Weather forces more postponements
Saturday’s blustery winds and snow caused more postponements, wiping out the entire schedule of local sports. Several events have been rescheduled:
• The Mid-Indiana Conference wrestling meet has been moved to Wednesday at Peru. To make room for the full schedule of matches on a weekday, the event will begin at 4:30 p.m.
• The Hoosier Heartland Conference wrestling meet has been moved to Tuesday.
• Taylor’s boys and girls basketball games with Clinton Central have both been pushed back and rescheduled for a varsity-only boys and girls doubleheader on Feb. 5 at Taylor. The boys will tip off the doubleheader at 6 p.m. with the girls senior night game to follow at approximately 7:45.
• Western’s girls basketball game at Cass has been rescheduled for Feb. 3.
• The Peru at Eastern girls basketball game will be played on Feb. 5. Peru’s game against Northfield, originally scheduled for that night, is cancelled.
• The Northwestern Invitational gymnastics meet has been postponed to Feb. 22.
IUK men’s basketball falls to Alice Lloyd
The Indiana University Kokomo men’s basketball team suffered a 79-57 loss to Alice Lloyd College Saturday at Cougar Gym in Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play, dropping the Cougars to 4-16 on the season, and 2-9 in the KIAC.
Nick Teeter had 14 points and 5 rebounds to lead the Cougars. Dylan Mosack added 12 points and Jared Lawrence finished with 10 points.
PAL Soccer offers signup dates
Signups for the Police Athletic League soccer will be available the next three weekends.
Signups will be held today, Feb. 2 and Feb 9 from 1-4 p.m., and Feb. 1 and Feb 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at PAL Field, located at 3520 W. Boulevard.
Signup fees will be $55 per child, with a $20 discount given on the third and fourth child.
George leads Pacers past Kings in OT
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Paul George scored eight of his 36 points in overtime and the Indiana Pacers defeated the Sacramento Kings 116-111 on Friday night.