I’ve been teaching for almost 20 years now, and I’ve started to reflect back on some of the fads I’ve watched pass by me in that time.
Much like Captain Ahab, the central character in Herman Melville’s novel “Moby-Dick,” local artist Gilbert Wilson also had a lifelong goal. On Sunday, the completion of that goal was celebrated at the Swope Art Museum.
INDIANAPOLIS — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed to Indiana health officials that a person in Elkhart County contracted eastern equine encephalitis, or EEE, a rare virus transmitted by mosquitoes. The patient died as a result of the infection. The identity of the person was not revealed.
Visit the Irvington neighborhood on Indianapolis' east side for the 73rd annual Historic Irvington Halloween Festival, the oldest and largest in the country.
When Indiana senior linebacker Reakwon Jones scooped up a fumble and returned it 17 yards on the opening play of IU’s 35-0 win over Rutgers, it brought a range of emotions.
LOUISVILLE — Perhaps nothing is more representative of the barbaric capabilities of mankind than the extermination of six million Jewish people during the Holocaust.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was sanctioned about 30 years ago in a bid to protect people with disabilities against discrimination, especially in telecommunications, and employment. The guidelines have already been enforced in most areas. For instance, organizations should assign accessible parking spaces to people with disabilities.
The Indiana State University board of trustees voted Friday to close Lincoln Quad residence hall at the end of the 2019-20 academic year and proceed with demolition.
Imagine a place where a little girl’s giggle can raise every hair on your arm, a maze of terror where nightmares live and ear-piercing shrieks — mostly your own — fill the air.
This Week's Circulars
- Missing Peru man found dead
- Ind. 26 closed over U.S. 31 for next 30 days
- UAW letter to GM indicates that strike won't end quickly
- Police seeking suspect in shooting
- Shots fired incident leads to arrest warrant
- Bona Vista sells long-time Peru facility to Kokomo-based church
- Deputies: Man found with stolen Windfall police badge
- Reports of shots fired triples on northeast side
- Man convicted of robbing Peru gas station sentenced to 47 years
- 'They're my battle scars': Fighting breast cancer tests toughness of 35-year-old Navy veteran