Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
Margaret Metcalf Laag, 83, West Columbia, S.C., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2013. Born Jan. 9, 1930, in Howard County, she was the daughter of the late Harry Russell Metcalf and Mildred Scott Metcalf.
She taught Sunday school at Hope Lutheran for many years and also sang in the choir. She was an avid Angel collector and card player. Mrs. Laag loved to babysit children and did so for many years. Mrs. Laag was a member of Fountain Estates FCL and retired from Delco in Kokomo.
Surviving to cherish her memory are her loving husband of 55 years, Don Laag; daughters, Diane Corley (Billy) and Cindy Hamiter (late Mack), all of Lexington, S.C.; son, Kyle Laag (Lynn), Lexington, S.C.; sisters, Wilma Schini of Los Fresnos, Texas, Dorothy Hartman, Kokomo, Marjorie Ann Sinnamon, Kokomo, Carolyn Scott, Falkville, Ala.; brothers, John William Metcalf and Cleo Otto Metcalf, both of Kokomo; grandchildren, Kayla Corley, Lydia Hamiter, Austin Hamiter, Hunter Laag, David Hamiter (Carrie), Jennifer Harris; great-grandchildren, Bradley Harris, Cian Hamiter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Forrest Eugene Metcalf, Perry Scott Metcalf and Russell Metcalf; and a son-in-law, Mack Hamiter.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hope Lutheran Church, Irmo, S.C., with Pastor Jason Zahn officiating. Interment will follow in Southland Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel.
Memorials may be made to Hope Lutheran Church, 1400 Kennerly Road, Irmo, SC 29063. The family has entrusted Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington, in handling the arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.thompsonsfuneral.com.
Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
- Shirley A. Water Shirley A. Water, 68, Kokomo, died at 2:15 a.m. Friday, March7, 2014, at Community North Hospital. Arrangements are pending with Stout & Son Funeral Home. Shirley A. Water
- Robert E. Hill Robert E. Hill, 93, Kokomo, died at 4:47 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. He was born April 20, 1920, near Greentown. His parents were Raymond Issac and Susie G. (Synder) Hill, both deceased. He and June E. Brown w
- Herbert Ford Herbert Ford, 73, Walton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014, in Cass County due to injuries sustained in an automobile accident. Per Herbert's wishes, there will be no services. Hartzler-Clapper Funeral Home of Brookston is entrusted with care. Share mem
- Lula M. Davis Lula M. Davis, 77, Tipton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Riverview Hospital, Noblesville. Visitation is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. the same da
- Mary Louise Newby Mary Louise Newby, 85, died at 5:56 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at North Woods Village. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at New London Friends Church, 2104 S. 766 West, Russiaville. Burial will follow at New London Ceme
- Gary Allen Price Gary Allen Price, 44, Kokomo, died at 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital, surrounded by those who loved him dearly. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Servi
- Jerolyn R. Blessing Jerolyn R. Blessing, 80, Kokomo, died Friday, March 7, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Jerolyn R. Blessing
- Funerals Rogers, Stephen P. II, a celebration of life is 11 a.m. today at Paw Paw United Methodist Church, 7712 N. Paw Paw Pike, Denver. Amsbury, Blanche Alma, services are noon today at Leatherman-Morris-Boyer Funeral Home, 314 N. Main St., Tipton. Bauer, Ka
- Blanche Alma Amsbury Blanche Alma Amsbury, 97, Tipton, passed away at 7:02 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Community Parkview Care Center in Elwood. She was born Aug. 19, 1916, in Tipton County to George and Mary (Clark) Davis. Blanche married Clarence Amsbury Jan. 15,
- Eva N. Gamrath Eva N. Gamrath, 87, passed away at 2:52 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born the daughter of Fred and Wilma (Maddock) Erfcamp on April 20, 1926, in Howard County. She married Robert Gamrath in 1975, and he pre
- More Obituaries Headlines