- TRENT: City of Firsts USBC Association to meet today The City of Firsts USBC Association wants to remind all of its members of the annual meeting at 2 p.m. today at the Eagles on Lincoln Road. Business will be conducted such as the yearly financial report, association manager's report, president's report and voting of directors and president and second VP. In addition, tournament checks will be distributed at this meeting.
- Greensburg boys repeat as 3A champs The Greensburg Pirates showed up to the Class 3A state finals well-prepared. They even brought along championship T-shirts. Luckily, the shirts weren't a waste. Players wore them to the podium after the team's 89-76 victory over the Bowman Academy Ea
Sports Briefs for Friday, March 28
Area cagers earn Top 60, all-state honors Hoosier Basketball Magazine and the Indiana Basketball Coaches Associated released their Top 60 Workout and all-state boys teams, respectively, Thursday, with several area standouts earning recognition. Kok
- BOWMAN: Grant, Hery back together After a season that saw them go different directions, Justin Grant and Mark Hery have reunited for the 2014 season.
- Sports briefs for Wednesday, March 26 Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti will drive the pace car in the 98th running of the Indy 500 in May.
- Kokomo Red tops NW in thrilling City-County game Kokomo Red topped Northwestern 43-42 in a double-overtime thriller in the eighth-grade game, keeping Northwestern from a sweep of the City-County girls basketball championships Monday night at Memorial Gym.
- Shurn is Athlete of the Week Shurn scored 30 points to lead Saint Francis to a 75-68 victory over College of the Ozarks in the championship game of the NAIA Division II tournament.
- Sports briefs for Monday, March 24 Kokomo's Joe Thatcher made his season debut for the Arizona Diamondbacks in Major League Baseball's season-opening series Down Under.
- Kings stymied The Lewis Cass boys basketball squad possessed this season an unparalleled ability to turn what should have been areas of deficiency into its biggest strengths.
- MARTINO: The love of a good dog My good friend Vince Riley is someone with whom I always enjoy talking. It helps that we are neighbors. I like hearing of his outdoor pursuits. Plus he is also an international airline pilot flying for Delta. His job takes him and his passengers across the globe to far off destinations.
- More Sports Headlines