Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
Dana Jeanne Kucholick, 81, Kokomo, died at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 12, 1926, in Kokomo, the only daughter of Earl and Kathryn (Schrader) St. John.
On June 7, 1945, she was united in marriage with Stanley J. Kucholick, who survives. They are the proud parents of their 11 children that survive them; six sons, Stanley E. Kucholick, Galveston, Stephen K. and Janet Kucholick, The Villages, Fla., John M. and Paula Kucholick, Kokomo, Mark E. and companion (Diane) Kucholick, Kokomo, Joseph G. and Kim Kucholick, Kokomo, and James V. Kucholick, Kokomo; five daughters, Kathann Zehring, Fort Wayne, M. Karole and Wm. Terry Smith, Kokomo, M. Christine and Michael McKillip, Converse, Debra A. and Steve Hunt, Kokomo, and Karen S. Kucholick, Kokomo. She is also survived by 31 grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren, 10 step-great grandchildren and two brothers, Fred and wife Marjorie St. John and Bruce and wife Barbara St. John.
She was preceded in death by one grandson, Jansen Kucholick.
She was a life-long member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Kokomo. She belonged to the Altar-Rosary Society in which she was a past president. Along with her husband of 62 years they contracted the Highland Park Baseball Stadium, taking care of the ball field and concession stand for 50 years. They also owned and operated the Forest Park Dairy Queen for 18 years until their retirement.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Theodore Dudzinski the celebrant. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church, where the rosary will be offered at 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Monastery of the Poor Clares, Bona Vista, and or to the Indiana Blind School.
Envelopes will be available at the church.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
- Beverly Giles Cobb SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beverly Giles Cobb, 80, Savannah, Georgia, passed away at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, Florida. She was born on Nov. 13, 1933, in Kokomo to the late Vivan and Margaret (Weaver
- Funerals, July 31, 2014 Richey, Emogene, services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.Bookwalter, Frances Juanita, services are 2 p.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver.Spivey, Cathy J., a celebration of life service is 7 p.m. to
- Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove, formerly from Kokomo, passed into heaven on Jan. 16, 2014, with her son, Matthew, and daughter, Leoma, at her side at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. She was 91 years old. A memorial of her life will be at 2 p.m. Saturd
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- More Obituaries Headlines