Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
Margaret Metcalf Laag, 83, West Columbia, S.C., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2013. Born Jan. 9, 1930, in Howard County, she was the daughter of the late Harry Russell Metcalf and Mildred Scott Metcalf.
She taught Sunday school at Hope Lutheran for many years and also sang in the choir. She was an avid Angel collector and card player. Mrs. Laag loved to babysit children and did so for many years. Mrs. Laag was a member of Fountain Estates FCL and retired from Delco in Kokomo.
Surviving to cherish her memory are her loving husband of 55 years, Don Laag; daughters, Diane Corley (Billy) and Cindy Hamiter (late Mack), all of Lexington, S.C.; son, Kyle Laag (Lynn), Lexington, S.C.; sisters, Wilma Schini of Los Fresnos, Texas, Dorothy Hartman, Kokomo, Marjorie Ann Sinnamon, Kokomo, Carolyn Scott, Falkville, Ala.; brothers, John William Metcalf and Cleo Otto Metcalf, both of Kokomo; grandchildren, Kayla Corley, Lydia Hamiter, Austin Hamiter, Hunter Laag, David Hamiter (Carrie), Jennifer Harris; great-grandchildren, Bradley Harris, Cian Hamiter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Forrest Eugene Metcalf, Perry Scott Metcalf and Russell Metcalf; and a son-in-law, Mack Hamiter.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hope Lutheran Church, Irmo, S.C., with Pastor Jason Zahn officiating. Interment will follow in Southland Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel.
Memorials may be made to Hope Lutheran Church, 1400 Kennerly Road, Irmo, SC 29063. The family has entrusted Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington, in handling the arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.thompsonsfuneral.com.
Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines