Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
Suzanne Blake Sherman passed away at 12:15 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013, in Century Villa Health Care, Greentown. Suzanne was born in Chicago, Ill., on Dec. 26, 1933, to the late Powell and Carol (McCombs) Blake.
Suzanne graduated from Converse High School in 1951. She had worked at the J.P. Powell Department store in Converse and later worked at the cosmetic department at Lazarus and Elder-Beerman store in Marion. She was a member of St. Luke’s United Methodist Church in Kokomo and a former member of Mount Olive United Methodist Church of Marion.
Suzanne was active in Eastern Star where she was a 50-plus-year member and a former district deputy of Eastern Star. She loved cooking, dancing and being with family.
Surviving are her children, Keith (Linda) Eltzroth, Kokomo, Julia (Jeff) Vossler, Converse, Michael (Beth Giuliani) Miller, Indianapolis; sisters, Carolyn, California, Virginia Wennerlyn, Kokomo; John Blake, Minnesota; five grandchildren, Eric Eltzroth, Courtney Henderson, Megan Vossler, Justin Spangler and Nick Vossler; four great-grandchildren, Austin and Karlyn Vossler, Brayden and Brianna Henderson; several nieces and nephews; stepchildren, Greg (Billie) Vossler, Melinda Sherman, Tom (Gayle) Sherman, Robert (Karen) Sherman, and Steven (Kathy) Sherman; and several step-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by husbands John Eltzroth, P.J. Miller, Paul “Gene” Vossler and Jim Sherman.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday at in the Owen-Weilert-Duncan Funeral Homes, Larrison-Martin Chapel, 308 E. Marion St., Converse. Visitation will be noon to time of service Wednesday in the funeral home. Burial will be private in Converse Cemetery.
Memorials may be given to Marion-Grant County Humane Society or the American Heart Association. Online condolences may be made at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dec. 26, 1933 - April 27, 2013
- Janetta Dale Pearson Janetta Dale Pearson, 78, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, in St. Joseph's Hospital, Kokomo. Born Jan. 28, 1936 in Mount Carmel, Ill, she was the daughter of "Dude" and Mary Moore Dudley. She was marri
- Funerals, March 10, 2014 Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church, 219 W. Mulberry St. Harner, John T. "Dutch," servic
- Shirley A. Waters Shirley A. Waters, 68, Kokomo, passed away at 2:15 a.m. March 7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. She was born July 7, 1945, in Marion to Richard and Mary (Harvey) Tubbs. Shirley had a passion for life and a love for her family. She looked forward
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, Galveston, died at 5:09 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel. Gloria Ann McQuiston
- Lowell E. Pells Lowell E. Pells, 85, Kokomo, passed away at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. Lowell was born Aug. 19, 1928, in Chicago, Ill., to the late Gustave and Cora Pells. Lowell was a 1947 Kokomo High School graduate. His mar
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, passed away Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. He was born the son of Jeff and Toni (Guy) Price on Aug. 19, 1969. Gary leaves behind an unprecedented legacy of unconditional love and bear hugs to
- Funerals Gamrath, Eva N. (Erfcamp), services are 4 p.m. today at New Beginnings Church, 1900 S. Berkley Road. Huffer, Robert "Bob" E. Sr., services are 10 a.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Hill, Robert E., services are
- Dorothy Ann Wysong Dorothy Ann Wysong, 85, Louisville, Ky., passed away at 11:06 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Norton Audubon Hospital, Louisville. She was born April 2, 1928, in North Vernon, to the late Carmel and Mildred Dausch. On May 31, 1945, Dorothy married R
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, died March 8, 2014, at Waterford Nursing Home. Arrangements pending at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home & Cemetery. Helen Miller
- Florence Lee Eckart Florence Lee Eckart, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 6:34 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014, at Century Villa Healthcare. Florence was born July 18, 1924, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her parents were the late Hanley and Barbara (Hardin) Johnson. On July 10, 1948, in Cl
- More Obituaries Headlines