sept. 25, 1945 - Oct. 5, 2007
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines