Oct. 2, 1922 – May 19, 2013
Ithel D. “Bud” Shoemaker, 90, of Plainfield, passed away Sunday, May 19, 2013.
He was born Oct. 2, 1922, to the late Ellsworth and Geneva (Dick) Shoemaker in Forest. He was a U.S. Army veteran of WWII. He earned his BA and Master’s Degree from Indiana State University and received an honorary Doctorate Degree from DePauw University. Bud was a teacher/administrator at Arsenal Technical High School for 30 years, retiring in 1981. He was a member of the Plainfield United Methodist Church. He was a long-time volunteer with the Boy Scouts of America and was awarded the Silver Beaver Award.
Bud is survived by a son, Mark R. (Ruth) Shoemaker; a daughter, Devonna Sue Morra; and three grandchildren, Rick, Kathy and Missi.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Delsie Lee (McQueary) Shoemaker.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in the Hampton-Gentry Funeral Home, Plainfield, where friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday. Burial and committal services will be in Albright Cemetery in Kokomo on Thursday at 2 p.m. Online condolences may be sent to the Shoemaker family at www.hamptongentry.com
Oct. 2, 1922 – May 19, 2013
- Gary L. Laughner Gary L. Laughner 62, Hillisburg, passed away at 1:13 p.m., Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at I.U. Health Arnett, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1950, in Clinton County to Raymond and Frances (Scott) Laughner. He married Jane Ziebarth on March 30, 1968, in Sh
- Funerals Vester, Jim, services are 10 a.m. today at Cornerstone Christian Church, 8930 N. Ind. 267, Brownsburg. Carrothers, Brice L., services are 10:30 a.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. Brockett, Kathy, services are 2 p.m. tod
- Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr., 62, Kokomo, died at 8:04 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo, IN. Ralph E. Ashcraft Jr.
- Al S. Curella Al S. Curella, 79, Kokomo, died at 12:15 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 at Waterford Place Health Campus. He was born April 1, 1934 in Cumberland, Wis., the youngest of 12 children, to Frank and Jamie (DeCammilas) Curella. On June 29 1956, in Louisville,
- Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson Shirley Ann (Sutton) Nelson, 77, Kokomo, went home to be with our Lord Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013. She was born April 14, 1936, in Marion, to James and Lillian Sutton. Shirley loved her church and her family and will be dearly missed by both. She was a l
- Mary Frances Miller Mary Frances Miller, 89, Kokomo, passed away at 1:10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born March 16, 1924, in Derby, N.C., to the late Alex and Florence (Brown) Dunn. On Nov. 1, 1943, she was married to Luke Mil
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, passed away at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on Jan. 22, 1964, in Miami, Fla., to Carl and Linda Gail Justice and they both survive. Linda attended Indi
- Funeral listings, Dec. 8, 2013 Coleman, Jerry W., a memorial service is 12:30 p.m. today at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Bennett, Frederick "Fred" J., memorial services are 1 p.m. today at Sharon Baptist Church, 7012 E. 50 North, Flora. Raikes, Merlyn, services
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday als
- Gordon B. Gish Gordon Beck Gish, 87, died peacefully at his home Saturday morning, Nov. 23, 2013, after many years of battling COPD. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 26, 1926, to Dwight Vernon and Louise Beck Gish, he was raised in both Cass and Tipton countie
- More Obituaries Headlines