June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
Hardy Nix, 76, Indianapolis, passed away at 12:19 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospital, Carmel.
Hardy Nix was born on June 4, 1933, the son of Telmon Boyd Nix and Versie Clemons Nix in Mount Vernon, Ark. He was a laborer at Delco Electronics, retiring in 2001. He attended Second Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo, and was a member of the UAW Local 292, American Legion Post 177, and a Mason. He was an avid fisher and coin collector.
His wife, Catherine Nix; mother, Versie Nix; son, Christopher A. Nix; sister, Vernell Smith; brothers-in-law, Elder Earvin R. Cummings, Rev. Simon Washington, Gus D. Ealy, Sherman Smith; and mother-in-law, Mackie Carson Carter preceded him in death.
He is survived by his wife Kathi Jo Nix, Indianapolis; sons, Karl L. Nix (Barbara), Kokomo, Raymond J. Nix, Indianapolis; father, Telmon Boyd Nix, Mt. Vernon, Ark.; sisters, Pearl Joyce Washington, Ontario, Calif., Lou Ann Cummings, Kokomo, Alicesteen Peevy (Orelious), Diamond Bar, Calif.; brothers, Elwood Nix (Bettie), Little Rock, Ark., Harvey Lee Nix (Claudia), Kokomo, Earl Ray Nix (Inagean), Little Rock, Ark., Telmon Alfard Nix (Brenda), Kokomo, Woodrow Nix (Billie Jean), Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Raymond Carter; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren; and loving family dog, Tippy.
Services are 11 a.m. Saturday at New Testament Apostolic Church, 3041 Westmoor Drive, Kokomo. Bishop James E. Daughtry II, will be the officant and eulogist. Visitation is 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Eastside Baptist Church, 2845 Baltimore Ave., Indianapolis, and 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday at the church. Burial is at Crown Point Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at williamsandbluitt.com.
June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
- Kelley L. Kilfoil Kelley L. Kilfoil, 42, Tipton, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral arrangements are pending at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, and will be updated at www.young-nichols.com when they are available. Ke
- Funerals Harris, Dr. David J. Sr., services are 1 p.m. today at the Woodland Church of God, 3401 S. Webster St. Keller, Retired Master Chief Jackie, services are 1 p.m. today at Shirley & Stout Funeral Home Jefferson Street Chapel, 414 W. Jefferson St. Yentes
- Sue Fair Sue Fair, Lake Bruce, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at her residence. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church at Lake Bruce, with Pastors Adam Packer and Todd Wilson officiating. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas 'Tom' McKay Thomas "Tom" McKay, 64, Kokomo, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Wishard Memorial Hospital, Indianapolis. Tom was born July 20, 1949, in Kokomo to the late Robert and Goldie (Stricklett) McKay. On Aug. 9, 1968, Tom married his wife of 43 years,
- Francis Emery Lord Francis Emery Lord, 96, Swayzee, went home to be with the Lord on Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013. He was residing in Century Villa Health Care in Greentown and passed away peacefully with his son at his side. He was the son of Zora Shr
- Mary Alice Harper Mary Alice Harper, 90, Kokomo, died at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at Kindred Place of Kokomo, where she had been a resident for several weeks. Born April 9, 1923, in Carroll County, she was the daughter of Roy Monroe and Inah Jane (Mc Math) Caldwe
- John Temoney Jr. John Temoney Jr., 66, passed away Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at New Hanover Hospital in Wilmington, N.C. He was born to John Sr. and Verlie Watson Temoney in Wilmington, where he also grew up. There, he graduated from Williston Senior High School in 1966
- Elsie Newhouse Elsie Newhouse, 83, Kokomo, died at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home, Russiaville. Elsie Newhouse
- Robert E. Trapp Robert E. Trapp, 81, Peru, died at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, Peru. Robert E. Trapp
- Virgil Everett Hipes Virgil Everett Hipes, 91, Mountain Home, Ark., went to be with the Lord Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at daughter Sharon's home in Kokomo. He was born Oct. 23, 1922, in Marion to Virgil Everett and Lola (Peterman) Hipes. He resided in Mountain Home for nearl
- More Obituaries Headlines