Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital. Arrangements have been entrusted to Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. John Witt Jr.
- Gertrude Rogers Gertrude Rogers, 91, Burlington, passed away at 11:34 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. She was born on May 16, 1922, in Poplarville, Ky., to the late Pete and Nancy (Farmer) Jones. She married her childhood sweethea
- John Witt Jr. John Witt Jr., 62, Peru, passed away at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 12, 2014, at Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. A service celebrating the life of John Witt Jr. will be at 1 p.m. today at the First Assembly of God, 365 Monroe Ave., Peru, with Pastor D
- LaVaun 'Bonnie' Burnette LaVaun "Bonnie" Burnette, 88, Forest, passed away at 8:27 a.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at the home of her niece. She was born on April 25, 1925, in Clinton County to Ray and Ethel M. (Conner) Smith. On Feb. 9, 1946, Bonnie married Fred Burnette and h
- Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee Elizabeth "Betty" Lee, 54, Kokomo, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at Community Howard Regional Health. Arrangements are pending with Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Elizabeth 'Betty' Lee
- Kelly Nicole Maynard Kelly Nicole Maynard, 25, passed away at 3 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at her residence. Viewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru. A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St.
- Jana Darlene Davis Jana Darlene Davis, 34, died Friday, April 18, 2014, at St. Joseph Hospital. She was born the daughter of Robert Housley and Mary Davis on Oct. 11, 1979, in Kokomo. Jana was a graduate of Maconaquah High School. She enjoyed fishing, crafts, spending
- Funerals Rayl, Beverly Susan "Susie," services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home, 2097 W. Alto Road. DePoy, Ernest Wayne, services are 11 a.m. today at McClain Funeral Home, Denver. Oakes, Steve "Lt. Dan," a graveside service is 11 a.m. t
- Thomas Eugene Brooks Thomas Eugene Brooks, 78, Bringhurst, died at 6:58 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette. He was born Dec. 29, 1935, in Delphi, to the late Dana and Doris Britton Brooks. His marriage was to Judith Kay Bowman in Delph
- Virginia T. Nelson Virginia T. Nelson, formerly of Kokomo, went to be with the Lord at 5:45 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014. She was born in Kokomo on Nov. 25, 1918, the daughter of the Rev. Charles and Zella Thomas. She was married on July 1, 1939, to Verlin E. Nelson,
- More Obituaries Headlines