When will Republicans stop wasting tax dollars fighting Obamacare?
House Republicans find themselves completely incapable of completing the one goal they set for themselves four years ago: repealing and replacing Obamacare. But they’ve still got a crazy, rabid base that hasn’t lost any of its fervor hate for the law
- Five steps to solving the Southern border crisis Putting aside politics is the key to stabilizing the U.S.-Southern border with Mexico. There are key national interests at stake.In addition to concerns over security, public health and sovereignty, the disruption of illegal migration flows at the bo
- Feedback: Turbines would hinder emergency services; comments on Supreme Court ruling Turbines would hinder rescuersLast week during the Howard County fair, there was a terrible accident in eastern Howard County where two people had to be Life Lined out after the accident. Thank God the wind turbines were not there yet, or this wouldn
House of Burgess: Hobby Lobby's lobbying hobby
Whilst hacking through the dense underbrush of emotional court battles, it’s easy to miss the forest for the trees. This has proven especially true in the wake of the June 30 Supreme Court decision in the case of Burwell v. Hobby Lobby.
- Loopholes a mile wide At least Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma agrees that it’s time to close the loopholes in the ethics policies for state employees.Just how gaping some of those holes are became clear last week, as the State Ethics Commission sorted through the cases
- MAUREEN HAYDEN: Road to funding Ind. highways is jammed If you’ve driven on either of Indiana’s two busiest interstates recently, you’ll understand why a blue-ribbon commission last week called for adding traffic lanes to those harrowing highways.The report, issued by the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Panel on T
- The joy of havingguests Some people like having lots of company. They like having plenty to do. They like big breakfasts and hearty lunches and specially prepared dinners. They are called houseguests, and as they also like to travel, they will be coming to your house soon -
- We need one schools chief Look, we don’t care if Glenda Ritz, or someone appointed by the governor or someone appointed by the state board heads up education in Indiana. It should be abundantly clear by now that Indiana needs an appointed, not an elected, superintendent of pu
- Is Obama the worst president since WWII? Wow. A reputable poll shows the public believes Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II. Worse than Richard M. Nixon, driven from the presidency by Watergate? Much. Worse than Jimmy Carter, for decades the very symbol of the feckless c
- BRIAN HOWEY: Indiana: Pro-adoption or just a 'deadbeat parent' This past week we’ve learned the state of Indiana has essentially stiffed 1,400 families who have adopted special needs children. The subsidies they were promised to raise kids in the state’s foster child program have been denied, prompting one LaPor
- More Opinion Headlines
- When will Republicans stop wasting tax dollars fighting Obamacare?