Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- Linda Carol Justice Linda Carol Justice, 49, Kokomo, passed away at 1:41 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on Jan. 22, 1964, in Miami, Fla., to Carl and Linda Gail Justice and they both survive. Linda attended Indi
- Funeral listings, Dec. 8, 2013 Coleman, Jerry W., a memorial service is 12:30 p.m. today at House of Prayer, 8125 Rawles Ave., Indianapolis. Bennett, Frederick "Fred" J., memorial services are 1 p.m. today at Sharon Baptist Church, 7012 E. 50 North, Flora. Raikes, Merlyn, services
- Dorothy M. Warnock Dorothy M. Warnock, 90, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Kindred Health Care. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St. Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday als
- Gordon B. Gish Gordon Beck Gish, 87, died peacefully at his home Saturday morning, Nov. 23, 2013, after many years of battling COPD. Born in Los Angeles, Calif., on March 26, 1926, to Dwight Vernon and Louise Beck Gish, he was raised in both Cass and Tipton countie
- Betty J. Bagwell Betty J. Bagwell, 82, Kokomo, passed away at 12:33 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her residence. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo. Betty J. Bagwell
- Elsie Newhouse Elsie Newhouse, 83, Kokomo, passed away at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Kindred Transitional Care. She was born March 1, 1930, in Miami, Ind., the daughter of Floyd and Orpha (Fennell) Warner. She married James Gilbert Newhouse on Nov. 9, an
- Roosevelt Swygert Roosevelt Swygert Jr.,76, Kokomo, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Dec. 7, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements pending with Bluitt & Son Funeral Home. Roosevelt Swygert
- Kenton Ardee Wilson Kenton Ardee Wilson, 61, Bloomington, formerly of Kokomo, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, in Tucson, Ariz., following an 11-month battle with cancer. Born in Kokomo on June 19, 1952, to Bonnie and Ardee Wilson, he was a 1970 graduate of Haworth
- Paulette E. Schoenberger Paulette E. Schoenberger, 62, Kokomo, passed away at 2:07 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, 2013, at her residence. Funeral arrangements are pending with Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, Kokomo. Paulette E. Schoenberger
- Jacqueline 'Jackie' Pierce Jacqueline "Jackie" M. Pierce, 84, Walton, passed away at 9:35 p.m. on Dec. 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Hospital. She was born on Oct. 31, 1929, to Elizabeth (Walbrecht) Freeman in Harlan County, Kentucky. On July 7, 1947, she married Earl
- More Obituaries Headlines