May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Lois 'Jean' Winslow Lois "Jean" Winslow, 91, Kokomo, passed peacefully from Earth to heaven at 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Heritage Pointe, Warren, surrounded by her husband, children and granddaughter, Andrea. She was born Sept. 30, 1922, in Kokomo, to Charle
- Funerals Moore, Reta Gail, services are 11 a.m. today at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Boulevard E. Brooks, Thomas Eugene, services are 1 p.m. today at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Monize, Alfred N., services are 1 p.m. today at Hasler &
- Theresa Ann Young Theresa Ann Young, 53, Kokomo, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, in the emergency room at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born Sept. 18, 1961, in Lima, Ohio, the daughter of Fred Young Jr. and Ruthie Lee Johnson. Theresa was a homemaker and a member o
- Barbara Ellen Eades Barbara Ellen Eades, 81, Greentown, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born July 16, 1932, in Kokomo, to Edgar and Hester (Dillman) Campbell. On Jan. 1, 1955, she married John W. Eades, Sr., and he survives. She had
- R. Kent Floyd R. Kent Floyd, 71, Anderson, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. He was born Jan. 3, 1943, in Anderson, the son of Leroy and Dena Mae (Gross) Floyd. Kent was a graduate of Prairie Hig
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- More Obituaries Headlines