May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines