May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines