Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
Suzanne Blake Sherman passed away at 12:15 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013, in Century Villa Health Care, Greentown. Suzanne was born in Chicago, Ill., on Dec. 26, 1933, to the late Powell and Carol (McCombs) Blake.
Suzanne graduated from Converse High School in 1951. She had worked at the J.P. Powell Department store in Converse and later worked at the cosmetic department at Lazarus and Elder-Beerman store in Marion. She was a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Kokomo and a former member of Mount Olive United Methodist Church of Marion.
Suzanne was active in Eastern Star where she was a 50-plus-year member and a former district deputy of Eastern Star. She loved cooking, dancing and being with family.
Surviving are her children, Keith (Linda) Eltzroth, Kokomo, Julia (Jeff) Vossler, Converse, Michael (Beth Giuliani) Miller, Indianapolis; sisters, Carolyn, California, Virginia Wennerlyn, Kokomo; John Blake, Minnesota; five grandchildren, Eric Eltzroth, Courtney Henderson, Megan Vossler, Justin Spangler and Nick Vossler; four great-grandchildren, Austin and Karlyn Vossler, Brayden and Brianna Henderson; several nieces and nephews; stepchildren, Greg (Billie) Vossler, Melinda Sherman, Tom (Gayle) Sherman, Robert (Karen) Sherman, and Steven (Kathy) Sherman; and several step-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by husbands John Eltzroth, P.J. Miller, Paul “Gene” Vossler and Jim Sherman.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday at in the Owen-Weilert-Duncan Funeral Homes, Larrison-Martin Chapel, 308 E. Marion St., Converse. Visitation will be noon to time of service Wednesday in the funeral home. Burial will be private in Converse Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to Marion-Grant County Humane Society or the American Heart Association. Online condolences may be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines