March 9, 1932 - Oct. 17, 2008
James Riley Harlow, 76, Tipton, died at 8:10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 17, 2008, at Tipton Hospital. He was born March 9, 1932, in Tipton County, the son of William and May (Carmony) Harlow. He married Carolyn Sue (Welcher) on Dec. 18, 1953. She survives.
He was a farmer all of his life, a bus driver for Northern Community School for 36 years, and sold insurance for Harlow Insurance for many years. He graduated from Prairie High School in 1950 as the valedictorian of his class.
He served in the U.S. Marines during the Korean Conflict 1951 to 1953. He was a deacon and moderator of Rock Prairie Baptist Church at Tipton, served eight years on the Tipton County Memorial Hospital Board, two terms on the Tipton County Council and served on the Tipton County Health Board.
He loved to write poems, sing, worship the Lord, and spend time with his family.
Survivors are his wife, Carolyn Sue Harlow, Tipton; three sons, Jeff (Becky) Harlow, Brian (Rachelle) Harlow and Mike (Cris) Harlow, all of Tipton; two daughters, Bethany (Mike) Taylor, Tipton, and Marcia (Tony) McCauley, Sharpsville; 18 grandchildren, Richard Harlow, Tipton, Will (Tricia) Harlow, Tipton, Leslie (Curt) Raab, Tipton, Jessica (Josh) Kluetz, Chicago, Jennifer (Dave) Conrad, Lebanon, Adrianne Harlow, Greenville, Tenn.; Ben Harlow, Tipton and his fiancee, Jenee Elkins, California; Shanna (Nate) Conner, Fort Wayne, Nicole (BJ) Dunham, Noblesville, Alisha (Trenton) Casler, Kokomo, Marci (Brian) Strebin, Kokomo, Jake Taylor, Tipton, Andrew (Natalie) McCauley, Kokomo, Katrina (Tom) Elliott, Brookston, John Harlow, Luke Harlow, Elizabeth Harlow and Emily Harlow, all of Tipton; 11 great-grandchildren, Maisy Harlow, Hattie Harlow, Aiden Raab, Jonah Raab, Camden Raab, Lauren Conrad, Alex Dunham, Tate Strebin, Andrew Joyce, Sophie Elliott, and Oliver Elliott; and a sister, Miriam Jean Rinehart, Kokomo.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Wilmer Harlow.
A Celebration of Life services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Crossroads Community Church, Ind. 26 and U.S. 31. Pastor Jeff Harlow and Pastor Kevin Carr will officiate. Burial will follow in Normanda Cemetery with military rites. Friends may call from 2 to 8 p.m. today at the church.
March 9, 1932 - Oct. 17, 2008
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- Ruth Brackney Ruth Brackney, 88, Zeeland, Michigan, passed away Thursday, June 19, 2014. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, in Kokomo. To view a complete obituary or to share a memory or photo and to sign the family’s online guest book, visit www.s
- Thelma Gibson Feb. 17, 1920 - Aug. 18, 2014 Thelma Gibson, 94, Kokomo, passed away at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at her home with her daughters by her side. She was born the daughter of Edward and Maud (Wignall) Goodchild on Feb. 17, 1920, in London, England. I
- Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie March 25, 1939 - Aug. 17, 2014 Wanda Marie (Hayes) Kinzie, 75, Bunker Hill, passed away at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health in Kokomo, surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Ludington, Michigan, March 25, 1
- Funeral listings, Aug. 19, 2014 Long, Thomas Earl, services are 10 a.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.Williams, the Rev. Harold E., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 700 Southway Blvd. E
- Joseph William Francis Flood Jr. Feb. 24, 1936 - Aug. 16, 2014 Joseph William Francis Flood Jr., 78, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 24, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Joseph W. and Regina (McDonough) Flood. On Dec. 8, 1956, he
- More Obituaries Headlines