Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
Dana Jeanne Kucholick, 81, Kokomo, died at 6:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 12, 1926, in Kokomo, the only daughter of Earl and Kathryn (Schrader) St. John.
On June 7, 1945, she was united in marriage with Stanley J. Kucholick, who survives. They are the proud parents of their 11 children that survive them; six sons, Stanley E. Kucholick, Galveston, Stephen K. and Janet Kucholick, The Villages, Fla., John M. and Paula Kucholick, Kokomo, Mark E. and companion (Diane) Kucholick, Kokomo, Joseph G. and Kim Kucholick, Kokomo, and James V. Kucholick, Kokomo; five daughters, Kathann Zehring, Fort Wayne, M. Karole and Wm. Terry Smith, Kokomo, M. Christine and Michael McKillip, Converse, Debra A. and Steve Hunt, Kokomo, and Karen S. Kucholick, Kokomo. She is also survived by 31 grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, 30 great-grandchildren, 10 step-great grandchildren and two brothers, Fred and wife Marjorie St. John and Bruce and wife Barbara St. John.
She was preceded in death by one grandson, Jansen Kucholick.
She was a life-long member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, Kokomo. She belonged to the Altar-Rosary Society in which she was a past president. Along with her husband of 62 years they contracted the Highland Park Baseball Stadium, taking care of the ball field and concession stand for 50 years. They also owned and operated the Forest Park Dairy Queen for 18 years until their retirement.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1229 N. Washington St., with the Rev. Fr. Theodore Dudzinski the celebrant. Entombment will follow in Sunset Memory Garden Mausoleum. Friends are invited to call from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday at the church, where the rosary will be offered at 8 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Monastery of the Poor Clares, Bona Vista, and or to the Indiana Blind School.
Envelopes will be available at the church.
Shirley & Stout Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Messages of condolence may be left online at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 12, 1926 - May 7, 2008
- Carroll Ray 'C.R.' Bill Taylor Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill Taylor, 82, Kokomo, passed away early Monday morning, July 21, 2014, at Community North Hospital in Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 23, 1931, in Heber Springs, Arkansas, to William Andrew and Polly Ann (Adkins) Taylor. He marri
- Elizabeth Reid Yohe Elizabeth Reid Yohe, 83, Newburgh, passed away Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at her home. She was born Jan. 15, 1931, in Norristown, Pennsylvania, to the late Raymond C. and Marian J. Reid. Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband of 57 years, Jame
- Marjorie L. Barber Marjorie L. Barber, 95, Burlington, passed away at 5:48 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born June 2, 1919, in Carroll County, to Ockle G. and Edith May (Quinn) Barber.Marjorie was a member of Burlington Church of Christ, w
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- More Obituaries Headlines