June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
Hardy Nix, 76, Indianapolis, passed away at 12:19 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospital, Carmel.
Hardy Nix was born on June 4, 1933, the son of Telmon Boyd Nix and Versie Clemons Nix in Mount Vernon, Ark. He was a laborer at Delco Electronics, retiring in 2001. He attended Second Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo, and was a member of the UAW Local 292, American Legion Post 177, and a Mason. He was an avid fisher and coin collector.
His wife, Catherine Nix; mother, Versie Nix; son, Christopher A. Nix; sister, Vernell Smith; brothers-in-law, Elder Earvin R. Cummings, Rev. Simon Washington, Gus D. Ealy, Sherman Smith; and mother-in-law, Mackie Carson Carter preceded him in death.
He is survived by his wife Kathi Jo Nix, Indianapolis; sons, Karl L. Nix (Barbara), Kokomo, Raymond J. Nix, Indianapolis; father, Telmon Boyd Nix, Mt. Vernon, Ark.; sisters, Pearl Joyce Washington, Ontario, Calif., Lou Ann Cummings, Kokomo, Alicesteen Peevy (Orelious), Diamond Bar, Calif.; brothers, Elwood Nix (Bettie), Little Rock, Ark., Harvey Lee Nix (Claudia), Kokomo, Earl Ray Nix (Inagean), Little Rock, Ark., Telmon Alfard Nix (Brenda), Kokomo, Woodrow Nix (Billie Jean), Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Raymond Carter; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren; and loving family dog, Tippy.
Services are 11 a.m. Saturday at New Testament Apostolic Church, 3041 Westmoor Drive, Kokomo. Bishop James E. Daughtry II, will be the officant and eulogist. Visitation is 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Eastside Baptist Church, 2845 Baltimore Ave., Indianapolis, and 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday at the church. Burial is at Crown Point Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at williamsandbluitt.com.
June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
- Beverly Susan 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susan "Susie" Rayl, 84, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, with Pastor Dale Mendenhall officiating. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gar
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, Greentown, died at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Honey Creek Missionary Baptist Church, 250 Nashville St., Russiavile with the Rev. Jim Stevenso
- VickyWoodbury Vicky Woodbury, 66, Kokomo, passed away at 1:14 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Aug. 4, 1947, in Kokomo to the late Alfred and Mary (Fisher) Johnson. On April 4, 1970, she married James R. Woodbury in K
- Robert Michael Ploss Robert Michael Ploss, 75, Crossville, Tenn., and formerly of Kokomo, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born Oct. 17, 1938, in Peru, the son of Fritz and Goldie Webster Ploss. He was retired from General Motors in Kokomo, and was a lifetime
- Nora Ethel Duncan Nora Ethel Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014 at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor N
- Funerals Stewart, Elizabeth L., services are 11 a.m. today at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, 1204 W. 14th St., Marion. Woodbury, Vicky Irene, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Artrip, Brian G., serv
- Vickie Swing Vickie S. Swing, 63, Kokomo, died April 15, 2014, at her home. She was born Nov. 21, 1950, in Kokomo, the daughter of Robert Boles and Carolyn (Weaver) Mast. Vickie is a 1969 graduate of Kokomo High School. She was a homemaker who enjoyed sewing, cro
- Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell Vicki Lynn (Hight) Campbell, 61, Ryland Heights, Ky., passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Fort Thomas, Ky. She was an ordained minister and loved to sing as well as crochet and do needlework. She also loved to spend time with her children and
- Betty Jean Kaiser Betty Jean Kaiser, 81, Cicero, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Riverview Hospital at Noblesville. She was born April 21, 1932, at Cicero, to Ralph and Mary (Johnson) Mayfield. She attended Jackson Central High School. Betty was a homemaker and gre
- Brian G. Artrip Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpected early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attending Ivy Tech S
- More Obituaries Headlines