Three observations from the Hoosiers' homecoming win against Rutgers.
When Indiana senior linebacker Reakwon Jones scooped up a fumble and returned it 17 yards on the opening play of IU’s 35-0 win over Rutgers, it brought a range of emotions.
Indiana State put forth its vision for its athletics during a presentation on Thursday. Included was a new baseball-softball facility, a basketball practice facility and either an on-campus football stadium or renovation of Memorial Stadium.
With pesky junior guard Nojel Eastern defending the ball on the perimeter and rim-protecting 7-foot-3 junior center Matt Haarms inside, Purdue projects to be a stronger defensive team in 2019-20.
Sometimes it’s Jet’s Pizza. Other times its Domino’s or Little Caesars. No matter what, though, it’s one food item the Notre Dame offensive line eats on Thursday nights: pizza.
One by one, the passes darted in. Pitch and catch. By the time Indiana redshirt freshman quarterback Michael Penix Jr. completed his 20th pass in a row at Michigan State, he had surpassed a school record and was closing in on a Big Ten record.
FULTON — There was a football game played on Friday night at Caston, but the main event everyone was waiting for was when Hunter Shaffer returned a kickoff for a touchdown.
Notre Dame beating Bowling Green, 52-0, Saturday afternoon in South Bend didn’t surprise anyone. Some of the updates to the Fighting Irish record book, though, were a bit of a shock.
This Week's Circulars
- Missing Peru man found dead
- Ind. 26 closed over U.S. 31 for next 30 days
- UPDATE: Pilot identified in fatal plane crash
- UAW letter to GM indicates that strike won't end quickly
- Police seeking suspect in shooting
- Shots fired incident leads to arrest warrant
- Bona Vista sells long-time Peru facility to Kokomo-based church
- Deputies: Man found with stolen Windfall police badge
- Reports of shots fired triples on northeast side
- Man convicted of robbing Peru gas station sentenced to 47 years