June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
Hardy Nix, 76, Indianapolis, passed away at 12:19 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9, 2009, at St. Vincent Hospital, Carmel.
Hardy Nix was born on June 4, 1933, the son of Telmon Boyd Nix and Versie Clemons Nix in Mount Vernon, Ark. He was a laborer at Delco Electronics, retiring in 2001. He attended Second Missionary Baptist Church, Kokomo, and was a member of the UAW Local 292, American Legion Post 177, and a Mason. He was an avid fisher and coin collector.
His wife, Catherine Nix; mother, Versie Nix; son, Christopher A. Nix; sister, Vernell Smith; brothers-in-law, Elder Earvin R. Cummings, Rev. Simon Washington, Gus D. Ealy, Sherman Smith; and mother-in-law, Mackie Carson Carter preceded him in death.
He is survived by his wife Kathi Jo Nix, Indianapolis; sons, Karl L. Nix (Barbara), Kokomo, Raymond J. Nix, Indianapolis; father, Telmon Boyd Nix, Mt. Vernon, Ark.; sisters, Pearl Joyce Washington, Ontario, Calif., Lou Ann Cummings, Kokomo, Alicesteen Peevy (Orelious), Diamond Bar, Calif.; brothers, Elwood Nix (Bettie), Little Rock, Ark., Harvey Lee Nix (Claudia), Kokomo, Earl Ray Nix (Inagean), Little Rock, Ark., Telmon Alfard Nix (Brenda), Kokomo, Woodrow Nix (Billie Jean), Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Raymond Carter; four grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren; and loving family dog, Tippy.
Services are 11 a.m. Saturday at New Testament Apostolic Church, 3041 Westmoor Drive, Kokomo. Bishop James E. Daughtry II, will be the officant and eulogist. Visitation is 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Eastside Baptist Church, 2845 Baltimore Ave., Indianapolis, and 9 a.m. until the time of service Saturday at the church. Burial is at Crown Point Cemetery.
Arrangements entrusted to Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at williamsandbluitt.com.
June 4, 1933 - Nov. 9, 2009
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- Gertrude R. Townsend Gertrude R. Townsend, 91, Twelve Mile, died at 4:46 p.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Chase Center, Logansport Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Burial will follow in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Twelve Mile. V
- William Thomas Jeffers Sr. William Thomas Jeffers Sr., Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home. He was born April 10, 1932, in Kokomo, the son of Ernest G. and Iris (Swisher) Jeffers. On Dec. 21, 1952, in Kokomo, he married Marjorie Kathleen Denman, who preceded him in
- More Obituaries Headlines