Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
Dana Jeanne Kucholick, 81, Kokomo, died at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 12, 1926, in Kokomo, the only daughter of Earl and Kathryn (Schrader) St. John.
On June 7, 1945, she was united in marriage with Stanley J. Kucholick, who survives. They are the proud parents of their 11 children that survive them; six sons, Stanley E. Kucholick, Galveston, Stephen K. and Janet Kucholick, The Villages, Fla., John M. and Paula Kucholick, Kokomo, Mark E. and companion (Diane) Kucholick, Kokomo, Joseph G. and Kim Kucholick, Kokomo, and James V. Kucholick, Kokomo; five daughters, Kathann Zehring, Fort Wayne, M. Karole and Wm. Terry Smith, Kokomo, M. Christine and Michael McKillip, Converse, Debra A. and Steve Hunt, Kokomo, and Karen S. Kucholick, Kokomo. She is also survived by 31 grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren, 10 step-great grandchildren and two brothers, Fred and wife Marjorie St. John and Bruce and wife Barbara St. John.
She was preceded in death by one grandson, Jansen Kucholick.
She was a life-long member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Kokomo. She belonged to the Altar-Rosary Society in which she was a past president. Along with her husband of 62 years they contracted the Highland Park Baseball Stadium, taking care of the ball field and concession stand for 50 years. They also owned and operated the Forest Park Dairy Queen for 18 years until their retirement.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Theodore Dudzinski the celebrant. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church, where the rosary will be offered at 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Monastery of the Poor Clares, Bona Vista, and or to the Indiana Blind School.
Envelopes will be available at the church.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- James R. Lutz James R. Lutz, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 5:10 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. Jim was born Sept. 8, 1941, in Elizabethtown, Ky., to John and Stella (Cartwright) Lutz. In 1961, he married Shirley L. (Mi
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- Donald E. Newman Donald E. Newman, 78, died at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Sharon Walk
- Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal, 67, Kokomo, died at 2:40 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, in her home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel with a full obituary to follow. Teresa Ann (Reeves) Hannibal
- More Obituaries Headlines