June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
Hardy Nix, 76, Indianapolis, passed away at 12:19 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospital, Carmel.
Hardy Nix was born on June 4, 1933, the son of Telmon Boyd Nix and Versie Clemons Nix in Mount Vernon, Ark. He was a laborer at Delco Electronics, retiring in 2001. He attended Second Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo, and was a member of the UAW Local 292, American Legion Post 177, and a Mason. He was an avid fisher and coin collector.
His wife, Catherine Nix; mother, Versie Nix; son, Christopher A. Nix; sister, Vernell Smith; brothers-in-law, Elder Earvin R. Cummings, Rev. Simon Washington, Gus D. Ealy, Sherman Smith; and mother-in-law, Mackie Carson Carter preceded him in death.
He is survived by his wife Kathi Jo Nix, Indianapolis; sons, Karl L. Nix (Barbara), Kokomo, Raymond J. Nix, Indianapolis; father, Telmon Boyd Nix, Mt. Vernon, Ark.; sisters, Pearl Joyce Washington, Ontario, Calif., Lou Ann Cummings, Kokomo, Alicesteen Peevy (Orelious), Diamond Bar, Calif.; brothers, Elwood Nix (Bettie), Little Rock, Ark., Harvey Lee Nix (Claudia), Kokomo, Earl Ray Nix (Inagean), Little Rock, Ark., Telmon Alfard Nix (Brenda), Kokomo, Woodrow Nix (Billie Jean), Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Raymond Carter; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren; and loving family dog, Tippy.
Services are 11 a.m. Saturday at New Testament Apostolic Church, 3041 Westmoor Drive, Kokomo. Bishop James E. Daughtry II, will be the officant and eulogist. Visitation is 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Eastside Baptist Church, 2845 Baltimore Ave., Indianapolis, and 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday at the church. Burial is at Crown Point Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at williamsandbluitt.com.
June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
- Beverly Giles Cobb SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beverly Giles Cobb, 80, Savannah, Georgia, passed away at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, Florida. She was born on Nov. 13, 1933, in Kokomo to the late Vivan and Margaret (Weaver
- Funerals, July 31, 2014 Richey, Emogene, services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.Bookwalter, Frances Juanita, services are 2 p.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver.Spivey, Cathy J., a celebration of life service is 7 p.m. to
- Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove, formerly from Kokomo, passed into heaven on Jan. 16, 2014, with her son, Matthew, and daughter, Leoma, at her side at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. She was 91 years old. A memorial of her life will be at 2 p.m. Saturd
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo and formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo, following an extended illness. Charles was born on July 19, 1931, in Elwood, to Harold and Ninez (Cook) Wilburn. On
- Funeral listings, July 30, 2014 Metcalf, John William, services are 10 a.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 750 E. Markland Ave.Shultz, Helen M., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Hodson, Harold Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary We
- Deena Lou Crawford Deena Lou Crawford, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born in Kokomo on Aug. 26, 1941, to the late Augustus and Matilda Worthy (Toney).Deena was a 1960 Kokomo High School graduate. She was als
- Marjorie A. Rayl Marjorie A. Rayl, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 9:06 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at her residence. She was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Star City, Indiana, to Henry J. Shultz and Louise (Weltzen) Shultz. On Sept. 30, 1945, in Kokomo, she married Robert F. R
- Constance 'Connie' Jean Kelly Constance “Connie” Jean Kelly, 80, Peru, passed away at 9:20 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born April 12, 1934, in Miami County, to the late John Comerford and Rose Mary (Mylet) Comerford Jarvis.She was retired from Gene
- Max V. Bitner Max V. Bitner, 84, Kempton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence.Visitation is scheduled from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Porter’s. Pastor Ed Smit
- Francis 'Tom' Eugene Knox Francis “Tom” Eugene Knox, 84, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. He was born June 21, 1930, in Vera Cruz, Indiana, to Floyd W. and Mildred D. (Gifford) Knox. On Aug. 17, 1974, he married Deloris O. Wheeler in Lafayette, and she preced
- More Obituaries Headlines