Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
Steven F. Hembree, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at his residence. Steven was born Aug. 1, 1947, to the late Theodore F. Hembree and Betty A. (Rader) Hayes in Concord, Calif. On June 20, 1992, he married Brenda L. Addison, who survives him.
Steven loved to bowl, golf, and enjoyed anything that had to do with the outdoors. He was a member of the USBC, VFW, Eagles, and the American Legion Post 6. He worked for Chrysler for 28 years before retiring. He was also a carpenter who built many homes in the Kokomo area.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Jackie Branch (Scott), Michele Pena (Luis), and Donna Ridgeway (Patrick); a brother, Jeffrey Martin; three sisters, Sherri Davenport, Susan Charvat (Jerry), Karla Johnson (James); eight grandchildren, Joe and Kaile Branch, Ashley and Jake Ridgeway, and Karah, Kassandra, L.J., and Curtis Pena; one great-grandchild, Wyatt Ridgeway; nieces, Kamie Hall and Sequoia Breedlove; nephews, Chad, Tony, and Josh Dunson.
He was preceded in death by a brother David Keeling.
Services are 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., with burial at Sunset Memory Gardens. Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the mortuary. There will be full military honors from the U.S. Army and the Kokomo Military Rites Team.
Online condolences may be made to the Hembree family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
- Helen Elnora Long Guynn Helen Elnora Long Guynn, 86, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014, at her residence. Helen Elnora (Long) Guynn went home to be with the Lord on July 19, 2014. She was born April 1, 1928, in Owensboro, Kentucky, to the late Albert Long and Alice (Clark
- Larry E. Bradley Jr. Larry E. Bradley Jr., 41, Kokomo, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. He was born the son of Larry E. and Anna L. (Rawls) Bradley in Tipton on April 4, 1973.Larry was the manager of Rackem Billiards. He previously
- Funeral listings, July 24, 2014 Stover, Crystal M., services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St.Wright, Tyler, services are 11 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.Taylor, Carroll Ray “C.R.” Bill, services are 11
- Mary Jackson Mary Jackson, 79, Russiaville, passed away at 2:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in her home.Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital.A private family gathering was held Wednesday. Shirley & Stout Funeral Home & Crematory Lincoln Road Chapel assisted the family with arrangements. Messages of condole
- Mary Rosalene McElfresh Mary Rosalene McElfresh, 81, Kokomo, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Reflections at Wellington.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, with Pastor Mitch Norwood officiating. Burial will fol
- Paula M. Brittain Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with John Clark officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery. Friends may call fr
- Donnie Robert Gibson Donnie Robert Gibson, 67, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Hospice of Northern Colorado in Greeley. Donnie was born on Aug. 18, 1946, in Kokomo, Indiana, to the Rev. Hascue William and Betty Palmer (Short) Gibson.Donnie was
- Reba A. Stout Reba A. Stout, 99, Russiaville, died peacefully at 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital with her family at her side. She was born July 1, 1915, in Howard County, the daughter of Benjamin and Wilma (Rich) Tucker. On June 19, 1935,
- Margaret Jane Stroup Margaret Jane Stroup, Eaton Rapids, Michigan, formerly of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at age 97. She was born in Howard County, Indiana, June 1, 1917, the daughter of Ora and Golda (Caldwell) Nixon. Margaret marri
- More Obituaries Headlines