May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Leo J. Kuchnicki Leo J. Kuchnicki, 92, Kokomo, passed away at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Northwoods Village. He was born the son of Thomas and Marv (Soltysiak) Kuchnicki on Aug. 18, 1921, in Alpena, Mich. On Jan. 18, 1944, he married Helen St. John, and she
- Funeral listings, Dec. 7, 2013 Coverdale, Edna M., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Hipes, Virgil Everett, service are 11 a.m. today at Kirby & Family Funeral Home Chapel, Mountain Home, Ark. Voris, Merle M., services are 2 p.m. tod
- John L. Osborne Jr. John Lee Osborne Jr., 70, Sebring, Fla., and formerly of Kokomo and Naples, Fla., passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Good Shepherd Hospice with the support of his family. John fought a four-year battle with lung cancer. He was born April 22, 1943,
- Arleda Z. Jones Arleda Z. Jones, 72, Windfall, died at 3:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Windfall Christian Church, with the Rev. Carl Roudebush presiding. Burial will follow in Brookside Ce
- SFC Jim Vester SFC Jim Vester, 32, Lizton, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013. He was born Aug. 25, 1981, in Muncie, the son of Walter and Janice (Bir) Vester. He married Jamie (Green) Vester June 11, 2005, in Kokomo. He and Jamie welcomed their son, Gavin Lee Ves
- Robert E. Trapp Robert E. Trapp, 81, died at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W Main St., Peru. Friends may call from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at t
- Kathy Brockett Kathy Brockett, 66, Bloomington and formerly of Tipton and Kokomo, died at 6:56 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born Oct. 25, 1947, in Elwood, to Richard and Wilna (Hunter) Warfel. Kathy was a 1965 graduate of
- Wilma Cochran Wilma Cochran, 50, formerly of Peru, passed away at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at the University Medical Center, Jackson, Miss. Funeral arrangements are pending at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home. Wilma Cochran
- Brice L. Carrothers Brice L. Carrothers, 83, Peru, passed away at 8:15 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at his residence. A service celebrating the life of Brice L. Carrothers will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with Pastor
- Donald Smith Donald Smith, 76, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Sycamore Village. Services are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory. Donald Smith
- More Obituaries Headlines