• NAME: Waylon Coulter
• SPORT: Boys track and field
• SCHOOL: Kokomo
• GRADE: Senior
• ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Coulter led the way as the Wildkats won the North Central Conference meet for the third straight year. Individually, he won the high jump (6 feet, 6 inches) and pole vault (13-3) competitions. He also ran a leg on the winning 4x400 relay team.
Kokomo's Waylon Coulter wins this week's award
• NAME: Waylon Coulter
- Giant slayers Hoosier Hysteria was alive and well Friday night at Memorial Gym.
- Western excited to face Evansville Mater Dei RUSSIAVILLE -- Western's girls basketball squad has become a hot commodity this week, the type of thing one would expect after punching a ticket to the first state finals in program history. Pep sessions. Meetings. Media requests. The Panthers have
- Inspired Western downs NW MONTICELLO -- Western's boys basketball team was dealt the somber news Friday before its Class 3A sectional semifinal with Northwestern that junior Des Balentine would miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. The Panthers knew their roles would h
- Blue Devils hold off Titans, 68-60 When they last met on Feb. 8, Taylor's boys basketball team clawed backed from a big deficit and made it a game before Tipton held on for a three-point, 61-58 victory.
- Comets continue uprise The Eastern boys basketball program entered Friday night having last won consecutive IHSAA sectional games in 1980. Jimmy Carter was the President at the time and Eastern beat Western and Haworth to reach the Kokomo Sectional final where the Comets dropped a 45-43 heart-breaker to the Wildkats.
- Lewis Cass wins showdown with Manchester Lewis Cass’ boys basketball team faced a 16-win Manchester team on its home court with the season on the line Friday night.
- Carroll roars back to take out Faith Christian, 48-39 SHARPSVILLE -- Carroll's boys basketball team must of had an inspirational speech by coach Matt Weaver as the Cougars came from behind Friday night to beat Faith Christian 48-39 in the first semifinal round of the Class A Tri-Central Sectional. The C
- Sports briefs for Saturday, March 8 Taylor MS baseball tryouts today Tryouts for the Taylor Middle School baseball squad are today from 1-3 p.m. in the Taylor High School gym. Tryouts are for any seventh or eighth grader interested in playing. For more information contact Brent Owens a
- McAfee inks new deal with Indy INDIANAPOLIS -- Shortly before 10 a.m. Friday, Indianapolis Colts punter and kickoff specialist Pat McAfee tweeted that he had a special announcement to make at the top of the hour. McAfee has been co-hosting NFL AM on the NFL Network for the past we
- Just like old times The 2014 IHSAA boys basketball state tournament marks the 17th anniversary of the implementation of class basketball, but for former Kokomo players like Brian McCauley and Jason Snyder, the memories of what the single-class tournament was like are st
- More Sports Headlines