Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
Margaret Metcalf Laag, 83, West Columbia, S.C., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2013. Born Jan. 9, 1930, in Howard County, she was the daughter of the late Harry Russell Metcalf and Mildred Scott Metcalf.
She taught Sunday school at Hope Lutheran for many years and also sang in the choir. She was an avid Angel collector and card player. Mrs. Laag loved to babysit children and did so for many years. Mrs. Laag was a member of Fountain Estates FCL and retired from Delco in Kokomo.
Surviving to cherish her memory are her loving husband of 55 years, Don Laag; daughters, Diane Corley (Billy) and Cindy Hamiter (late Mack), all of Lexington, S.C.; son, Kyle Laag (Lynn), Lexington, S.C.; sisters, Wilma Schini of Los Fresnos, Texas, Dorothy Hartman, Kokomo, Marjorie Ann Sinnamon, Kokomo, Carolyn Scott, Falkville, Ala.; brothers, John William Metcalf and Cleo Otto Metcalf, both of Kokomo; grandchildren, Kayla Corley, Lydia Hamiter, Austin Hamiter, Hunter Laag, David Hamiter (Carrie), Jennifer Harris; great-grandchildren, Bradley Harris, Cian Hamiter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Forrest Eugene Metcalf, Perry Scott Metcalf and Russell Metcalf; and a son-in-law, Mack Hamiter.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hope Lutheran Church, Irmo, S.C., with Pastor Jason Zahn officiating. Interment will follow in Southland Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel.
Memorials may be made to Hope Lutheran Church, 1400 Kennerly Road, Irmo, SC 29063. The family has entrusted Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington, in handling the arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.thompsonsfuneral.com.
Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
- Minardean Graham Minardean Graham, 86, Greentown, passed away at 5:34 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis. Minardean was born in Greentown Sept. 10, 1927, to the late Sherwood and Zola Foland (Lee).She retired in 1984 from Delco
- Funeral services, Aug. 2, 2014 Cobb, Beverly Giles, services are 11 a.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Crawford, Deena Lou, a funeral service is 1 p.m. today at Ellers Mortuary, 3400 S. Webster St.Kelly, Constance “Connie” Jean, services are 1 p.m.
- Glen E. Hunter Glen E. Hunter, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 5, 1930, in Chili, Indiana, to the late Eldo and Hazel Belle (Bouse) Hunter. On Jan. 17, 1948, he married Martha (Somers) Hunter in Koko
- Ruth P Fletcher Ruth P Fletcher, Largo, Florida, and formerly of Kokomo, passed away at 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Palm Gardens of Largo, with her family and hospice at her side.Ruth was born in Fox, Oklahoma, in 1922, and attended Oklahoma A&M University. Sh
- Martin Scott Martin “Pa” Scott, 82, Tipton, died at 4:28 p.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014, at IU Health Tipton Hospital. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Jim Hunt presiding. Burial will follow in Fairview
- Linda L. Heater Linda L. Heater, 80, Indianapolis, passed away Thursday, July 31, 2014. She was born Jan. 8, 1934, in Windfall, to the late Glen Earl and Helen McDowell Cottingham.Linda was a graduate of Windfall High School. She was employed with Delco Remy, manage
- John W. Morris Sr. John W. Morris Sr., 86, Ridgefield, Connecticut, husband of the late Alberta (Languell) Morris, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Danbury Hospital. Mr. Morris was born in Warsaw, Indiana, June 26, 1928, son of the Rev. Thurman B. and Mary (Hollingswo
- Funeral listings, Aug. 1, 2014 Young, James E., services are 11 a.m. today at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, Indiana.Bitner, Max V., services are 11 a.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton.Rayl, Marjorie A., services are noon today at Eller
- John Arthur Reuter Sr. John Arthur Reuter Sr., 68, Old Hickory, Tennessee, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014. He is survived by his wife, Diana Reuter; son, John Arthur Reuter Jr. (Angela); daughter, Sandy Walley (Doug); four grandchildren, three great-grandchildren; sister, Jea
- Glen E. Hunter Glen E. Hunter, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at his residence. The funeral service will be at noon Monday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., Kokomo, with Pastor Jeff Russell officiating. Burial
- More Obituaries Headlines