Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- Helen Miller Helen Miller, 83, Kokomo, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Waterford Place Health Campus. She was born Dec. 26, 1930, to Henry R. and Ruby Lee Wynn Sr., in Phoenix City, Ala. She worked as a nurse's aide at St. Joseph Hospital, retiring in 199
- Funeral listings, March 12, 2014 Eckart, Florence Lee, services are 10 a.m. today at New Life Church, 1803 E. Vaile Ave., Kokomo. Blessing, Jerolyn "Jeri" Ruth, services are 11 a.m. today at Sunset Memory Garden Funeral Home. Pells, Lowell E., services are at 1 p.m. today at Marion
- Francis Marion Fulk Francis Marion Fulk, 85, Russiaville, passed away at 1:21 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, surrounded by his family at home. Born March 27, 1928, in Jasonville, to Robert and Edith (Brinson) Fulk, he was the fifth of six children. On Sept. 16, 1948, Franc
- William E. 'Bill' Hodson William E. "Bill" Hodson, 72, Michigantown, passed away at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at North Woods Village in Kokomo. He was born in Kokomo on June 30, 1941, to Harold George and Vera (Hudson) Hodson. He was formerly married to Mary Katherine
- Donald R. Dutton Donald R. Dutton, 78, Inverness, Fla., died Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home, under the loving care of his family and Hospice of Citrus County. Donald was born Nov. 26, 1935, in Boons Camp, Ky., the son of Bill and Gypsie Dutton. He served in the U
- Gloria Ann McQuiston Gloria Ann McQuiston, 78, went to be with the Lord Saturday, March 8, 2014. Gloria was born in Kokomo on April 14, 1935, to William and Reta (Horton) Brown. It was on Jan. 8, 1953, that Gloria married her longtime sweetheart, Jerry McQuiston. Last ye
- William R. 'Bill' Smith William R. "Bill" Smith, 71, Tipton, died Monday evening, Jan. 6, 2014, at his residence. A memorial service for Bill will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with the Rev. Rex Dunning presiding. Visitation will be from noon
- Evelyn J. 'Grandma Evie' Yohn Evelyn J. "Grandma Evie" Yohn, 87, Kokomo, passed away at 9:55 p.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at North Woods Village. She was born on Oct. 27, 1926, in Kokomo to the late Carl and Margaret (McKee) Earlywine. She married Orville Forest Yohn Jr. on Dec.
- Paul R. Willis Paul R. Willis, 79, Kokomo, passed away peacefully Feb. 27, 2014, at North Woods Village. He was born Dec. 24, 1934, to John and Jennie (Grabell) Willis in Lee County, Va. On July 3, 1954, in Middlesboro, Ky., he married Jane A. Hill, who survives. P
- John M. Cornell Sr. John M. Cornell Sr., 73, Galveston, passed away Monday morning, March 10, 2014, at his home in Galveston. He was born May 4, 1940, in Kokomo to Wendell W. and Ruth E. (Millet) Cornell. On June 29, 1963, he married Ruth (Shoffner) Cornell in Kokomo an
- More Obituaries Headlines