• NAME: Waylon Coulter
• SPORT: Boys track and field
• SCHOOL: Kokomo
• GRADE: Senior
• ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Coulter led the way as the Wildkats won the North Central Conference meet for the third straight year. Individually, he won the high jump (6 feet, 6 inches) and pole vault (13-3) competitions. He also ran a leg on the winning 4x400 relay team.
Kokomo's Waylon Coulter wins this week's award
• NAME: Waylon Coulter
- Report: Taylor, Eastern to leave Mid-Indiana Conf. For the first time in over a decade, the Mid-Indiana Conference appears to be receiving a facelift. Taylor High School athletic director Karen Franklin announced early Wednesday afternoon in a press release that Taylor and Eastern Community Schools w
- BASKETBALL: Tri-Central preview On the surface, the 2013-14 Tri-Central boys basketball season could be a pleasant surprise, that is if coach Kyle Zahn's optimism stemming from seven returning lettermen is any indication.
- Prep Roundup: Thursday, Dec. 12 Kokomo's boys swimming team put forth a dominant effort Wednesday night against an undermanned Marion squad, winning 11 events in a 145-23 victory over the Giants. Nathan Banush led the Wildkats (2-0 in dual meets) as a triple winner. He won the 200
- DE LA BASTIDE: Armstrong to drive for 'The King' in 2014 New Castle native Dakoda Armstrong has taken a big step in advancing his NASCAR career by signing a contract for 2014 with Richard Petty Motorsports.
Western girls grab history-laden win at Memorial Gym
Class 3A No. 2-ranked Western led wire to wire in beating Kokomo 40-21 in a girls basketball game Tuesday night at Memorial Gym. The 50th all-time meeting in the rivalry series turned into a Western party. Consider: • The Panthers earned their first
- Hot Dogs turn back Tigers Northwestern's boys basketball team walked out of Case Arena with something tangible, and something intangible Tuesday night.
- Tipton bounces back from loss, beats rival Elwood It wasn’t the prettiest at times, but the Tipton boys basketball team's 43-38 win at Elwood on Tuesday night served as a much-needed bounceback game for the Blue Devils following Saturday’s lopsided 71-41 loss at unbeaten Frankton.
- Prep Roundup: Dec. 11 Shooting woes plagued Taylor's girls basketball once again in a 51-24 loss to Northfield on Tuesday night at Wabash.
- Sports briefs, Dec. 11 The Indiana Football Coaches Association on Tuesday released its 2013 all-state football teams and 18 KT-area players earned recognition.
- Sports briefs, Dec. 10 Kokomo visits Muncie Central on Friday for the first North Central Conference game of the season. Also on Friday, there are three Mid-Indiana Conference matchups and a Hoosier Heartland Conference game — Western at Eastern, Northwestern at Taylor and Hamilton Heights at Cass in the MIC and Sheridan at Clinton Central in the HHC.
- More Sports Headlines