July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
Betty Jean Dusky, 84, Romney, formerly of Kokomo, died at 8:23 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Lafayette. Born July 1, 1924, in Kokomo, she was the daughter of the late Guy Smillie and Pansy (Smith). She married Albert Milford Gordon Sr., who preceded her in death. She then married Delbert William Dusky, who also preceded her in death.
She worked for Cuneo Press in the cafeteria for eight years before retiring. She loved painting, cross-stitch, collecting what-nots, and spending time with her family.
She is survived by four sons, Robert Ray and wife Donna Gordon Sr., Rochester, Thomas D. and wife Alice Gordon, Kokomo, Joseph and wife Lillie Gordon, Romney, Terry and wife Katie Dusky, Kentucky; two daughters, Pansy and husband Glen Tharp and Pearl Steele and companion Pat Young, both of Kokomo; one brother, Joe Smillie, Florida; and one sister, Patricia Price, Alabama. There are also over 150 grand, great-grand, and great-great-grandchildren surviving.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Albert Milford Gordon Jr. and Malcolm Eugene Gordon; and three sisters, Helen Bentley, Thersia Bennett, and Frances Benzinger.
Services are 10 a.m. today in Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. The Rev. Ken Spangler will officiate. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 9 to 10 a.m. today at the mortuary.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines