July 31, 1941 - May 9, 2008
Stephen E. Funk, 66, Sharpsville, died 8:25 p.m. Friday, May 9, 2008, at his home with his wife by his side, after fighting a lengthy battle with lung cancer. He was born July 31, 1941, in Shelbyville, Ill., the son of the late Kenneth and Orah (Downs) Funk.
He was an Eagle Scout, earning that recognition early in high school. In 1962, he married Carolyn Brown at First Methodist Church in Shelbyville, Ill., and she survives. He was a graduate of Millikin University in Decatur, Ill., receiving his bachelor of arts degree in June of 1965. He was employed with Abbott Laboratories of North Chicago, as a professional hospital representative, serving the central Indiana sales district. He retired in June of 1999 after 28 years of service.
He was the past master of Sharpsville Reserve Lodge 363 F. & A.M. He was the first judge of the Sharpsville Town Court, served on the Sharpsville town board as president and board member for multiple terms, was the Sharpsville girls softball coach and umpire for several seasons, was in the couples Bridge Club of Kokomo for 35 years, enjoyed golf, bowling and tennis in which he had won several tournaments in doubles, a Colts and sports fan, which he attended many local sporting events, an avid reader, and loved to work the New York Times crosswords.
Survivors include his wife of 46 years, Carolyn Funk; two daughters, Laura (husband, David) Frank, Boston, and Diane (husband, Matt) Snyder, Kokomo; one sister, Gloria Weakley, Oak Park, Ill.; two grandchildren, Elaina Grace Snyder and Jack Matthew Snyder, both of Kokomo; one niece, Kim Switzer, Oak Park, Ill.; and one nephew Kent Weakley, Taos, N.M.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one infant sister, Lois Jean Funk.
Services are 10 a.m. Wednesday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., with Pastor Dale Bliss officiating. Burial will follow in Sharpsville Cemetery. The family will receive friends 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the mortuary. A Masonic service will be held Tuesday evening at the mortuary. Memorials may be directed to the American Cancer Society with envelopes available at the mortuary.
July 31, 1941 - May 9, 2008
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines