Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- John W. Morris Sr. John W. Morris Sr., 86, Ridgefield, Connecticut, husband of the late Alberta (Languell) Morris, died on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Danbury Hospital. Mr. Morris was born in Warsaw, Indiana, June 26, 1928, son of the Rev. Thurman B. and Mary (Hollingswo
- Funeral listings, Aug. 1, 2014 Young, James E., services are 11 a.m. today at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, Indiana.Bitner, Max V., services are 11 a.m. today at Porter Funeral Home, 726 E. North St., Tipton.Rayl, Marjorie A., services are noon today at Eller
- John Arthur Reuter Sr. John Arthur Reuter Sr., 68, Old Hickory, Tennessee, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014. He is survived by his wife, Diana Reuter; son, John Arthur Reuter Jr. (Angela); daughter, Sandy Walley (Doug); four grandchildren, three great-grandchildren; sister, Jea
- Glen E. Hunter Glen E. Hunter, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at his residence. The funeral service will be at noon Monday at Ellers Mortuary Main Street Chapel, 725 S. Main St., Kokomo, with Pastor Jeff Russell officiating. Burial
- Minardean Graham Minardean Graham, 86, Greentown, passed away at 5:34 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at St. Vincent Heart Center in Indianapolis.Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the First United Methodist Church, 127 S. Meridian St., Greentown, with Pastor Mi
- Ruby A. (Hall) Coleman Ruby A. (Hall) Coleman, 70, Flora, died at 5:42 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital in Kokomo. She was born the daughter of Charles and Anita (Strausser) Dillon on April 18, 1944, in Cass County. On Aug. 13, 1994, she married Vernon
- Wilma Virginia 'Ginny' Sears Wilma Virginia “Ginny” Sears, 92, Kokomo, passed away Thursday, July 31, 2014, at her home.Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home.
- Beverly Giles Cobb SAVANNAH, Ga. – Beverly Giles Cobb, 80, Savannah, Georgia, passed away at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare, Tallahassee, Florida. She was born on Nov. 13, 1933, in Kokomo to the late Vivan and Margaret (Weaver
- Funerals, July 31, 2014 Richey, Emogene, services are 11 a.m. today at Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.Bookwalter, Frances Juanita, services are 2 p.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver.Spivey, Cathy J., a celebration of life service is 7 p.m. to
- Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove Rosemary Goyer Lovegrove, formerly from Kokomo, passed into heaven on Jan. 16, 2014, with her son, Matthew, and daughter, Leoma, at her side at Hope Hospice in Fort Myers, Florida. She was 91 years old. A memorial of her life will be at 2 p.m. Saturd
- More Obituaries Headlines