Among the definitions Merriam-Webster offers for “per•spec•tive” is this:
Congresswoman Susan Brooks, R-5th District, is dodging the issue of whether there should be an impeachment inquiry based on President Donald Trump's alleged quid pro quo ultimatum to Ukraine.
Dear Rep. Bucshon: Keep an open mind
Today, the Intelligence Committee of the U.S. House representatives begins public hearings into allegations that President Donald Trump attempted to extort the vulnerable country of Ukraine by withholding badly needed military aid in exchange for personal political favors ahead of the 2020 election.
A steady flow of voters stood at machines, casting their ballots at the Indiana State University vote center Tuesday afternoon.By 3 o’clock, more than 300 people had voted at the campus polling site, one of 14 around the Terre Haute and Vigo County.
It should come as news to no one that the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives has voted to open a formal inquiry into the impeachment of President Trump.
This fall, the future weighed heavily on the minds of folks who call Terre Haute and Vigo County their home. Two referendums ratcheted up interest in Tuesday's city election, along with an unusually competitive three-way mayor's race.
Black gum (Nyssa sylvatica), also known as black tupelo or sour gum, is a distinctive and beautiful tree native to Indiana and much of the eastern United States.
While this year’s election is unlikely to be featured on CNN, we encourage everyone to take their local elections seriously and get to the poll.
There are already dozens of them, little pink or yellow note cards — each one a handwritten tale of pain, survival, anger or love. Sometimes, all four in a single sentence.
Three years ago, Curtis Hill was a Republican rising star, capturing the nomination for attorney general in a spirited convention floor fight, then leading the ticket that November in votes.
This Week's Circulars
- Huge teachers rally forces Kokomo schools to close
- Pickup strikes, kills man on US 31
- Kokomo K9 unit rescues man from creek
- We Care Trim-a-Tree Auction raises money and brings tears
- Taco John's opening in Peru again
- Police seek 3 involved in robbery
- Seventh-grader Brielle Humphries a force on the field
- Western, Lewis Cass win state band championships ISSMA Band Championships
- Transition team to help Moore staff administration
- St. Vincent de Paul finds new home for food pantry