March 4, 1916 - Sept. 4, 2008
Ida E. (Patoux) Schleeter-Sackett, 92, Kokomo, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 4, 2008, at Howard Regional Health System. She was born March 4, 1916, in Hartford City, to Henry and Ruby (Barnes) Patoux. She married William Schleeter, and he preceded her in death on July 3, 1983. She later married Arnold Sackett, and he preceded her in death on May 18, 1992.
She had worked as a matron at Maple Crest School, retiring in 1980. She also worked at St. Joseph Hospital as a secretary in the lab, at Holy Cross School of Nursing as a house mother, and at the Kokomo Tribune in the circulation department. She was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church for 72 years, the St. Patrick Rosary Society, the Phi Beta Si Sorority, and the Senior Citizen’s Group in Kokomo. She was known to many as the candy lady. She always sent everyone in the family $5 for Christmas, and this gift will be greatly missed each Christmas.
Survivors include two sons, John P. Schleeter and his wife, Deanna, Westfield, and Phillip W. Schleeter and his wife, Cheryle, Kokomo; two daughters, Judie Shannonhouse, Kokomo, and Rita Brock and her husband, James, Kokomo; 11 grandchildren, Ed Shannonhouse and his wife, Polly, Greentown, Kelly (Shannonhouse) LaLonde and her husband, Sebastin, Ottawa, Ontario, Lori (Shannonhouse) Burns and her husband, Scott, Fort Wayne, Angela Brock and Carla Quental, Waynesboro, Penn., Andy Brock and his wife, Toni, Bunker Hill, Tom Brock and his wife, Lori, Kokomo, Christine (Schleeter) VanDam and her husband, Vince, Noblesville, Julie (Schleeter) Goad and her husband, Jeffrey, Noblesville, Ryan Schleeter and his wife, Stacy, Noblesville, Molly (Schleeter) Bell and her husband, Douglas Bell, Milwaukee, Wis., and Bryan Schleeter, San Mateo, Calif.; 22 great-grandchildren; and many beloved nieces and nephews.
In addition to her two husbands, she was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Anthony Patoux and Richard Patoux; and one sister, Betty Coates.
March 4, 1916 - Sept. 4, 2008
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- More Obituaries Headlines