May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
Robert R. “Robbie” Vandergriff Jr. 18, Kokomo, died Friday, Sept. 19, 2008, at 10:30 p.m. at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. He was born May 30, 1990, in Kokomo, the son of Robert R. and Rosa M. (Cohen) Vandergriff Sr.
Robbie was a student at Kokomo High School and attended Temple Baptist Church. He was involved with weight lifting, physical fitness and enjoyed outdoor activities, especially fishing with family and friends. As a youngster, he was active with youth baseball.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Robert R. Vandergriff Sr. and his wife, Patty; his mother; Rosa M. Vandergriff; his maternal grandmother, Ida Cohen; paternal grandparents, Ray and Becky Vandergriff; three brothers, Karl Cohen, Jace Vandergriff and Travis Vandergriff and his wife Angie, all of Kokomo; two sisters, Amanda Plake and her husband Gene, Kokomo, and Ashley Murphy, St. Angelo, Texas; one nephew, Ethan Vandergriff; two nieces, Allyson Vandergriff and Olivia Plake; and a host of beloved extended family including aunts, uncles, and cousins. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and a sister.
Funeral services are 2 p.m. Wednesday at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home, Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St., with Dr. Mike Holloway officiating. Burial will follow at Crown Point Cemetery. Friends may call noon until service time Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to help with final expenses. Online condolences may be left at www.shirleyandstout.com.
May 30, 1990 - Sept. 19, 2008
- Funerals, April 21, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Washam, William G. 'Willie', services wil
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, at IU Health Tipton in Tipton. He was born Dec. 23, 1952, in Tipton, to Floyd and Roxie (Blythe) Emberton. On March 11, 1972, David married Debbie Arnett and they had shared 42 years
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- James R. Lutz James R. Lutz, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 5:10 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. Jim was born Sept. 8, 1941, in Elizabethtown, Ky., to John and Stella (Cartwright) Lutz. In 1961, he married Shirley L. (Mi
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- More Obituaries Headlines