Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
Margaret Metcalf Laag, 83, West Columbia, S.C., formerly of Kokomo, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2013. Born Jan. 9, 1930, in Howard County, she was the daughter of the late Harry Russell Metcalf and Mildred Scott Metcalf.
She taught Sunday school at Hope Lutheran for many years and also sang in the choir. She was an avid Angel collector and card player. Mrs. Laag loved to babysit children and did so for many years. Mrs. Laag was a member of Fountain Estates FCL and retired from Delco in Kokomo.
Surviving to cherish her memory are her loving husband of 55 years, Don Laag; daughters, Diane Corley (Billy) and Cindy Hamiter (late Mack), all of Lexington, S.C.; son, Kyle Laag (Lynn), Lexington, S.C.; sisters, Wilma Schini of Los Fresnos, Texas, Dorothy Hartman, Kokomo, Marjorie Ann Sinnamon, Kokomo, Carolyn Scott, Falkville, Ala.; brothers, John William Metcalf and Cleo Otto Metcalf, both of Kokomo; grandchildren, Kayla Corley, Lydia Hamiter, Austin Hamiter, Hunter Laag, David Hamiter (Carrie), Jennifer Harris; great-grandchildren, Bradley Harris, Cian Hamiter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her brothers, Forrest Eugene Metcalf, Perry Scott Metcalf and Russell Metcalf; and a son-in-law, Mack Hamiter.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Hope Lutheran Church, Irmo, S.C., with Pastor Jason Zahn officiating. Interment will follow in Southland Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel.
Memorials may be made to Hope Lutheran Church, 1400 Kennerly Road, Irmo, SC 29063. The family has entrusted Thompson Funeral Home, Lexington, in handling the arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.thompsonsfuneral.com.
Jan. 9, 1930 - May 11, 2013
- Funerals, April 21, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Washam, William G. 'Willie', services wil
- David A. Emberton David A. Emberton, 61, Tipton, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014, at IU Health Tipton in Tipton. He was born Dec. 23, 1952, in Tipton, to Floyd and Roxie (Blythe) Emberton. On March 11, 1972, David married Debbie Arnett and they had shared 42 years
- Theresa A. Young Theresa A. Young, 52, Kokomo, died Friday, April 18 2014. Bluitt & Son Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. Theresa A. Young
- Funerals, April 20, 2014 Kinsey, Roy Leslie, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Zion Lutheran Church, 173 Hale Drive, Wabash. Duncan, Nora Ethel, services are 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St. Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie", services are
- Beverly Susann 'Susie' Rayl Beverly Susann "Susie" Rayl, 84, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Waterford Place. She was born July 10, 1929, in Howard County to Russell Lowell and Vera Deloras (McCarty) Fisher. She graduated from Kokomo High School in 1947. She married Ge
- Bal Raj Nijhawan Dr. Bal Raj Nijhawan, 98, Sun City Center, Fla., formerly of Kokomo, entered into rest Sunday, April 6, 2014, following a brief illness, with his family present. He was born in Lyallpur, India, to Lala Sukh Diyal and Rajwanti (Kochar) Nijhawan. He ma
- James R. Lutz James R. Lutz, 72, Kokomo, passed away at 5:10 p.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home after a courageous battle with cancer. Jim was born Sept. 8, 1941, in Elizabethtown, Ky., to John and Stella (Cartwright) Lutz. In 1961, he married Shirley L. (Mi
- Reta Gail Moore Reta Gail Moore, 63, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 705 Southway Blvd. E., with Pastor Bill Allison officiating. Burial will f
- Nora 'Ethel' Duncan Nora "Ethel" Duncan, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9 a.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Waterford Health Campus, Kokomo. Born Oct. 3, 1926, in New Castle, she was the daughter of the late Walter Thomas Reavis and Hattie Ethel (West) Reavis. On June 20, 195
- William G. 'Willie' Washam William G. "Willie" Washam, 84, passed away at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born Aug. 17, 1929, in Union County, Tenn., to Harvey Logan and Ina Esther (Dukes) Washam. On April 3, 1952, Willie married Tressie Lou Wol
- More Obituaries Headlines