Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- Harold Wayne Hodson Harold Wayne Hodson, 80, Kokomo, passed away at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at his residence. He was born Aug. 30, 1933, in Kokomo, to the late Harold G. Hodson and Vera Agnes (Hudson) Hodson. On Nov. 6, 1977, in Greentown, he married Betty L. (
- Funeral listings, July 28, 2014 Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. today at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. today at Flowers-Leedy Funeral Home, Peru.Madison, Metanya Marie, graveside services are 1 p.m. today at Sunse
- Rita K. Mote Rita K. Mote, 85, Kokomo, died at 3:51 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born Feb. 10, 1929, in Tipton, the daughter of Elmer J. and Marie C. (Langley) Letsinger. On July 3, 1960, she married Charles O. “Bud”
- Emogene Richey Emogene Richey, 94, Greentown, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Century Villa Health Care. Arrangements are pending at Hasler-Stout Funeral Home in Greentown.
- Owen Davis Owen Davis was stillborn at 2:15 p.m. July 21, 2014. Owen was 6 pounds exactly, 19 and one-half inches long, with a head full of hair, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born to James Harley and Rheadawn Nichole Davis (Dobbs).Surviving family include his
- Funeral services, July 27, 2014 Green, Cheryl Ann Rose, services are noon today at Serenity Hills Homestead in Spencer.Jackson, Mary Edna, services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Stout & Son Funeral Home, 200 E. Main St., Russiaville.King, Boyd, services are 1 p.m. Monday at Flowers-Leed
- Charles A. Wilburn Charles A. Wilburn, 83, Kokomo, formerly of Elwood, passed away Friday, June 25, 2014, at Golden Living Sycamore Village in Kokomo. Arrangements are pending at Dunnichay Funeral Home in Elwood.
- John William Metcalf John William Metcalf, 82, Kokomo, went to his heavenly home at 10:40 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. He was born on July 30, 1931, in Howard County, to Harry Russell and Mildred Josephine (Scott) Metcalf. On Dec. 19, 1951, John ma
- Linda L. Jackson Linda L. Jackson, 71, Russiaville, passed away at 4 a.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014, at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born on March 25, 1943, in Kokomo, to Eldon and Bernice (Hawk) Welcher. On Sept. 15, 1962, Linda married Raymond A. J
- Francis E. Knox Francis E. Knox, 84, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- More Obituaries Headlines