In their third year of offering activities aimed at expanding knowledge in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Ivy Tech Community College are planning STEM summer camps for area students in a new format for 2020.
The City of Kokomo has received $2.6 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation that officials say will be used in part to build a new bus garage and purchase six new Spirit of Kokomo vans.
The spread of COVID-19 in March brought the nation’s economy to a screeching and unexpected halt, forcing many local stores and businesses to close for months and lose millions in profits.
For what felt like the first time in forever, Taylor Community School Corp. students saw many of their teachers, administrators and bus drivers during two parades over the course of three days.
Non-essential businesses are closed around the country. So some small business owners are reinventing how they work: a lighting designer is delivering groceries, a science toy store owner is moving online, and a baker is looking for whatever work she can get.
Kevin Hassett, senior economic adviser to President Trump, tells CNN's Poppy Harlow that China's proposed national security law will be "very costly to China and the people of Hong Kong."
Alexandre de Juniac of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) says the coronavirus pandemic will end the days of cheap flights.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer says retail businesses in much of northern Michigan, including restaurants and bars, can reopen starting Friday, May 22. (May 18)
Are there legal consequences for not respecting social distancing? The answer to that question depends on intent.
This Week's Circulars
- Local nursing home reports 50 confirmed COVID-19 cases
- 'Amazed to be alive': Kokomo man with COVID survives 12 days on ventilator
- FCA restarting Kokomo, Tipton plants next Tuesday
- Prayers4Taylor: Community rallies around teenager injured in crash
- Local schools unveil graduation plans
- Barber saves customer's life after heart attack
- 1 rescued in Monday morning fire
- Tipton man arrested in fatal hit-and-run
- Miami County 4-H Fair to be held virtually
- Taylor schools reconnect with students with parades