Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
Suzanne Blake Sherman passed away at 12:15 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013, in Century Villa Health Care, Greentown. Suzanne was born in Chicago, Ill., on Dec. 26, 1933, to the late Powell and Carol (McCombs) Blake.
Suzanne graduated from Converse High School in 1951. She had worked at the J.P. Powell Department store in Converse and later worked at the cosmetic department at Lazarus and Elder-Beerman store in Marion. She was a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Kokomo and a former member of Mount Olive United Methodist Church of Marion.
Suzanne was active in Eastern Star where she was a 50-plus-year member and a former district deputy of Eastern Star. She loved cooking, dancing and being with family.
Surviving are her children, Keith (Linda) Eltzroth, Kokomo, Julia (Jeff) Vossler, Converse, Michael (Beth Giuliani) Miller, Indianapolis; sisters, Carolyn, California, Virginia Wennerlyn, Kokomo; John Blake, Minnesota; five grandchildren, Eric Eltzroth, Courtney Henderson, Megan Vossler, Justin Spangler and Nick Vossler; four great-grandchildren, Austin and Karlyn Vossler, Brayden and Brianna Henderson; several nieces and nephews; stepchildren, Greg (Billie) Vossler, Melinda Sherman, Tom (Gayle) Sherman, Robert (Karen) Sherman, and Steven (Kathy) Sherman; and several step-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by husbands John Eltzroth, P.J. Miller, Paul “Gene” Vossler and Jim Sherman.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday at in the Owen-Weilert-Duncan Funeral Homes, Larrison-Martin Chapel, 308 E. Marion St., Converse. Visitation will be noon to time of service Wednesday in the funeral home. Burial will be private in Converse Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to Marion-Grant County Humane Society or the American Heart Association. Online condolences may be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- Kelly Nicole Maynard Kelly Nicole Maynard, 25, passed away at 3 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at her residence. Viewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St.
- Jana Darlene Davis Jana Darlene Davis, 34, died Friday, April 18, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born the daughter of Robert Housley and Mary Davis on Oct. 11, 1979, in Kokomo. Jana was a graduate of Maconaquah High School. She enjoyed fishing, crafts, spending
- Funerals Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie," services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Road. DePoy, Ernest Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Oakes, Steve "Lt. Dan," a graveside service is 11 a.m. t
- Thomas Eugene Brooks Thomas Eugene Brooks, 78, Bringhurst, died at 6:58 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1935, in Delphi, to the late Dana and Doris Britton Brooks. His marriage was to Judith Kay Bowman in Delph
- Virginia T. Nelson Virginia T. Nelson, formerly of Kokomo, went to be with the Lord at 5:45 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014. She was born in Kokomo on Nov. 25, 1918, the daughter of the Rev. Charles and Zella Thomas. She was married on July 1, 1939, to Verlin E. Nelson,
- More Obituaries Headlines