Terre Haute —
- State News
Fire wrecks rural church near Rochester
A weekend fire destroyed much of a rural northern Indiana church that dated back nearly 140 years.
Lawmakers negotiating Indiana child care regulations
Day care providers would face greater child health and safety regulations if they choose to take taxpayer money under a bill being considered by Indiana lawmakers.
Indiana road funding bill nears final vote
Final lawmaker negotiations are set to begin on a bill that would allocate $200 million for Indiana transportation projects.
- Community pulls together to help new residents TERRE HAUTE (AP) -- To say that Michael Curry was stressed is an understatement. A service member who has been in the U.S. Army for more than 21 years, he had just arrived in Vigo County with his family -- wife, four teenage children, mother-in-law a
- Eastern Indiana man OK after grain bin rescue CENTERVILLE (AP) — An eastern Indiana man is alive after corn buried him to his shoulders in a grain bin. The Palladium-Item reports 68-year-old George Staley of Richmond told rescuers he was fine after being freed Saturday. Malcolm Merkamp, who far
- Crawford lifts Northwestern over Purdue 74-65 WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Northwestern had a message to send before the start of the Big Ten Tournament this week. "People pretty much left us for dead and rightfully so," Coach Chris Collins said after Sunday's 74-65 win over Purdue. "We haven't
- Job at Nike turns Ball State grad into marathoner LOGANSPORT, Ind. (AP) — Bryce Baldwin never pictured himself running a marathon. That changed when he started working for Nike. A switch in careers and a new-found passion for fitness led the 2004 Caston High School graduate to complete his first ma
- 4 couples sue Indiana over same-sex marriage ban LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Four gay couples from southern Indiana sued the state Friday, seeking to force Indiana to recognize same-sex marriages from out of state and issue licenses to same-sex couples. The lawsuit, filed in federal court in New Albany
- Court upholds 105-year sentence Court upholds 105-year sentence ANGOLA (AP) -- The state Court of Appeals has upheld a 105-year prison sentence for a northeastern Indiana man convicted of fatally shooting another man and shooting at a sheriff's deputy during a chase. The Herald Re
- Noted psychiatrist may testify in Purdue shooting INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Defense attorneys for a Purdue University engineering student accused of killing another student on campus may call a psychiatrist who has testified in high-profile murder cases such as those of the Unabomber and a woman who drown
- More State News Headlines
- Fire wrecks rural church near Rochester