Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
Steven F. Hembree, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at his residence. Steven was born Aug. 1, 1947, to the late Theodore F. Hembree and Betty A. (Rader) Hayes in Concord, Calif. On June 20, 1992, he married Brenda L. Addison, who survives him.
Steven loved to bowl, golf, and enjoyed anything that had to do with the outdoors. He was a member of the USBC, VFW, Eagles, and the American Legion Post 6. He worked for Chrysler for 28 years before retiring. He was also a carpenter who built many homes in the Kokomo area.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Jackie Branch (Scott), Michele Pena (Luis), and Donna Ridgeway (Patrick); a brother, Jeffrey Martin; three sisters, Sherri Davenport, Susan Charvat (Jerry), Karla Johnson (James); eight grandchildren, Joe and Kaile Branch, Ashley and Jake Ridgeway, and Karah, Kassandra, L.J., and Curtis Pena; one great-grandchild, Wyatt Ridgeway; nieces, Kamie Hall and Sequoia Breedlove; nephews, Chad, Tony, and Josh Dunson.
He was preceded in death by a brother David Keeling.
Services are 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., with burial at Sunset Memory Gardens. Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the mortuary. There will be full military honors from the U.S. Army and the Kokomo Military Rites Team.
Online condolences may be made to the Hembree family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
- Funeral listings, Aug. 23, 2014 Martin, Eleanor, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville. Benedict, Terry Alan “Jake” Sr., a celebration of life is noon today at the Bethlehem United Methodist Church, E. County Road 625 North, Twelve Mil
- Clair Andrew Noftsger Nov. 29, 1936 - Aug. 21, 2014Clair Andrew Noftsger, 77, LanePark Retirement Village, Sidney, Ohio, passed away peacefully Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at his residence. Clair was born Nov. 29, 1936, in Rochester, Indiana, to the late Frank and Burnette (
- Virginia Mae Williams June 25, 1929 - Aug. 21, 2014Virginia Mae Williams, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 2:49 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born June 25, 1929, in Charleston, Illinois, she was the daughter of the late Howard Keith Hutton and Ma
- Elpha B. Cover Elpha B. Cover, 101, a lifelong resident of Denver, Indiana, passed away at 10:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Hickory Creek Nursing Home in Peru.Funeral services will be at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014, at McClain Funeral Home, Denver, with
- Ruby E. Krise Ruby E. Krise, 100, Kokomo, died at 7:16 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, at Wellbrooke of Kokomo. Funeral arrangements are pending at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory, 1315 W. Lincoln Road.
- Gifford M. Cox Gifford M. Cox, 96, Kokomo, passed away at 5 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, 2014, at Sycamore Village Golden Living Center, Kokomo. There will be a funeral service for Gifford at 4 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., wit
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- More Obituaries Headlines