Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
Alfred “Al” George Stahl, 84, Kokomo, passed away at 8 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2013, in St. Joseph Hospital, Kokomo. Born Sept. 7, 1928, in Kokomo, he was the son of the late Henry Thomas Stahl and Maude Leota (Gerhart) Stahl. On Aug. 16, 1957, in Kokomo, he married Rita Jean (Conwell). She preceded him in death on March 20, 1996. In 1997, he married Carol Lou (Ammerman). She preceded him in death in 2009.
He was a veteran of the United States Air Force, serving during the Korean War. He was employed with Chrysler Corp. for 31 years before retiring. He was a member of U.A.W. Local 685. He loved music and ballroom dancing, collecting coins and model airplanes. He enjoyed gardening, working on cars and riding motorcycles. He loved to laugh.
Survivors include a stepson Jim (Teresa) Wyant, Walton; stepdaughter, Karen Fisher, Kokomo; one sister, Cecilia Marie Willis, Kokomo; one sister-in-law, Mary Ann Stahl, Kokomo; six grandchildren, Kristina (Sean) McNabb, Indianapolis, Jennifer Young, Galveston, Shawna (Chris) Byam, Kokomo, Brandon (Sarah) Fisher, Kokomo, Ronald (Erica) Fisher, Kokomo, Lyndsey Fisher, Kokomo; also several great grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his first and second wives; five brothers, Martin Stahl, Richard Stahl, Houston Stahl, Henry Stahl Jr., and Ivan Stahl; also one sister, Rosemary Roswog.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday in Ellers Mortuary Webster Street Chapel, 3400 S. Webster St., Kokomo. Pastor Brad Swain will officiate. Burial with military rites by the U.S. Air Force and the Kokomo Military Rites Team will follow in Kokomo Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the mortuary.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to be directed to the Alzheimer’s Association or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes will be available at the mortuary. You may read the Stahl obituary at www.ellersmortuary.com, where you can sign the guestbook, make a memorial donation, or share a personal message to the family.
Sept. 7, 1928 - May 5, 2013
- Frederick Alan Rose Frederick Alan Rose, 61, Kokomo, died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence.Arrangements are pending with Shirley & Stout Funeral Homes and Crematory. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
- Funeral listings, Aug. 22, 2014 Kinzie, Wanda Marie (Hayes), services are 10 a.m. today at Allen Funeral Home, 136 S. Elm St., Bunker Hill. Wright, Carol, funeral service at 2 p.m. today at Genda Funeral Home, 608 N. Main St., Frankfort.Flood, Joseph William Francis Jr., a memorial
- Jerry Devern Nance Jerry Devern Nance, 63, Kokomo, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014, in Indianapolis.Family and friends may join us for a celebration of life from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Crossroads Community Church, 4254 S. 00 East-West. Enter through door 2.The fami
- Delores Skelton Delores Skelton, 77, Kokomo, formerly of Logansport, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in Community Howard Regional Health. Born April 22, 1937, in Logansport, she was the daughter of Charles and Lillian Elizabeth Zech Nethercutt. On
- Shirley Ann Sage Shirley Ann Sage, 77, Converse, passed away Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at Sterling House in Marion, following an extended illness. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Open Door Fellowship Church, Converse, with Pastors Jim Miller and Don R
- Cindi Thompson Cindi Thompson, 59, rural Frankfort, died at 4:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Young-Nichols Funeral Home, Tipton, with Pastor Kevin Carr presiding. A private family burial will be held
- Shirley J. Decker Shirley J. Decker, 87, Walton, died early Wednesday morning, Aug. 20, 2014, at her home. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walton IOOF Cemetery in Walton, with the Rev. Vince Darland officiating. No visitation is planned.Memorial c
- Wayne L. Walker Wayne L. Walker, 64, Tipton, died Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at his residence. He was born July 3, 1950, in Livingston, Tennessee, to Estelene (Walker) Decker.He retired from General Motors, Delphi, in 2009. Wayne was a member of the U.A.W., Tipton Mo
- Barbara 'Bobbie' A. (Reynolds) Jacobs Barbara “Bobbie” A. (Reynolds) Jacobs, 79, passed away at 5:45 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, at her residence in Kokomo. She was born Jan. 9, 1935, in Des Moines, Iowa. She was the daughter of the late Frank and Hazel (Nicholes) Reynolds. On Sept. 2
- Wilda R Hawk Wilda R. Hawk, 79, died at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug, 21, 2014, in Golden Living Center - Sycamore Village Nursing Home. Services are pending with Hasler & Stout Funeral Home, 112 E. Main St., Greentown.
- More Obituaries Headlines