There were plenty of positives to take from Indiana’s 100-62 win over Troy on Saturday night at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
Peyton Ramsey threw for a career-high 371 yards and one touchdown Saturday at Penn State, but Indiana made too many errors to come away with its first victory in Happy Valley.
For a half, Indiana was making the same defensive mistakes it had made in the first two games this season, failing to rotate to open shooters on the perimeter or keep North Alabama players out of the lane.
Before Sunday night, the last time Indiana was ranked in the Top 25 in football, Bill Clinton was president, the sitcom Friends launched on NBC and Boyz II Men topped the music charts.
As snow flurries fell outside on Halloween, Indiana star 2020 commitment Anthony Leal was at work in the Bloomington South basketball gym, firing up a variety of shots after practice.
New Indiana men’s assistant basketball coach Mike Roberts learned the game at a Boys and Girls Club at Terre Haute in a gym on Third Street.
As Indiana begins its 120th basketball season Tuesday at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall against Western Illinois, third-year coach Archie Miller is hopeful depth will play a factor in the Hoosiers being successful.
This Week's Circulars
- Pickup strikes, kills man on US 31
- Hemp hits Kokomo: Large facility opens to process and dry state's first legal hemp crop
- One person dead in house fire
- Huge teachers rally forces Kokomo schools to close
- Kokomo K9 unit rescues man from creek
- New sober living facility to open in Kokomo
- Jury finds Jones, Reed and Myers guilty in drug conspiracy
- We Care Trim-a-Tree Auction raises money and brings tears
- Taco John's opening in Peru again
- Police seek 3 involved in robbery