- Race teams hope to ease travel schedule Whether they like it or not NASCAR officials could be looking at changes in how television and sponsor money is divided with competitors and efforts to reduce costs of the sport.Last weekend the nine biggest teams in the Sprint Cup series announced t
- Sports briefs for Wednesday, July 9 NW player helps Indiana BanditsANDERSON — The Indiana Bandits baseball team came in second place in the Anderson University Fourth of July Select Baseball Tournament. The Bandits’ effort was aided by Northwestern’s Aden Merchant.Merchant pitched a th
U of Miami football players arrested on sex charges
Two University of Miami football players have been arrested on sexual battery charges and were kicked off the team.
- World Cup semifinal matches are tough to pick Brazil has five stars arranged over its crest on its jersey. Germany has three. Argentina two. The stars represent World Cup championships. Holland has no stars over its crest, but three runner-up finishes and is the best team ever to not win one.
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, July 8 Former Taylor High School baseball standout Matt Brankle will play for the East squad in the Prospect League All-Star Game at 7:05 p.m. today at Terre Haute's Sycamore Stadium. The Prospect League is a summer collegiate wood bat league featuring 11 teams.
- Fundraising events set to assist Brown This week, as Central seventh-grader Tionna Brown prepares for the USA Track and Field Junior Olympics, several community fundraising events are planned.
NCAA suggests contact limits for football practice
The NCAA is suggesting that football teams hold no more than two contact practices per week during the season in guidelines that grew out of a safety and concussion summit early this year.
Judge OKs Aaron Hernandez transfer to another jail
A judge has ruled that former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez can transfer to a jail in another county for easier access to his Boston lawyers.
Zeisloft transfers from Illinois State to Indiana
Indiana coach Tom Crean says the Hoosiers have added to their roster 6-4 guard Nick Zeisloft, who is transferring from Illinois State after earning his degree in finance.
Sean Swan hired as Kokomo varsity baseball coach
Sean Swan, a Kokomo High School assistant principal who has served the past four seasons as the Wildkat baseball team's assistant varsity coach, has been hired as head coach, the school district announced in a press release Monday.
- More Sports Headlines