April 4, 1921 - Dec. 18, 2007
Marie Doty was born in Wabash, Ind., on April 4, 1921. After graduating from Central High School in North Manchester in 1939, she graduated from Ball State University in 1943 with a bachelor’s degree in education. In August 1945, she married James K. Doty.
She was a public high school teacher in Greentown for 25 years and substitute teacher at Central High School for three years. She retired in 1972. She and her husband moved to Ormond Beach, Fla., in 1978 from Kokomo, and then to Port Orange, Fla., in 1989. Memberships enjoyed included First United Methodist Church in Ormond Beach, past president of the Arlington Garden Club, charter member of the Botanical Gardens of Volusia Inc., V.F.W. Auxiliary Post 3282, and the Elk Hearts Lodge 2723.
Survivors include her husband of 62 years, James; son, David, Lake Placid, Fla.; daughter, Deborah Rideout, Fort Collins, Colo.; sister, Jean Fairchild, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.; three grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A memorial service was held Dec. 22 in the Chapel of Volusia Memorial Funeral Home, Port Orange.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to First United Methodist Church of Ormond Beach, 336 S. Halifax Drive, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 or to the Botanical Gardens of Volusia Inc., 950 Old Sugar Mill Road, Port Orange, FL 32129.
Arrangements are under the care and trust of Volusia Memorial Funeral Home, 4815 Clyde Morris Blvd., Port Orange.
April 4, 1921 - Dec. 18, 2007
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines