- Sports briefs for Tuesday, July 15 Kokomo's Tionna Brown was a triple winner in the Indiana Region 7 Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships over the weekend.
ESPN sets schedule for college football playoff selection show
The semifinal matchups for the first College Football Playoff will be announced Dec. 7 on ESPN.
- Kennedy is Athlete of the Week Kennedy won the 17th annual Race for Grace 5K on Saturday at Logansport.
- Darland takes win in Sprint Week thriller A race that won't be forgotten. That was the sentiment of the huge crowd filing out of the Kokomo Speedway on Saturday night after Dave Darland held off Justin Grant to win by the slightest of margins in the second leg of the Indiana Sprint Week for the USAC Amsoil National Sprint Car Series.
- Sports briefs for Monday, July 14 The Kokomo Post 6 senior team swept Sullivan Post 139 in an American Legion baseball doubleheader on Sunday at CFD Investments Stadium in Highland Park. The Sixers took a 9-8 win in the first game and a 10-6 win in the second game. The teams played seven-inning games.
- VELAZCO: Germany, Argentina set for World Cup final One game remains. Germany and Argentina meet at 3 p.m. today in the famed Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in the World Cup final, and the lifetime of glory that comes with it.
- Sports briefs for Sunday, July 13 The Kokomo Post 6 senior baseball team's games on Saturday were rained out.
- MARTINO: Hellgrammites can provide summer’s best bait “You little sucker,” I said, followed by a mild curse as I wiped the drop of blood off the base of my index finger. I took a different grip on the culprit responsible for my small wound and impaled it on my hook before casting it into a placid pool shaded by a large sycamore tree.
- Junior golfers, it's county tournament time Hey kids, this weekend is the deadline for entering the 2014 Howard County Junior Golf Tournament. The event will be held on Tuesday at the American Legion. If you haven’t already entered, get your mom or dad to take you out there today to get signed up. If you are on any of the golf teams — high school or middle school, or even hope to be next year — you should enter this tournament. It is a fun event to enjoy a round and compete with your peers.
LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers
LeBron James is going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- More Sports Headlines