June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
Hardy Nix, 76, Indianapolis, passed away at 12:19 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospital, Carmel.
Hardy Nix was born on June 4, 1933, the son of Telmon Boyd Nix and Versie Clemons Nix in Mount Vernon, Ark. He was a laborer at Delco Electronics, retiring in 2001. He attended Second Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo, and was a member of the UAW Local 292, American Legion Post 177, and a Mason. He was an avid fisher and coin collector.
His wife, Catherine Nix; mother, Versie Nix; son, Christopher A. Nix; sister, Vernell Smith; brothers-in-law, Elder Earvin R. Cummings, Rev. Simon Washington, Gus D. Ealy, Sherman Smith; and mother-in-law, Mackie Carson Carter preceded him in death.
He is survived by his wife Kathi Jo Nix, Indianapolis; sons, Karl L. Nix (Barbara), Kokomo, Raymond J. Nix, Indianapolis; father, Telmon Boyd Nix, Mt. Vernon, Ark.; sisters, Pearl Joyce Washington, Ontario, Calif., Lou Ann Cummings, Kokomo, Alicesteen Peevy (Orelious), Diamond Bar, Calif.; brothers, Elwood Nix (Bettie), Little Rock, Ark., Harvey Lee Nix (Claudia), Kokomo, Earl Ray Nix (Inagean), Little Rock, Ark., Telmon Alfard Nix (Brenda), Kokomo, Woodrow Nix (Billie Jean), Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Raymond Carter; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren; and loving family dog, Tippy.
Services are 11 a.m. Saturday at New Testament Apostolic Church, 3041 Westmoor Drive, Kokomo. Bishop James E. Daughtry II, will be the officant and eulogist. Visitation is 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Eastside Baptist Church, 2845 Baltimore Ave., Indianapolis, and 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday at the church. Burial is at Crown Point Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at williamsandbluitt.com.
June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- Kelly Nicole Maynard Kelly Nicole Maynard, 25, passed away at 3 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at her residence. Viewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St.
- Jana Darlene Davis Jana Darlene Davis, 34, died Friday, April 18, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born the daughter of Robert Housley and Mary Davis on Oct. 11, 1979, in Kokomo. Jana was a graduate of Maconaquah High School. She enjoyed fishing, crafts, spending
- Funerals Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie," services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Road. DePoy, Ernest Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Oakes, Steve "Lt. Dan," a graveside service is 11 a.m. t
- Thomas Eugene Brooks Thomas Eugene Brooks, 78, Bringhurst, died at 6:58 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1935, in Delphi, to the late Dana and Doris Britton Brooks. His marriage was to Judith Kay Bowman in Delph
- Virginia T. Nelson Virginia T. Nelson, formerly of Kokomo, went to be with the Lord at 5:45 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014. She was born in Kokomo on Nov. 25, 1918, the daughter of the Rev. Charles and Zella Thomas. She was married on July 1, 1939, to Verlin E. Nelson,
- More Obituaries Headlines