Man faces child exploitation charge
Kokomo police arrested a man Friday on a felony child exploitation charge after a witness alleged finding incriminating photos and videos on a laptop computer.
John M. Gardner, 44, 2700 block of West Alto Road, was arrested in the 2100 block of East Lincoln Road on a warrant for two felony charges, after police completed a forensic examination of his computer.
Police said Gardner used a hidden camera to obtain nude pictures of a girl under the age of 18 years old. In addition to a Class C felony charge of child exploitation, he also faces a Class D felony charge of voyeurism.
Police said they received a call in December after the photos and videos were found on a laptop belonging to Gardner, at Gardner’s home. Police said a forensic examination found 167 images, most of which showed the victim nude, taking a shower. Police said they found 14 videos of the same victim, nude, taking a shower.
Another victim, who was depicted in one image found on the computer, found the images and brought the computer to the police. Police executed a search warrant on the computer Jan. 8. A warrant for Gardner’s arrest was issued March 7. He bonded out of the Howard County Jail March 9 and is due in Howard Superior 2 for an initial hearing March 19.
Howard county arrests
Friday, 9:21 a.m., deputies arrested James F. Gibbons Jr., 43, 1300 block of North 1150 West, Russiaville, at home, on a felony intimidation charge, and on a charge of domestic battery.
Friday, 11:27 a.m., police arrested a 14-year-old male, at Kokomo High School, on a marijuana possession charge.
Friday, 11:54 a.m., police arrested James T. Doan, 47, 1400 block of North Morrison Street, in the 1000 block of North Armstrong Street, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Friday, noon, police arrested a 12-year-old female, at Central Middle School, on charges of disorderly conduct and battery.
Friday, 12:09 p.m., deputies arrested James A. Devost, 46, Chicago, Ill., at the Lake County Jail, Waukegan, Ill., on a warrant for non-support.
Friday, 12:43 p.m., deputies arrested Demetrius D. Clark, 29, South Bend, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke.
Friday, 2:12 p.m., deputies arrested Bradley D. Hannah, 36, 1600 block of South Union Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke suspended sentence.
Friday, 3:44 p.m., police arrested Kevin P. Bergin, 47, 2700 block of North Washington Street, at home, on a charge of driving after having lost driving privileges for life.
Friday, 6:40 p.m., deputies arrested Michael S. Smith, 38, 1600 block of North LaFountain Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Friday, 7:18 p.m., police arrested Kenneth R. Carpenter II, 30, Tipton, at Firmin and Ohio streets, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Friday, 7:32 p.m., police arrested Consuelo A. Luna-McKibben, 20, 1200 block of South Waugh Street, at Markland Avenue and Webster Street, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Friday, 8:16 p.m., police arrested Thomas M. Carrington Jr., 30, 1100 block of East Mulberry Street, at Dixon Road and King Street, on a petition to revoke.
Friday, 8:30 p.m., deputies arrested Kevin P. Bergin, 46, 2700 block of North Washington Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a body attachment warrant.
Friday, 8:43 p.m., police arrested Archie J. Gilliam, 44, 700 block of Brandon Street, at Plate and Foster streets, on felony charges of marijuana possession and dealing marijuana.
Friday, 11:15 p.m., deputies arrested Jennifer L. Wetzel, 36, 5100 block of Ojibway Drive, at the Howard County Jail, on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 1:02 a.m., police arrested a 17-year-old male, in the 900 block of South Webster Street, on charges of illegal consumption and disobedience.
Saturday, 1:13 a.m., police arrested Elijah D. Allison, 29, 1400 block of North Wabash Avenue, in the 5100 block of Clinton Drive, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Saturday, 3:31 a.m., state police arrested Thomas D. Hunter, 56, Macy, at the Howard County Jail, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Saturday, 3:52 p.m., police arrested John S. Mohler, 36, 1100 block of Warwick Road, at Hoffer and Plate streets, on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 3:59 p.m., police arrested Shereana M. Floyd, 28, 1300 block of North Morrison Street, at home, on a driving while suspended charge.
Saturday, 5:27 p.m., police arrested Franklin Wilcox, 30, 2300 block of West Jefferson Street, at Kokomo City Hall, on a petition to revoke, on a warrant charge of failure to appear and on a body attachment warrant.
Saturday, 11:08 p.m., police arrested Rex A. Shook, 56, 1800 block of North Wabash Avenue, at Espanol Drive and Washington Street, on charges of operating while intoxicated and marijuana possession.
Saturday, 11:27 p.m., police arrested Melissa L. Biddle, 38, 1000 block of Springwater Road, at home, on a warrant charge of non-compliance with in-home detention.
Sunday, 4:34 a.m., state police arrested Robert D. Adams, 33, Centersville, Ga., at the Howard County Jail, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Sunday, 5:06 a.m., state police arrested Michael J. Root, 27, 1900 block of South Park Road, at Boulevard and Elizabeth Street, on a charge of operating while intoxicated.
Sunday, 10:16 a.m., police arrested Micah L. Books, 26, Peru, at U.S. 31 and Smith Road, on felony charges of heroin possession and illegal possession of a syringe, on a marijuana possession charge and a Miami County felony warrant charge of theft.
Sunday, 3:27 p.m., police arrested Jamie D. Kintner, 37, 2800 block of Amberwood Place, at Smith Road and Amberwood Place, on a charge of driving while suspended.
Sunday, 8:10 p.m., police arrested James J. Mote, 37, 4900 block of North 200 East, in the 1900 block of South Goyer Road, on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident.
Sunday, 8:30 p.m., police arrested a 16-year-old male at Kohl’s, 2156 E. Boulevard, on a felony theft charge.
Sunday, 8:45 p.m., police arrested Jesse W. Lawless, 26, 700 block of South Apperson Way, at Washington and Morgan streets, on a warrant charge of failure to appear.
Monday, 1:45 a.m., police arrested Philip E. Campbell, 31, 600 block of South Harvey Street, Greentown, at U.S. 31 and Tomahawk Boulevard, on charges of driving while suspended and marijuana possession.
Monday, 3:30 a.m., police arrested Adam K. Jones, 19, 1800 block of North Leeds Street, at North and Webster streets, on a charge of resisting law enforcement.
Monday, 3:30 a.m., police arrested Harley G. Scott, 18, Peru, at North and Webster streets, on a charge of resisting law enforcement.
Friday, 10:30 a.m., a theft of jewelry was reported in the 800 block of North McCann Street.
Friday, 4:32 p.m., a burglary was reported in the 4900 block of West 250 South.
Saturday, 2:09 p.m., a robbery was reported in the 2200 block of Canterbury Drive.
Miami County arrests
Thursday, 9:12 p.m., deputies arrested Justin McMarray, 24, Gas City, on a warrant for theft.
Friday, 4:05 p.m., deputies arrested Roberta Elmore, 38, Fortville, on a warrant for trafficking with an inmate and forgery.
Friday, 5:05 p.m., deputies arrested Joseph Meier, 34, 2800 block of West 1300 North, Macy, on a warrant for contempt of court.
Friday, 7:21 p.m., deputies arrested Teresa Thompson, 41, 8200 block of North 100 East, Denver, on a warrant for violation of home detention.
Friday, 11:04 p.m., state police arrested Teresa D. Atchison, 40, Elkhart, on charges of possession of marijuana with priors and possession of scheduled drugs.
Saturday, 5:43 a.m., police arrested James E. Hanaway, 43, 200 block of West Canal Street, Peru, on a warrant for criminal mischief.
Sunday, 7:30 p.m., DNR officers arrested James Welsh, 49, Denver, on charges of theft and resisting law enforcement.
Man faces child exploitation charge
- Police Reports
- Police reports, March 8, 2014 Howard County Arrests Wednesday, 3:19 p.m., police arrested Michael C. Stanley, 54, 3300 block of Dixon Lane, at that residence, on a warrant for petition to revoke. Wednesday, 3:57 p.m., police arrested Brianna W. Minor, 26, 800 block of North McCan
- Police reports, March 7, 2014 Howard County Arrests Monday, 1:40 a.m., deputies arrested Katie L. Hayden, 23, 2300 block of North Armstrong Street, at the Howard County jail, on warrants for two counts of failure to appear, two counts of failure to complete community service, two
Police reports, March 5, 2014
Howard County Arrests Monday, 4:06 p.m., police arrested Timothy B. Goode, 25, 1300 block of Wigwam Drive, at that residence, on a warrant for failure to appear. Monday, 4:15 p.m., police arrested Jeffrey A. Powell, 49, 400 block of Rainbow Circle, a
- Police blotter, March 4, 2014 Howard County Arrests Friday, 8:35 a.m., deputies arrested Charles W. Thompson, 41, 2600 block of East 100 North, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke. Friday, 8:53 a.m., deputies arrested Robert M. Rogers, 29, 10300 block of West 650 N
- Police reports Howard County Arrests Wednesday, 2 p.m., deputies arrested Dale Swingley, 54, 100 block of Chippewa Drive, at the Howard County jail, on a warrant for arson. Thursday, 2:35 a.m., deputies arrested Stephen K. Finley, 48, 500 block of Somerset Drive, a
- Sentencings • Jamie Travis, convicted in Howard Superior Court 2 of petition to revoke a suspended sentence, was sentenced to one year of his original sentence and returned to probation. • Robert Rogers, convicted in Howard Superior Court 2 of petition to revoke
- Police reports, Feb. 28, 2014 Howard County Arrests Wednesday, 10:32 a.m., police arrested Kevin W. Catron, 46, 400 block of East Walnut Street, at Walmart, 1920 E. Markland Ave., on a charge of trespass. Wednesday, 4 p.m., police arrested Robert M. Finch, 32, 1000 block of South
- Police reports, Feb. 27, 2014 Howard County Arrests Tuesday, 9:15 a.m., deputies arrested Brandon R. Ellis, 34, 900 block of East Dixon Street, at the Howard County jail, on a warrant for petition to revoke. Tuesday, 10:18 a.m., deputies arrested William A. Huntley, 57, 800 block
- Police blotter, Feb. 26, 2014 Howard County Arrests Monday, 8:52 a.m., deputies arrested Cody R. Vaughn, 25, 200 block of North Market Street, at the Howard County Jail, on a petition to revoke. Monday, 9:10 a.m., police arrested Dawn M. Jarvis, 30, 500 block of Sundown Drive, at
- Police blotter, Feb. 25, 2014 Howard County Arrests Friday, 12:45 p.m., deputies arrested Lance R. Berry, 35, 400 block of West 275 North, at the Cass County Jail, on a body attachment warrant. Friday, 4:08 p.m., deputies arrested Morgan T. Vetter, 25, 2500 block of Lorine Lane,
- More Police Reports Headlines