- Brett Bowman: Getting up to speed with Indiana Sprint Week Two-time defending USAC Amsoil National Sprint Car Series champion Bryan Clauson scored his first career win at the Terre Haute Action Track Wednesday to kick off the second half of the 2014 version of Indiana Sprint Week.Clauson, the defending ISW c
- Sports briefs for Friday, July 18 Sixers fall to Plymouth 1-0 on the roadPLYMOUTH — Plymouth Post 27 beat Kokomo 1-0 with a run in the bottom of the seventh inning of the nine-inning American Legion baseball game Thursday night.“If you’re a baseball fan, it’s one of those games that
- Adrenaline boost Joe Thatcher was in Atlanta on July 4 with the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks had lost to the Braves that evening and Thatcher hadn't appeared in the game. After the game, in the locker room, Arizona bench coach Alan Trammell approached Thatcher.
- Sports briefs for Thursday, July 17 Kokomo football blood drive todayThe Kokomo High School football team is sponsoring the Indiana Blood Center’s blood drive today at KHS.The blood drive runs from 3-7 p.m. To donate, go to the main entrance of the KHS career center, on the north side
- Jeter, Trout lead AL over NL 5-3 in All-Star game MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Derek Jeter soaked in the adulation from fans and players during one more night on baseball's national stage, set the tone for the American League with a pregame speech and then delivered two final All-Star hits. Mike Trout, perhap
- Sports briefs for Wednesday, July 16 Parker Stroud and Minka Gill took top honors in the Howard County junior golf tournament on Tuesday at the American Legion G.C. Stroud fired a 79 and was the overall boys champion and Gill shot an 81 and was the overall girls champion.
- LINDLEY: James bears weight of Cleveland's title dreams LeBron James has done it all on a basketball court. He's a great scorer, rugged defender, proven big-play leader and champion. But that might not be enough in Cleveland, where he'll also need the powers of Merlin the Magician.
- DE LA BASTIDE: F.W. short track closes for season The short track racing community is dealing with some disappointing news.
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, July 15 Kokomo's Tionna Brown was a triple winner in the Indiana Region 7 Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships over the weekend.
ESPN sets schedule for college football playoff selection show
The semifinal matchups for the first College Football Playoff will be announced Dec. 7 on ESPN.
- More Sports Headlines