---- — I have informa-tion about the Midwest Women’s Tournament. This is an exciting tournament in its second year. In its first year, it was held in Michigan and it was a great success with more than 800 team entries from some 27 states. It far exceeded what was expected.
This year, it is being held in South Bend at Chippewa Bowl and the state association is hoping there will be more than 1,000 entries. The last information I received, which was from a week ago, there are already more than 200 entries.
This tournament rotates between six states — Michigan, Indiana, Illinois (2015), Iowa (2016), Ohio (2017) and Wisconsin (2018). The rotation returns to Michigan in 2019.
The cost is $25 per event, per person. There is team (four women), doubles, singles and all events. This is also a handicap tournament so everyone has a championship chance. It looks like if you have thoughts of entering a team, you better do it now even though the entries close April 26. The tournament runs from May 24 to June 29. There is plenty of shopping up there and things to see.
If you have never seen the Golden Dome at Notre Dame or the Cathedral, this would be a great time to do that. It is beautiful and there are some other great places to visit in the area.
You can acquire an entry form on the Indiana State USBC WBA web site or www.midwestwomensbowling.com. You also can contact state tournament manager Gerri Smolen at 219-763-6571.
MORE TOURNEY DATES
• The Women’s National Tournament is set for April 11 through June 29, at the Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nev.
• The Indiana State Queens Tournament will take place in Franklin at Hi Way Lanes on March 8-9 and is open to all ladies with an average of 170 and better.
• The National Open tournament will run Feb. 28 to July 12. The Indiana Open Tournament will be held Feb. 21 to May 4 in Muncie, at Munsee Lane for team and Village Bowl for doubles and singles.
• The Indiana State Mixed Tournament is set for Logansport at Myers Sport Bowl on Nov. 9-10 and Nov. 16-17. This is really close so we should have a lot of our mixed leagues going over there to bowl in this.
All of these entry forms can be find on the Women’s State website. www.indianastateusbcwba.org.
• Senior tournament entry forms should be out into the centers. The dates and times are as follows: 3 p.m. on Nov. 23 and 1 p.m. on Nov. 24. This tournament will be hosted by Don Lowry Lanes so get your entry forms in as soon as possible.
Kaleb Little rolled a 300 game last Tuesday night on a 169 average. Along with the 300, he also had games of 151-226 for a 677 series. Great night, Kaleb.
Cyndy Trent is the Tribune’s bowling columnist. She may be reached by email at email@example.com.