Dec. 29, 1919 - July 3, 2008
Edith Marie Grisamore, 88, Kokomo, died at 3:30 a.m. Thursday, July 3, 2008, at the home of a daughter. She was born Dec. 29, 1919, in Rush County, the daughter of Frank and Martha (Rockey) Wallace. She was one of several siblings and the last to survive. She married George W. Grisamore on Feb. 9,1940, in Kokomo, at the home of Rev. McFarland Smith. Her husband preceded her in death on May 26, 1991.
She was employed as a matron for the Kokomo Center Township School Corp., at Darrough Chapel School until her retirement. She was a life member of the VFW Auxiliary, Post 1152.
Edith was an inspiration to her family for her genuine love for life exhibited even in her declining years. She enjoyed being outdoors and loved sitting around a campfire with family and friends after a day of fishing.
Her hobby was crocheting afghans and she shared those with family and friends. She possessed an extensive collection of old cowboy movies and especially enjoyed watching her heroes, John Wayne, “The Duke” and Roy Rogers conquering evil in those movies.
Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Carolyn and Harold Hicks, Alpha, Ky., Georgia and Hershel Crain and RuthAnn and Richard Conwell, all of Kokomo; grandchildren, Samuel Johnson, Brenda Guffey, and her husband Dillard, Linda Locklear, Kenneth Johnson, Danny Joe Johnson, Herschel Crain Jr., Tracy Chauvaux and her husband Rick, Cindy Crain, Mark Crain, John Crain, Jr., and his companion Pam, and Teresa Thor and her husband Terry; step-grandchildren, Christopher Conwell and Kelly Evans; 19 great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, one grandchild and several brothers and sisters.
A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Shirley and Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Edith’s grandson-in-law, Dillard Guffey, officiating. Burial will follow in Crown Point Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 4 until 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 29, 1919 - July 3, 2008
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- Funeral listings, July 29, 2014 Holmes, Imogene R. (Lett), services are 10 a.m. today at West Street Christian Church, Tipton.Jackson, Linda, services are 1 p.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Esslinger, Hassie M., services are 1 p.m. today at Shirl
- Cathy J. Spivey Cathy J. Spivey, 66, Panama City, Florida, and formerly of Elwood, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, surrounded by her loving family, following a brief illness.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 3
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo, with her loving children by her side.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Hom
- More Obituaries Headlines