July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
Betty Jean Dusky, 84, Romney, formerly of Kokomo, died at 8:23 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Lafayette. Born July 1, 1924, in Kokomo, she was the daughter of the late Guy Smillie and Pansy (Smith). She married Albert Milford Gordon Sr., who preceded her in death. She then married Delbert William Dusky, who also preceded her in death.
She worked for Cuneo Press in the cafeteria for eight years before retiring. She loved painting, cross-stitch, collecting what-nots, and spending time with her family.
She is survived by four sons, Robert Ray and wife Donna Gordon Sr., Rochester, Thomas D. and wife Alice Gordon, Kokomo, Joseph and wife Lillie Gordon, Romney, Terry and wife Katie Dusky, Kentucky; two daughters, Pansy and husband Glen Tharp and Pearl Steele and companion Pat Young, both of Kokomo; one brother, Joe Smillie, Florida; and one sister, Patricia Price, Alabama. There are also over 150 grand, great-grand, and great-great-grandchildren surviving.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Albert Milford Gordon Jr. and Malcolm Eugene Gordon; and three sisters, Helen Bentley, Thersia Bennett, and Frances Benzinger.
Services are 10 a.m. today in Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. The Rev. Ken Spangler will officiate. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 9 to 10 a.m. today at the mortuary.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- Funerals Nickels, Ronald J. "Nick," services are 10:30 a.m. today Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, Lincoln Road Chapel, 1315 W. Lincoln Road. Foard, Sister Georgia F., a memorial service is 11 a.m. today in New Hope Full Gospel Church, 501 N. McCan
- William 'Willie' Washam William "Willie" Washam, 84, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Arrangements are pending at Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. William 'Willie' Washam
- Ronald Lee Galloway Ronald Lee Galloway, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 8:16 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his residence. Born June 1, 1934, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Frank Gordon and Cora (Rush) Gordon. He was a 1952 graduate of Northwestern High School. O
- Maudie Ellen Sanders Maudie Ellen Sanders, 69, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Oct. 5, 1944, in Sullivan County, Kingsport, Tenn., to Bascom Harold and Garnett (Stiltner) Sisk. On Oct. 14, 1964, in Gate City, Va., she married Richar
- Vicky Irene Woodbury Vicky Irene Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbur
- William 'Bill' Moore William "Bill" Moore, 66, Kokomo, died at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. There will be a memorial service scheduled at a later date. Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel is assisting the family with arrangements
- More Obituaries Headlines