July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
Betty Jean Dusky, 84, Romney, formerly of Kokomo, died at 8:23 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Lafayette. Born July 1, 1924, in Kokomo, she was the daughter of the late Guy Smillie and Pansy (Smith). She married Albert Milford Gordon Sr., who preceded her in death. She then married Delbert William Dusky, who also preceded her in death.
She worked for Cuneo Press in the cafeteria for eight years before retiring. She loved painting, cross-stitch, collecting what-nots, and spending time with her family.
She is survived by four sons, Robert Ray and wife Donna Gordon Sr., Rochester, Thomas D. and wife Alice Gordon, Kokomo, Joseph and wife Lillie Gordon, Romney, Terry and wife Katie Dusky, Kentucky; two daughters, Pansy and husband Glen Tharp and Pearl Steele and companion Pat Young, both of Kokomo; one brother, Joe Smillie, Florida; and one sister, Patricia Price, Alabama. There are also over 150 grand, great-grand, and great-great-grandchildren surviving.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Albert Milford Gordon Jr. and Malcolm Eugene Gordon; and three sisters, Helen Bentley, Thersia Bennett, and Frances Benzinger.
Services are 10 a.m. today in Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. The Rev. Ken Spangler will officiate. Burial will follow in Albright Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 9 to 10 a.m. today at the mortuary.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
July 1, 1924 - Nov. 3, 2008
- Funeral listings, Aug. 21, 2014 Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are 10 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru. Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” services are 11 a.m. today at Flora Christian Church.Gibson, Thelma, services are at 1 p.m. today at Shirley &
- Carol Wright Carol Wright, 76, Frankfort, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 8, 1937, in Indianapolis, to David Thornton and Hazel M. Burton Weaver; her mother survives. On Oct. 22, she married Ronald P. Wright, sharing over 60 yea
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born the daughter of Warren and Mary (Clark) Quakenbush on April 22, 1932, in Russiaville. On May 31, 1953, she married Eugene
- Marvin Ross Oberholtzer Marvin Ross Oberholtzer, 77, Bradenton, Florida, died Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. Born in Clay City, Indiana, he moved to Bradenton in 1991 from Kokomo and was a member of Trailer Estates Covenant Church. He retired from AT&T in Kokomo. He liked bluegras
- Roy Max Brown Roy Max Brown, 75, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014. He was born Nov. 22, 1938, to Robert E. and Grace Brown in Miami County.He retired May 31, 1994 from Chrysler Corp. in Kokomo. He moved from the Kokomo area to Lake Palestine in Kosciusko County
- Annie Laurie Douglas Jan. 18, 1922 - Aug. 17, 2014 Annie Laurie Douglas, 92, a former Scircleville resident, died at 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Warsaw. She was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Beaumont, Kentucky, to Guy L. and Lillian C. (Williams) Knip
- Funeral listings, Aug. 20, 2014 Burns, Jackie Lee, services are 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Miller, Richard Carl, funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, 105 W. Third St., Peru.Helvie, William Lee “Bill,” servic
- Eleanor Martin Eleanor Martin, 82, Russiaville, passed away at 3:42 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville, with Pastor Bill Martin officia
- Thomas 'Tom' R. Faunce July 11, 1935 - Aug. 17, 2014Thomas “Tom” R. Faunce, 79, Kokomo, passed away at 10 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born July 11, 1935, in Kokomo. His grandparents, William and Goldie Summers, raised him. On Sept. 1, 1956, Tom married
- Bee W. Snow Bee W. Snow, daughter of Clyde and Harriet West (Van Benthuysen), passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at the age of 94. She was a resident at The Wellington at Kokomo. She was married to Burnill L. Snow on Dec. 31, 1936, and he preceded her in deat
- More Obituaries Headlines