May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines