---- — Turbine issue spurs primary challenge
As you might be aware, the wind issue in Tipton County has taken its toll on many people in the community. Whether you are for or against wind turbines, you should expect your local officials to do what is best for Tipton County as a whole.
I say this because our Tipton County Board of Commissioners has chosen to reject three extremely intelligent and thoughtful citizens to sit on the planning commission, apparently due to their stance on the wind issue. This is not having the interest of the citizens in mind when making important decisions.
These three individuals would have brought a wealth of experience in planning and research to the table. This would have increased the county’s ability to handle the issues of an uncertain future.
I decided to run for commissioner for this very reason. I will not be clouded by the lure of financial gain at the expense of Tipton County citizens. I will listen to all citizens. My decisions will be based on the vision of all Tipton County, not just the select few.
You will have a choice in May for the future of Tipton County. I will prove to you that I am the best choice for Tipton’s future.
Exceptions to HIPAA harm privacy efforts
My husband received a copy of the HIPAA that tells him how private his medical information is supposed to be.
This is a list of those who can get that information just for the asking:
1. Those engaged in lawsuits and disputes with a court ordered subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in a dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request.
2. Law enforcement: To identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person.
3. Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors. (Funeral Directors?)
4. National Security and Intelligence Activities: May release medical information about you to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
5. Protective Services for the President (huh?) and Others: We may disclose medical information about you to authorized federal officials so they may provide protection to the President, other authorized persons or foreign heads of state or conduct special investigations.
All these people can inspect and peruse my husband’s medical history, but I can’t find out one thing without his permission! There’s something wrong with that. Those people don’t care about him, yet they can know anything they want any time they want.
I love my husband but I need permission (I do have it) to call the doctor or hospital to ask questions regarding anything medical. Once, he just assumed, I could find out anything I needed to know, so I called, but they wouldn’t tell me. He corrected that right away. I wonder why they even bother with HIPAA when anyone can hack into the computer system?
I understand the need for privacy, but in this day and age, what good is it?