Here are the names of local sportsmen who have collected birds during this spring’s wild turkey hunting season. This information is provided by Bryant’s Outdoor Store and U.S. 31 Bait and Tackle and includes standard measurements which are weight, beard length in inches and length of spurs in millimeters.
• Jeff Mulkey — 18 pounds, 101⁄2-inch beard, 20mm spurs.
• Dan Herrell — 17 pounds, 101⁄2-inch beard, 17mm.
• Kim Lee — 23 pounds, 111⁄2-inch beard, 24mm spurs.
• Zach Lawson — 20 pounds, 101⁄2-inch beard, 29mm spurs.
• James Trine — 28 pounds, 11-inch beard, 22mm spurs.
Tribune Catches of the Week
Bryant’s Outdoor Store: Chuck Nunnally pulled in 15 channel and blue catfish with his largest dropping the scales at 12 pounds. Nunnally hooked his catch from the Mississinewa River on cut bait.
Springhill Camp Ground and Pay Pit: Paul and Richard Stout caught five channel cats totaling 11 pounds, three ounces. The fish were taken on live bait.
U.S. 31 Bait and Tackle: John Stephenson and Jeff Tamano each caught their limits of 25 crappies with several of the largest stretching 14-inches in length. The fish were taken from Mississinewa Reservoir on live bait and artificial lures.
• John Martino is the Tribune’s outdoors columnist. He may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.