July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
Betty Jean Dusky, 84, Romney, formerly of Kokomo, died at 8:23 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Lafayette. Born July 1, 1924, in Kokomo, she was the daughter of the late Guy Smillie and Pansy (Smith). She married Albert Milford Gordon Sr., who preceded her in death. She then married Delbert William Dusky, who also preceded her in death.
She worked for Cuneo Press in the cafeteria for eight years before retiring. She loved painting, cross-stitch, collecting what-nots, and spending time with her family.
She is survived by four sons, Robert Ray and wife Donna Gordon Sr., Rochester, Thomas D. and wife Alice Gordon, Kokomo, Joseph and wife Lillie Gordon, Romney, Terry and wife Katie Dusky, Kentucky; two daughters, Pansy and husband Glen Tharp and Pearl Steele and companion Pat Young, both of Kokomo; one brother, Joe Smillie, Florida; and one sister, Patricia Price, Alabama. There are also over 150 grand, great-grand, and great-great-grandchildren surviving.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Albert Milford Gordon Jr. and Malcolm Eugene Gordon; and three sisters, Helen Bentley, Thersia Bennett, and Frances Benzinger.
Services are 10 a.m. today in Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. The Rev. Ken Spangler will officiate. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 9 to 10 a.m. today at the mortuary.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines