Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
Margaret Metcalf Laag, 83, West Columbia, S.C., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2013. Born Jan. 9, 1930, in Howard County, she was the daughter of the late Harry Russell Metcalf and Mildred Scott Metcalf.
She taught Sunday school at Hope Lutheran for many years and also sang in the choir. She was an avid Angel collector and card player. Mrs. Laag loved to babysit children and did so for many years. Mrs. Laag was a member of Fountain Estates FCL and retired from Delco in Kokomo.
Surviving to cherish her memory are her loving husband of 55 years, Don Laag; daughters, Diane Corley (Billy) and Cindy Hamiter (late Mack), all of Lexington, S.C.; son, Kyle Laag (Lynn), Lexington, S.C.; sisters, Wilma Schini of Los Fresnos, Texas, Dorothy Hartman, Kokomo, Marjorie Ann Sinnamon, Kokomo, Carolyn Scott, Falkville, Ala.; brothers, John William Metcalf and Cleo Otto Metcalf, both of Kokomo; grandchildren, Kayla Corley, Lydia Hamiter, Austin Hamiter, Hunter Laag, David Hamiter (Carrie), Jennifer Harris; great-grandchildren, Bradley Harris, Cian Hamiter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Forrest Eugene Metcalf, Perry Scott Metcalf and Russell Metcalf; and a son-in-law, Mack Hamiter.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hope Lutheran Church, Irmo, S.C., with Pastor Jason Zahn officiating. Interment will follow in Southland Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel.
Memorials may be made to Hope Lutheran Church, 1400 Kennerly Road, Irmo, SC 29063. The family has entrusted Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington, in handling the arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.thompsonsfuneral.com.
Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
- Gary L. Laughner Gary L. Laughner 62, Hillisburg, passed away at 1:13 p.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at I.U. Health Arnett, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1950, in Clinton County to Raymond and Frances (Scott) Laughner. He married Jane Ziebarth on March 30, 1968, in Sh
- Funerals Vester, Jim, services are 10 a.m. today at Cornerstone Christian Church, 8930 N. Ind. 267, Brownsburg. Carrothers, Brice L., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. Brockett, Kathy, services are 2 p.m. tod
- Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr., 62, Kokomo, died at 8:04 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo, IN. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr.
- Al S. Curella Al S. Curella, 79, Kokomo, died at 12:15 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 at Waterford Place Health Campus. He was born April 1, 1934 in Cumberland, Wis., the youngest of 12 children, to Frank and Jamie (DeCammilas) Curella. On June 29 1956, in Louisville,
- Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson, 77, Kokomo, went home to be with our Lord Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013. She was born April 14, 1936, in Marion, to James and Lillian Sutton. Shirley loved her church and her family and will be dearly missed by both. She was a l
- Mary Frances Miller Mary Frances Miller, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 1:10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born March 16, 1924, in Derby, N.C., to the late Alex and Florence (Brown) Dunn. On Nov. 1, 1943, she was married to Luke Mil
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, passed away at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on Jan. 22, 1964, in Miami, Fla., to Carl and Linda Gail Justice and they both survive. Linda attended Indi
- Funeral listings, Dec. 8, 2013 Coleman, Jerry W., a memorial service is 12:30 p.m. today at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Bennett, Frederick "Fred" J., memorial services are 1 p.m. today at Sharon Baptist Church, 7012 E. 50 North, Flora. Raikes, Merlyn, services
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday als
- Gordon B. Gish Gordon Beck Gish, 87, died peacefully at his home Saturday morning, Nov. 23, 2013, after many years of battling COPD. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 26, 1926, to Dwight Vernon and Louise Beck Gish, he was raised in both Cass and Tipton countie
- More Obituaries Headlines