Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
Steven F. Hembree, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 1 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at his residence. Steven was born Aug. 1, 1947, to the late Theodore F. Hembree and Betty A. (Rader) Hayes in Concord, Calif. On June 20, 1992, he married Brenda L. Addison, who survives him.
Steven loved to bowl, golf, and enjoyed anything that had to do with the outdoors. He was a member of the USBC, VFW, Eagles, and the American Legion Post 6. He worked for Chrysler for 28 years before retiring. He was also a carpenter who built many homes in the Kokomo area.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Jackie Branch (Scott), Michele Pena (Luis), and Donna Ridgeway (Patrick); a brother, Jeffrey Martin; three sisters, Sherri Davenport, Susan Charvat (Jerry), Karla Johnson (James); eight grandchildren, Joe and Kaile Branch, Ashley and Jake Ridgeway, and Karah, Kassandra, L.J., and Curtis Pena; one great-grandchild, Wyatt Ridgeway; nieces, Kamie Hall and Sequoia Breedlove; nephews, Chad, Tony, and Josh Dunson.
He was preceded in death by a brother David Keeling.
Services are 1 p.m. Saturday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., with burial at Sunset Memory Gardens. Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the mortuary. There will be full military honors from the U.S. Army and the Kokomo Military Rites Team.
Online condolences may be made to the Hembree family at www.ellersmortuary.com.
Aug. 1, 1947 - Sept. 30, 2009
- Shirley A. Water Shirley A. Water, 68, Kokomo, died at 2:15 a.m. Friday, March7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home. Shirley A. Water
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born April 20, 1920, near Greentown. His parents were Raymond Issac and Susie G. (Synder) Hill, both deceased. He and June E. Brown w
- Herbert Ford Herbert Ford, 73, Walton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Cass County due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Per Herbert's wishes, there will be no services. Hartzler-Clapper Funeral Home of Brookston is entrusted with care. Share mem
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital, Noblesville. Visitation is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. the same da
- Mary Louise Newby Mary Louise Newby, 85, died at 5:56 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at North Woods Village. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Burial will follow at New London Ceme
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, Kokomo, died at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Servi
- Jerolyn R. Blessing Jerolyn R. Blessing, 80, Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Jerolyn R. Blessing
- Funerals Rogers, Stephen P. II, a celebration of life is 11 a.m. today at Paw Paw United Methodist Church, 7712 N. Paw Paw Pike, Denver. Amsbury, Blanche Alma, services are noon today at Leatherman-Morris-Boyer Funeral Home, 314 N. Main St., Tipton. Bauer, Ka
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- More Obituaries Headlines