Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
Dana Jeanne Kucholick, 81, Kokomo, died at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 12, 1926, in Kokomo, the only daughter of Earl and Kathryn (Schrader) St. John.
On June 7, 1945, she was united in marriage with Stanley J. Kucholick, who survives. They are the proud parents of their 11 children that survive them; six sons, Stanley E. Kucholick, Galveston, Stephen K. and Janet Kucholick, The Villages, Fla., John M. and Paula Kucholick, Kokomo, Mark E. and companion (Diane) Kucholick, Kokomo, Joseph G. and Kim Kucholick, Kokomo, and James V. Kucholick, Kokomo; five daughters, Kathann Zehring, Fort Wayne, M. Karole and Wm. Terry Smith, Kokomo, M. Christine and Michael McKillip, Converse, Debra A. and Steve Hunt, Kokomo, and Karen S. Kucholick, Kokomo. She is also survived by 31 grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren, 10 step-great grandchildren and two brothers, Fred and wife Marjorie St. John and Bruce and wife Barbara St. John.
She was preceded in death by one grandson, Jansen Kucholick.
She was a life-long member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Kokomo. She belonged to the Altar-Rosary Society in which she was a past president. Along with her husband of 62 years they contracted the Highland Park Baseball Stadium, taking care of the ball field and concession stand for 50 years. They also owned and operated the Forest Park Dairy Queen for 18 years until their retirement.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Theodore Dudzinski the celebrant. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church, where the rosary will be offered at 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Monastery of the Poor Clares, Bona Vista, and or to the Indiana Blind School.
Envelopes will be available at the church.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- Kelly Nicole Maynard Kelly Nicole Maynard, 25, passed away at 3 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at her residence. Viewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St.
- Jana Darlene Davis Jana Darlene Davis, 34, died Friday, April 18, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born the daughter of Robert Housley and Mary Davis on Oct. 11, 1979, in Kokomo. Jana was a graduate of Maconaquah High School. She enjoyed fishing, crafts, spending
- Funerals Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie," services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Road. DePoy, Ernest Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Oakes, Steve "Lt. Dan," a graveside service is 11 a.m. t
- Thomas Eugene Brooks Thomas Eugene Brooks, 78, Bringhurst, died at 6:58 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1935, in Delphi, to the late Dana and Doris Britton Brooks. His marriage was to Judith Kay Bowman in Delph
- Virginia T. Nelson Virginia T. Nelson, formerly of Kokomo, went to be with the Lord at 5:45 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014. She was born in Kokomo on Nov. 25, 1918, the daughter of the Rev. Charles and Zella Thomas. She was married on July 1, 1939, to Verlin E. Nelson,
- Donald E. Newman Donald E. Newman, 78, passed away at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. He was born the son of Melvin E. and Letha (Ollenburg) Newman on Oct. 18, 1935, in Milwaukee, Wis. On April 6, 1958, he married hi
- More Obituaries Headlines