July 31, 1941 - May 9, 2008
Stephen E. Funk, 66, Sharpsville, died 8:25 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2008, at his home with his wife by his side, after fighting a lengthy battle with lung cancer. He was born July 31, 1941, in Shelbyville, Ill., the son of the late Kenneth and Orah (Downs) Funk.
He was an Eagle Scout, earning that recognition early in high school. In 1962, he married Carolyn Brown at First Methodist Church in Shelbyville, Ill., and she survives. He was a graduate of Millikin University in Decatur, Ill., receiving his bachelor of arts degree in June of 1965. He was employed with Abbott Laboratories of North Chicago, as a professional hospital representative, serving the central Indiana sales district. He retired in June of 1999 after 28 years of service.
He was the past master of Sharpsville Reserve Lodge 363 F. & A.M. He was the first judge of the Sharpsville Town Court, served on the Sharpsville town board as president and board member for multiple terms, was the Sharpsville girls softball coach and umpire for several seasons, was in the couples Bridge Club of Kokomo for 35 years, enjoyed golf, bowling and tennis in which he had won several tournaments in doubles, a Colts and sports fan, which he attended many local sporting events, an avid reader, and loved to work the New York Times crosswords.
Survivors include his wife of 46 years, Carolyn Funk; two daughters, Laura (husband, David) Frank, Boston, and Diane (husband, Matt) Snyder, Kokomo; one sister, Gloria Weakley, Oak Park, Ill.; two grandchildren, Elaina Grace Snyder and Jack Matthew Snyder, both of Kokomo; one niece, Kim Switzer, Oak Park, Ill.; and one nephew Kent Weakley, Taos, N.M.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one infant sister, Lois Jean Funk.
Services are 10 a.m. Wednesday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Dale Bliss officiating. Burial will follow in Sharpsville Cemetery. The family will receive friends 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary. A Masonic service will be held Tuesday evening at the mortuary. Memorials may be directed to the American Cancer Society with envelopes available at the mortuary.
July 31, 1941 - May 9, 2008
- Tyler Thomas Wright Tyler Thomas Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014. He was born May 14, 1991, in Howard County, to Timothy Edward and Karen Dee (Ebeling) Wright.A 2010 graduate of Rossville High School, Tyler worked on the family farm with his dad as
- Funeral listings, July 22, 2014 Hoover, Kristy Kay, services are 10 a.m. today at St. John’s United Church of Christ, Boonville.Barker, Florence A. “Flossie,” services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Brauneller, Richard L. “Dick”, services
- Crystal M. Stover Crystal M. Stover, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Bringhurst, Carroll County, passed away at 11:46 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at Kindred Health Care. Crystal was born on Dec. 31, 1935, in Kansas, to the late Cyril and Edith (Abel) Wood. She married David S
- Charles M. 'Dink' Cloum Sr. Charles M. ‘Dink’ Cloum Sr., 71, formerly of Kokomo, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born the son of Elias and Bernice Cloum on July 21, 1942, in Monroe, Michigan.He is survived by his children, Jeffrey Cloum,
- M. Frances Edwards M. Frances Edwards, 67, Springport, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, Indiana. She was born April 21, 1947, in Little Rock, Arkansas, to the late TG and Lois (Bunton) Dodd. On Jan.
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Pastor Mike Ennis officiati
- Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins A celebration kicked off at 4 a.m. Saturday, July 19, 2014, in Heaven when Mable J. (Welcher) Huskins arrived on the Streets of Gold. Mable was born Sept. 24, 1939, in Kokomo, to the late Roy and Helena J. Welcher. Her marriage to George B. Huskins,
- Funerals, July 21, 2014 Robertson, Kenneth H., services are 10 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville Chapel, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Edgell, Robert Stephen “Steve,” services are 11 a.m. today at Dunnichay Funeral Home, Elwood.Bottom, Don L., services are
- Paul William 'Bill' Wyant RUSSIAVILLE — Paul William “Bill” Wyant, 78, Russiaville, passed away at 3:46 a.m. on Saturday, July 19, 2014, at his home. He was born Nov. 21, 1935, in Russiaville, to Paul and Mary Elizabeth Wyant. In 1960, Bill married Janice Pearl Price, who pre
- Tyler Wright Tyler Wright, 23, Forest, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014.Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Burial will follow in St. Paul Cemetery, Forest. Friends are invited to v
- More Obituaries Headlines