• Claims that infrasound from wind turbines directly impacts the vestibular system have not been demonstrated scientifically.
• The weight of the evidence suggests no association between sound from wind turbines and measures of psychological distress or mental health problems.
• Typically, at distances larger than 400 meters (about four football fields in length) sound pressure levels for modern wind turbines are less than 40 decibels, which is below the level associated with annoyance in the epidemiological studies reviewed. (See Acoustic Assessment Report for specific sound levels for the Prairie Breeze Wind Farm Project.)
• The measured levels of infrasound produced by modern upwind turbines at distances as close as 68 meters are well below that required for non-auditory perception (feeling of vibration in parts of the body, pressure in the chest, etc.)
• A sound level of 40 decibels is comparable to indoor background sound.
• Studies conducted to assess wind turbine noise indicate that infrasound and low frequency sounds (which are present everywhere in the environment) from modern wind turbines are well below the level where known health effects occur.
• Normal background noise in a rural area at night ranges from 20 to 40 decibels.
• The sound level in a quiet bedroom is approximately 35 decibels.
In conclusion: Nine reports were cited in this article. The peer-reviewed data from them overwhelmingly supports that wind turbines do not pose a threat to human health.
Tipton CountyWind FarmCommunicationsCommittee
When will we wake and ‘smell the yuck’?
There was a time when the president of this great nation had the morals to be honest with the American public and tell the truth about what’s going on.
President Obama has not. It is such a shame how he has run a scam of what he calls a “transparent” administration. Whether it be Benghazi — where four Americans died and absolutely nothing has been done about it, except more fibs — or campaigning or playing golf, we still have a stagnant economy and nothing is being done except giving huge amounts of money to companies, which in many cases have filed bankruptcy shortly after receiving big bucks from Uncle Sam.
We have runaway gas prices that will probably top $5 a gallon this summer, and he is doing nothing about it. He could care less, now that he has been re-elected. What a shame that is.
There are so many scandals going on, too many to list. When will we Americans wake up and smell the “yuck” that is in the air? God, help us!
Tom La Follette