Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
Dana Jeanne Kucholick, 81, Kokomo, died at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 12, 1926, in Kokomo, the only daughter of Earl and Kathryn (Schrader) St. John.
On June 7, 1945, she was united in marriage with Stanley J. Kucholick, who survives. They are the proud parents of their 11 children that survive them; six sons, Stanley E. Kucholick, Galveston, Stephen K. and Janet Kucholick, The Villages, Fla., John M. and Paula Kucholick, Kokomo, Mark E. and companion (Diane) Kucholick, Kokomo, Joseph G. and Kim Kucholick, Kokomo, and James V. Kucholick, Kokomo; five daughters, Kathann Zehring, Fort Wayne, M. Karole and Wm. Terry Smith, Kokomo, M. Christine and Michael McKillip, Converse, Debra A. and Steve Hunt, Kokomo, and Karen S. Kucholick, Kokomo. She is also survived by 31 grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren, 10 step-great grandchildren and two brothers, Fred and wife Marjorie St. John and Bruce and wife Barbara St. John.
She was preceded in death by one grandson, Jansen Kucholick.
She was a life-long member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Kokomo. She belonged to the Altar-Rosary Society in which she was a past president. Along with her husband of 62 years they contracted the Highland Park Baseball Stadium, taking care of the ball field and concession stand for 50 years. They also owned and operated the Forest Park Dairy Queen for 18 years until their retirement.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Theodore Dudzinski the celebrant. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church, where the rosary will be offered at 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Monastery of the Poor Clares, Bona Vista, and or to the Indiana Blind School.
Envelopes will be available at the church.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines