Dec. 29, 1919 - July 3, 2008
Edith Marie Grisamore, 88, Kokomo, died at 3:30 a.m. Thursday, July 3, 2008, at the home of a daughter. She was born Dec. 29, 1919, in Rush County, the daughter of Frank and Martha (Rockey) Wallace. She was one of several siblings and the last to survive. She married George W. Grisamore on Feb. 9,1940, in Kokomo, at the home of Rev. McFarland Smith. Her husband preceded her in death on May 26, 1991.
She was employed as a matron for the Kokomo Center Township School Corp., at Darrough Chapel School until her retirement. She was a life member of the VFW Auxiliary, Post 1152.
Edith was an inspiration to her family for her genuine love for life exhibited even in her declining years. She enjoyed being outdoors and loved sitting around a campfire with family and friends after a day of fishing.
Her hobby was crocheting afghans and she shared those with family and friends. She possessed an extensive collection of old cowboy movies and especially enjoyed watching her heroes, John Wayne, “The Duke” and Roy Rogers conquering evil in those movies.
Survivors include three daughters and sons-in-law, Carolyn and Harold Hicks, Alpha, Ky., Georgia and Hershel Crain and RuthAnn and Richard Conwell, all of Kokomo; grandchildren, Samuel Johnson, Brenda Guffey, and her husband Dillard, Linda Locklear, Kenneth Johnson, Danny Joe Johnson, Herschel Crain Jr., Tracy Chauvaux and her husband Rick, Cindy Crain, Mark Crain, John Crain, Jr., and his companion Pam, and Teresa Thor and her husband Terry; step-grandchildren, Christopher Conwell and Kelly Evans; 19 great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, one grandchild and several brothers and sisters.
A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Shirley and Stout Funeral Home, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road, with Edith’s grandson-in-law, Dillard Guffey, officiating. Burial will follow in Crown Point Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 4 until 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.shirleyandstout.com.
Dec. 29, 1919 - July 3, 2008
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines