Man faces child exploitation charge
Kokomo police arrested a man Friday on a felony child exploitation charge after a witness alleged finding incriminating photos and videos on a laptop computer.
John M. Gardner, 44, 2700 block of West Alto Road, was arrested in the 2100 block of East Lincoln Road on a warrant for two felony charges, after police completed a forensic examination of his computer.
Police said Gardner used a hidden camera to obtain nude pictures of a girl under the age of 18 years old. In addition to a Class C felony charge of child exploitation, he also faces a Class D felony charge of voyeurism.
Police said they received a call in December after the photos and videos were found on a laptop belonging to Gardner, at Gardner’s home. Police said a forensic examination found 167 images, most of which showed the victim nude, taking a shower. Police said they found 14 videos of the same victim, nude, taking a shower.
Another victim, who was depicted in one image found on the computer, found the images and brought the computer to the police. Police executed a search warrant on the computer Jan. 8. A warrant for Gardner’s arrest was issued March 7. He bonded out of the Howard County Jail March 9 and is due in Howard Superior 2 for an initial hearing March 19.
Howard county arrests
Friday, 9:21 a.m., deputies arrested James F. Gibbons Jr., 43, 1300 block of North 1150 West, Russiaville, at home, on a felony intimidation charge, and on a charge of domestic battery.
Friday, 11:27 a.m., police arrested a 14-year-old male, at Kokomo High School, on a marijuana possession charge.
Friday, 11:54 a.m., police arrested James T. Doan, 47, 1400 block of North Morrison Street, in the 1000 block of North Armstrong Street, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Friday, noon, police arrested a 12-year-old female, at Central Middle School, on charges of disorderly conduct and battery.
Friday, 12:09 p.m., deputies arrested James A. Devost, 46, Chicago, Ill., at the Lake County Jail, Waukegan, Ill., on a warrant for non-support.
Friday, 12:43 p.m., deputies arrested Demetrius D. Clark, 29, South Bend, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke.
Friday, 2:12 p.m., deputies arrested Bradley D. Hannah, 36, 1600 block of South Union Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke suspended sentence.
Friday, 3:44 p.m., police arrested Kevin P. Bergin, 47, 2700 block of North Washington Street, at home, on a charge of driving after having lost driving privileges for life.
Friday, 6:40 p.m., deputies arrested Michael S. Smith, 38, 1600 block of North LaFountain Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Friday, 7:18 p.m., police arrested Kenneth R. Carpenter II, 30, Tipton, at Firmin and Ohio streets, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Friday, 7:32 p.m., police arrested Consuelo A. Luna-McKibben, 20, 1200 block of South Waugh Street, at Markland Avenue and Webster Street, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Friday, 8:16 p.m., police arrested Thomas M. Carrington Jr., 30, 1100 block of East Mulberry Street, at Dixon Road and King Street, on a petition to revoke.
Friday, 8:30 p.m., deputies arrested Kevin P. Bergin, 46, 2700 block of North Washington Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a body attachment warrant.
Friday, 8:43 p.m., police arrested Archie J. Gilliam, 44, 700 block of Brandon Street, at Plate and Foster streets, on felony charges of marijuana possession and dealing marijuana.
Friday, 11:15 p.m., deputies arrested Jennifer L. Wetzel, 36, 5100 block of Ojibway Drive, at the Howard County Jail, on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 1:02 a.m., police arrested a 17-year-old male, in the 900 block of South Webster Street, on charges of illegal consumption and disobedience.
Saturday, 1:13 a.m., police arrested Elijah D. Allison, 29, 1400 block of North Wabash Avenue, in the 5100 block of Clinton Drive, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Saturday, 3:31 a.m., state police arrested Thomas D. Hunter, 56, Macy, at the Howard County Jail, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Saturday, 3:52 p.m., police arrested John S. Mohler, 36, 1100 block of Warwick Road, at Hoffer and Plate streets, on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 3:59 p.m., police arrested Shereana M. Floyd, 28, 1300 block of North Morrison Street, at home, on a driving while suspended charge.
Saturday, 5:27 p.m., police arrested Franklin Wilcox, 30, 2300 block of West Jefferson Street, at Kokomo City Hall, on a petition to revoke, on a warrant charge of failure to appear and on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 11:08 p.m., police arrested Rex A. Shook, 56, 1800 block of North Wabash Avenue, at Espanol Drive and Washington Street, on charges of operating while intoxicated and marijuana possession.
Saturday, 11:27 p.m., police arrested Melissa L. Biddle, 38, 1000 block of Springwater Road, at home, on a warrant charge of non-compliance with in-home detention.
Sunday, 4:34 a.m., state police arrested Robert D. Adams, 33, Centersville, Ga., at the Howard County Jail, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Sunday, 5:06 a.m., state police arrested Michael J. Root, 27, 1900 block of South Park Road, at Boulevard and Elizabeth Street, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Sunday, 10:16 a.m., police arrested Micah L. Books, 26, Peru, at U.S. 31 and Smith Road, on felony charges of heroin possession and illegal possession of a syringe, on a marijuana possession charge and a Miami County felony warrant charge of theft.
Sunday, 3:27 p.m., police arrested Jamie D. Kintner, 37, 2800 block of Amberwood Place, at Smith Road and Amberwood Place, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Sunday, 8:10 p.m., police arrested James J. Mote, 37, 4900 block of North 200 East, in the 1900 block of South Goyer Road, on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident.
Sunday, 8:30 p.m., police arrested a 16-year-old male at Kohl’s, 2156 E. Boulevard, on a felony theft charge.
Sunday, 8:45 p.m., police arrested Jesse W. Lawless, 26, 700 block of South Apperson Way, at Washington and Morgan streets, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Monday, 1:45 a.m., police arrested Philip E. Campbell, 31, 600 block of South Harvey Street, Greentown, at U.S. 31 and Tomahawk Boulevard, on charges of driving while suspended and marijuana possession.
Monday, 3:30 a.m., police arrested Adam K. Jones, 19, 1800 block of North Leeds Street, at North and Webster streets, on a charge of resisting law enforcement.
Monday, 3:30 a.m., police arrested Harley G. Scott, 18, Peru, at North and Webster streets, on a charge of resisting law enforcement.
Friday, 10:30 a.m., a theft of jewelry was reported in the 800 block of North McCann Street.
Friday, 4:32 p.m., a burglary was reported in the 4900 block of West 250 South.
Saturday, 2:09 p.m., a robbery was reported in the 2200 block of Canterbury Drive.
Miami County arrests
Thursday, 9:12 p.m., deputies arrested Justin McMarray, 24, Gas City, on a warrant for theft.
Friday, 4:05 p.m., deputies arrested Roberta Elmore, 38, Fortville, on a warrant for trafficking with an inmate and forgery.
Friday, 5:05 p.m., deputies arrested Joseph Meier, 34, 2800 block of West 1300 North, Macy, on a warrant for contempt of court.
Friday, 7:21 p.m., deputies arrested Teresa Thompson, 41, 8200 block of North 100 East, Denver, on a warrant for violation of home detention.
Friday, 11:04 p.m., state police arrested Teresa D. Atchison, 40, Elkhart, on charges of possession of marijuana with priors and possession of scheduled drugs.
Saturday, 5:43 a.m., police arrested James E. Hanaway, 43, 200 block of West Canal Street, Peru, on a warrant for criminal mischief.
Sunday, 7:30 p.m., DNR officers arrested James Welsh, 49, Denver, on charges of theft and resisting law enforcement.
Man faces child exploitation charge
- Police Reports
- Police reports, Aug. 21, 2014 Howard CountyArrestsTuesday, 2:45 p.m., police arrested Aaron L. Woodard, 30, 400 block of East Richmond Street, at Morgan Street and Apperson Way, on a warrant for bond revocation on a non-support of a dependent charge.Tuesday, 4:50 p.m., police arr
- Police reports Howard CountyArrestsFriday, 1:18 a.m., deputies arrested Troy G. Moore, 25, 3500 block of North Davis Road, at County Road 300 North and Davis Road, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.Friday, 3:40 a.m., deputies arrested Austin H. Muscari, 18
- Police Reports Howard CountyArrestsThursday, 9:50 a.m., deputies arrested James Eagle Jackson, 52, Tipton, at the Howard County Jail, on charges of invasion of privacy.Thursday, 11:15 a.m., deputies arrested Lavonski Vontez Elliot, 26, 1400 block of Jackson Street,
- Police Reports Howard CountyArrestsWednesday, 8:30 a.m., deputies arrested Scott E. Jones, 42, 1700 block of Buick Lane, at the Howard County jail on a charge of public intoxication.Wednesday, 10:27 a.m., police arrested Dionna Carter, 18, 500 block of North Indian
- Police Reports Howard CountyArrestsTuesday, 9:10 a.m., deputies arrested Alfred L. Hightower, 60, 1900 block of North Morrison Street, at the Howard County adult probation office, on a warrant for petition to revoke.Tuesday, 9:29 a.m., police arrested a 14-year-old
- Police reports, Aug. 13, 2014 Howard CountyArrestsSunday, 6:45 p.m., police arrested a 10-year-old male in the 900 block of North Washington Street, on a charge of disobedience.Sunday, 8:07 p.m., police arrested Matthew A. Anderson, 20, 2700 block of North Washington Street, in t
- Police reports, Aug. 11, 2014 Howard CountyArrestsFriday, 4:03 a.m., deputies arrested Jessica E. Broomfield-McCoy, 26, 900 block of South Plate Street, at Indiana 22 and County Road 550 West, on charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident. Her blood alcoh
- Area sentencings, Aug. 10, 2014 • Ashley Cupp, 22, convicted in Howard Superior Court 2 of Class D felony theft, was sentenced to two years with 180 days in-home detention and the balance on probation with the conditions she pay restitution, court costs and probation fees.• Christo
- Police reports, Aug. 8, 2014 Howard CountyArrestsWednesday, 9:39 a.m., deputies arrested Jeremy King, 35, 20 block of Southdowns Drive, in the 500 block of Elk Drive, on a charge of trespass.Wednesday, 11:45 a.m., deputies arrested Jacob Ruckman, 32, Morgantown, at the Johnson C
- Police reports, Aug. 7, 2014 Howard CountyArrestsTuesday, 7 a.m., deputies arrested Cornelius Tyler-Banks, 22, 1000 block of East Walnut Street, at the Howard County jail, on a warrant for dealing in cocaine.Tuesday, 8:38 a.m., deputies arrested Robin M Gastor, 46, 1400 block of
- More Police Reports Headlines